Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

http://hockeytraderu...rs-leafs-perry/

#2 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

This is a player, who we mostly all hate, but could definitely thrive here and bring some much needed excitement to the offense that has been lacking the past couple weeks.  Just imagine replacing Abdelkader with Perry with Datsyuk....  it actually makes sense! 

But in the end, I doubt we'd come close to offering what those other teams will.  And I doubt Holland would pay him the big bucks.

#3 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Lol in that link a leafs fan said says "kessel for perry". LOL. That's like us saYing franzen or clearly for perry!

#4 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

please no....100 other players before him.

if datsyuk has to fight him...you know he's a prick.

holland....focus on dekeyser. dont get blinded by the spotlight.

Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#5 HIFI_canadian

HIFI_canadian

Give me some of that TATAR sauce

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

Why in the world would the Ducks trade Perry when the team is 17-3-3 in the West?  Yes, rumors has it that it would be hard for the ducks to re-sign Perry this summer however if anyone knows how Bob Murray does trades. They would know how incredibly unrealistic his trade offers are. He is going to ask for bunch of draft picks and potentially Tatar, Andersson,Sheahan, Athanasiou or Frk. Sorry, I'm not interested especially with a player who is ready to test the market this summer.

tomastatar.png

#6 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

ya, why would we want a 50 goal scorer that is only 27...... That being said, I expect him to resign with the Ducks. They have plenty of cap space. 19.5 million yet to spend for next season, after resigning Getz. But maybe those commercials with Nicky will help! LOL

#7 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

I would guess he'll be a Duck as well.  Selane will retire after this year too, opening up some cap space.

#8 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

I'd love to see it happen, but let's face it: we don't have a snowball's chance in Hell of making this happen. The asking price is rumored to be a roster player, two top prospects, and a first-round pick. No, thanks. We literally can't afford to part with ANY of those pieces. And I'm going to assume they want a top roster player when they say "roster player".

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#9 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

3 players and and 1st is what it would probably take to acquire Perry. Maybe even a 2nd or 3rd pick too.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 11 March 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#10 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Why in the world would the Ducks trade Perry when the team is 17-3-3 in the West?  Yes, rumors has it that it would be hard for the ducks to re-sign Perry this summer however if anyone knows how Bob Murray does trades. They would know how incredibly unrealistic his trade offers are. He is going to ask for bunch of draft picks and potentially Tatar, Andersson,Sheahan, Athanasiou or Frk. Sorry, I'm not interested especially with a player who is ready to test the market this summer.

so what you're saying is, and correct me if I am wrong here, that Tatar who has 8 points in 27 nhl games, 7 points in 18 games this season is worth more then Perry who has 214 goals and 453 points in 554 nhl games? right now perry is a ppg, and two years ago he had 50 goals and 98 points, if you think Tatar is worth more then that there is something wrong. I personally wouldn't be opposed to giving up Tatar, Andersson, and a first rounder for perry, he is only 27 and would be amazing on pasha's line

#11 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

so what you're saying is, and correct me if I am wrong here, that Tatar who has 8 points in 27 nhl games, 7 points in 18 games this season is worth more then Perry who has 214 goals and 453 points in 554 nhl games? right now perry is a ppg, and two years ago he had 50 goals and 98 points, if you think Tatar is worth more then that there is something wrong. I personally wouldn't be opposed to giving up Tatar, Andersson, and a first rounder for perry, he is only 27 and would be amazing on pasha's line

Only if we give him a new deal otherwise no thanks

#12 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

I think the question is, would you be willing to give that up for Perry if he comes here, plays 13 regular season games and the Wings miss the playoffs, or make it in and lose in the 1st or 2nd round and then he walks in the offseason? I personally am not big on that idea.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#13 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

No way in hell the Ducks deal him to a team in the West first of all. Second of all theyre playing too well to trade him. Thirdly Tatar and Andersson wouldnt be enough to get Perry. It would take at LEAST Nyquist and Smith plus a first rounder.

#14 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

No way in hell the Ducks deal him to a team in the West first of all. Second of all theyre playing too well to trade him. Thirdly Tatar and Andersson wouldnt be enough to get Perry. It would take at LEAST Nyquist and Smith plus a first rounder.

we will be in the east next year, plus after our double header with them on the 22 and 24 of march we don't see them again this year

#15 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

IF they move Perry before the deadline, I doubt it would be to Detroit, a team they could potentially face in the opening round of the playoffs. IF they trade him before the deadline, they will probably send him East. I doubt he is going to move though...

#16 HIFI_canadian

HIFI_canadian

Give me some of that TATAR sauce

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

I agree, Corey Perry is much better then Tatar and Andersson combined however what I am say is that you don't give away your assets for a player who is POTENTIALLY (most likely in my opinion) testing the market at the end of the season. The team is not selling, they want players who can step up now and can develop in the future (Tatar, Andersson..etc.) not to mention still have a chance at winning a championship. If he had a long-term deal in place then sure it would be a good deal but id hate to see Tatar and Andersson go.

tomastatar.png

#17 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

we will be in the east next year, plus after our double header with them on the 22 and 24 of march we don't see them again this year

This. People forget that Detroit has a new set of trading partners now that we are moving East. If teams can deal with potentially playing detroit in the playoffs then we can definitely swing deals with other teams in the West. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#18 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

I'll bet large stacks that Perry won't be going anywhere atleast until the offseason. The Ducks are gearing up for a deep playoff run, and nothing they could get for Perry is going to help their team on that run.

I highly doubt Bob Murray has even considered moving him. It's all just media fodder driven by the fact that he is a star player slated to be a UFA this summer.

#19 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

If Perry leaves Anaheim (and I doubt he will), it won't be until the offseason.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.