• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/10 GDT : Blue Jackets 3 at Red Wings 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

Datsyuk has had lackluster linemates, but he's also losing an overwhelming amount of face offs which is not like him at all. I think he's playing hurt. I also think Zetterberg is playing pretty bad, he can't take a pass. Don't know if I can make the hurt excuse for him though.

I said this a few GDT's ago. He hasn't been normal in the circle and you can certainly see he isn't all there in the game. He can't even control some of his footwork some times and can barely buckle down a puck at times. I think his wrist has been acting up again, which is from earlier in the season. They rushed him back into games after only missing one game, and I think they possibly got it hurt again. He just seems OFF

Guest DeGraa55

I said this a few GDT's ago. He hasn't been normal in the circle and you can certainly see he isn't all there in the game. He can't even control some of his footwork some times and can barely buckle down a puck at times. I think his wrist has been acting up again, which is from earlier in the season. They rushed him back into games after only missing one game, and I think they possibly got it hurt again. He just seems OFF

Or maybe people need to accept the fact he is human and is getting old. I swear to god you people think he will play until he is 50 same with Z.

We're so easy to read on the PP. That is 'okay' if you execute the plays fast and with accuracy, but we don't. The slooooow switching sides of the d-men on the blueline, then the pass and one-timer.. is always blocked because the forward knows exactly what will happen and he has plenty of time to get in position.

We looked better on the PP a little while back, and the difference was we had Brunner in the slot/circles looking for a one-timer, making us harder to read. Sure, we didn't score, but we created more chances. Then came a few games where we had no PPs and suddenly Babs&Co decide to go crazy and put Miller-Cleary-Brunner out there on the PP.. sigh.

Well, I just saw the replay of Columbus' 2nd goal and it was yet another horrible rebound by Jimmy. Jimmy is a great goalie except when it come to rebounds...every game he gives up tons of rebounds and he gets burned more than I like. It's really gonna burn me up if we get to the playoffs and his eneptness when it comes to rebound control knocks us out of the playoffs. He needs to nip that in the bud!

Again, what this needs is in dire need of is scoring. Primary and secondary. This team NEEDS a legit sniper that is a threat to score everytime he is on ice. Added to that, this team is also in dire need of a PP quarterback. Kronner is just not it. He is good at his game and is valuable to this team, but he isn't that quarterback...

So, when it comes to the glaring needs of this team....PP quarterback and legit sniper....anyone have Fedorov's number? :ninja:

Unfortunately, neither Bert nor Sammy are going to fill these needs...

Did I hear that Datsyuk hasn't scored in about 9 games? Hmmmmm, seems to coincide about the time that he was put on a line with Abby and Cleary....

I know we do not have the assets to acquire these needs, and with how tight the playoff race is, I really don't see a whole lot of players exchanging hands this deadline....

Good to see the Franzine I have grow to love and hate is back. I knew he was only good for one dominant game per every 20...

Nice to hear that Helm may be back next week, maybe. He instantly makes this team better and would also give Tatar more scoring chances...

5 on 3 for 96 seconds...if they do not score, it will really fire up Columbus...good luck and Go Wings!

(Babs, get the lines right please...Cleary and Abby are not top 6. Cleary brings everyone down to his level. Holland, make the moves (if you can) to get what this team needs...)