• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#321 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Which was largely done on a roster he inherited & a hot goalie that he got really lucky on.  They missed the playoffs last year by 8 points & he's on the outside looking in again so far this season.  So looks like he's gonna be 1 for 3 in playoff appearances?  Sorry, I for one don't buy into the whole "Stevie is the front office messiah" thing at all.  Anyway there are two internal candidates, Jim Nill & Ryan Martin, that should be ahead of him in that line for Kenny's job if he decides to hang it up in the next couple to few years.

I'm with you lock step on this one.  I have no idea why anyone thinks Yzerman should be our GM.  Oh wait, yes I do. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#322 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

Didn't get to watch any of this game, but one thing is still glaring....We need scoring.  Sammy and Bert aren't gonna add enough to help (if they ever get healthy.) So it comes down to a trade. It the bottom line, even when we were doing so good the last few games, you cannot win enough if you only score 1-2 goals a game.

I have to say, it's pretty sad that the WIngs cannot beat this team, I don't know what it is.

ps.  It sickens me everytime I see Hossa celebrating a big game winning goal or hell even a goal...he should have been a Red Wing for life....

...anyway, this team is desperate for a scorer...so desperate that it is going to be expensive to acquire, but I say we need it, do it.  Nothing we have in the IR is going to turn the scoring around to where we score 3-4 goals a game instead of 1-2....

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#323 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

bring up Frk !

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#324 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

A lot of things this season are chaotic. Its like bizarro world. That's how i see it. The Wings beat themselves today, yippy the crap organization that is known as the Blue Jackets won some games against the Wings this year. Who cares move on. They will forever be our Bi***es. Tomorrow the Wings will put them in their place.

Edited by Jericho613, 09 March 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#325 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Just a bad game, they've been playing better lately.

The only thing I am worried about is the power play, they really need to start producing here or we are in trouble.

Hope for a much better effort tomorrow, and just forget about this one.

#326 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

Which was largely done on a roster he inherited & a hot goalie that he got really lucky on.  They missed the playoffs last year by 8 points & he's on the outside looking in again so far this season.  So looks like he's gonna be 1 for 3 in playoff appearances?  Sorry, I for one don't buy into the whole "Stevie is the front office messiah" thing at all.  Anyway there are two internal candidates, Jim Nill & Ryan Martin, that should be ahead of him in that line for Kenny's job if he decides to hang it up in the next couple to few years.

I agree, Nill should be given the GM position. However, we don't know that he isn't completely in tune with Holland on all these decisions. Hopefully Mr. I and/or his kids see what is happening and make the right choice. I'm tired of Kenny and his status quo approach. 

#327 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

"When your team is winning, be ready to be tough, because winning can make you soft. On the other hand, when your team is losing, stick by them. Keep believing!" Yes we looked bad today, and our offense has been stagnant as of late. However we are still in the playoff picture.

#328 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

Looks like I didn't miss much. I don't know what it is with the Jackets but to me it looks like the Wings are having a hrd  trime beating them for whatever reason.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#329 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

Looks like I didn't miss much. I don't know what it is with the Jackets but to me it looks like the Wings are having a hrd  trime beating them for whatever reason.

As Babcock would say... no "compete"

#330 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

I hate to say anything bad about Yzerman, but he hasn't really shown any brilliance as a GM.

This team...every time they are in a position to close a gap in the standings, or to make up some troy.d somewhere, they blow it.

Babcock needs to be less reliant on his line formulas. He is sticking to the shooter-playmaker-net presence formula. We don't have the players to make that combination work right now. and its why Cleary and Abdelkader are on Datsyuk's line. I miss his old line juggling days now. Just try putting the best players together and see who clicks.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#331 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

I hate to say anything bad about Yzerman, but he hasn't really shown any brilliance as a GM.

This team...every time they are in a position to close a gap in the standings, or to make up some troy.d somewhere, they blow it.

Babcock needs to be less reliant on his line formulas. He is sticking to the shooter-playmaker-net presence formula. We don't have the players to make that combination work right now. and its why Cleary and Abdelkader are on Datsyuk's line. I miss his old line juggling days now. Just try putting the best players together and see who clicks.

Babcock did (finally) change the top 2 lines last game. It became Dats-Z-Abby and Brunner-Mule-Cleary.

#332 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

This.  Every scrub third liner is not Holmstrom.

esteef

Edited by esteef, 10 March 2013 - 10:51 AM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#333 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Columbus can't go against Detroit's skill players and try to play Detroit's game, so they try to compete harder and grind on them.  When it works, and it has 4 games in a row now for them, they usually win.  When they can't overcome the skill gap they have against other teams, they end up losing, usually pretty badly.

Yesterday was the first game in 5 for them that didn't go into OT, and they are 4-0-2 in that stretch including yesterday's game.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80, 10 March 2013 - 10:35 AM.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#334 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

&*@%^#!)$!

Edited by MidMichSteve, 10 March 2013 - 10:49 AM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke