Sometimes the best trade is the one not made

Zetters Kronners and Ericsson stepping up as well

#2 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Kronner stepped up with the 1st goal today. ..for Columbus!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#3 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,062 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

We like our farm.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#4 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

We like our farm.

farm%20for%20sale.jpg

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#5 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Seriously... Bring up the rest then cause the top 2 lines aren't producing! /overreacting.

We do need something for this team though, who that is? Shrug, hell if I know.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#6 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,062 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

We do need something for this team though, who that is? Shrug, hell if I know.

Perry/Wheeler/Clarkson and Girardi.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#7 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Perry/Wheeler/Clarkson and Girardi.

Are any of those guys legitimately available? If so I would be all for Perry or Wheeler.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#8 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

I would assume that Perry will be, since Getzlaf just got that large contract, but every time we assume some big star will hit the market they get re-signed, so who knows.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#9 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

I would assume that Perry will be, since Getzlaf just got that large contract, but every time we assume some big star will hit the market they get re-signed, so who knows.

The Ducks have plenty of space to give Perry the same deal. Especially if they trust Fasth enough to get rid of Hiller.

Even if they don't think they can sign him they wouldn't move him until the draft anyway, unless we're offering Datsyuk.

#10 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

You know for losing Stewart, Homer and Lids, we are in freaking 6th place, yesterday it was 4th.  With all those young superstars on Edmonton, look where they are sitting.  This team has done very well despite who we lost. 

#11 PuckY18

PuckY18

Prospect

• 40 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

If the flames start falling behind, and getting iginla is unreasonable, I would make an offer for Cammalleri who only has 1 more year left. 

#12 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Are any of those guys legitimately available? If so I would be all for Perry or Wheeler.

Perry will be for the right price a la Tatar and Ouellet or Sproul = no thanks and Wheeler is far from available from the Jets.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#13 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

What? We cannot trade Emmy for Perry straight up? :ninja:

Seriously Perry would cost a top 6 NHL player, a prospect and probably a pick. I could see Filppula being the top 6 guy.  He could be involved because both he and Perry are UFA's at the end of the season so it makes the risk for both team equal.  I hate to say it, but I think that either one of Tatar or Nyquist would be the prospect involved, they are the two guys that are the most NHL ready from the farm and of the two, I could part with Nyquist easier than Tatar.  Not unless they would take a chance on Sheahan or Ferraro.  I am here to say though that I am dead set against getting rid of our 1st round pick, unless we are swapping ours for thiers. (which would still give us a shot at Rychel or Fasching...)

So, here is what I could see as plausible IF Perry were to be moved before the season ended:

to ANA:  Val Filppula, Gustav Nyquist, 2013 1st round pick.

to DET:  Corey Perry, 2013 1st round pick.

....and just for the record, I don't even see that as a reality unless the Ducks know for sure they cannot re-sign Perry and want to try to get somet value for him.  I still think that Detroit has an ace in hand with Flip and Anaheim just may be on board with getting Filppula together with Selanne for the playoffs and see if they do indeed have great chemistry together as Selanne has said before. Could be a win/win for both teams...

That being said, I think I would take Bobby Ryan over Corey Perry in a trade and try my luck in the off season with Perry, unless he re-signed after they freed up the $5M+ that Ryan takes with him...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#14 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

They just really played down to Columbus on the weekend, uninspired hockey. I think they will get it together on this road trip with Flip back in the lineup and take 2 of 3. As far as trades go I would really like Drew Stafford because the Wings wouldn't have to give up much to get him.

What i would like to see with Helm back in 3 weeks or so:

Brunner-Zata-Franzen

Stafford-Datsyuk-Tatar

Andersson-Helm-Filpulla

Tootoo-Emmerton-Miller

Cleary as a healthy scratch, Bert looks to be done for the season and lol Sammy

Agree with Big Rig stepping up, Zetterberg has cooled off after a nice start to the season and Kronwall has put up the points but has been questionable defensively.

Edited by Yak19, 11 March 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#15 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

They just really played down to Columbus on the weekend, uninspired hockey. I think they will get it together on this road trip with Flip back in the lineup and take 2 of 3. As far as trades go I would really like Drew Stafford because the Wings wouldn't have to give up much to get him.

What i would like to see with Helm back in 3 weeks or so:

Brunner-Zata-Franzen
Stafford-Datsyuk-Tatar
Andersson-Helm-Filpulla
Tootoo-Emmerton-Miller

Cleary as a healthy scratch, Bert looks to be done for the season and lol Sammy

What'd you trade for stafford? Abby/eaves? Nyq/other prospects?

Edited by amato, 11 March 2013 - 04:43 PM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#16 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

What'd you trade for stafford? Abby/eaves?

2nd rounder and Abdelkader

may not be that easy and i wouldn't mind some other package deal of picks and one or more of Abby, Eaves and White.

Edited by Yak19, 11 March 2013 - 05:02 PM.