• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/10 GDT : Blue Jackets 3 at Red Wings 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

I like how its unfolding. Wings control their destiny, what else could you want?

If the Wings want to make the playoffs they will have to go on the road and earn it. If they choose to do that, this team will be ready to do damage in the playoffs.

Only team the Wings have to watch out for is the one in their own lockerroom!

I am also looking forward to the mass exodus of bandwagon fans that have jumped on board over the last 20 years. Having gone to Ferris back in the mid 90s, I fell in love with that hockey team and they were not that good. Still, the 2,000 fans that showed up to the games were enjoyable to watch the game with. They were knowledgeable and appreciative of what the team brought every night. Sure, they weren't a 1st place team, but hell they worked hard and the fans appreciated it.

When they had a great season in 2003 and won the CCHA title, the morons came out of the woodwork the next year. The arena was sold out every night, but talking with these people were annoying. They bitched non-stop about the team. They bitched non-stop about the coaching staff. It was less about enjoying the hockey game and all about a "what have you done for me" attitude. After a down season, the morons went away and it was back to normal again.

So yes, Top 10 pick if they don't make the playoffs and we get to start the "fan" purge.

They are going to need a little more than that. A top defenseman would also be on my list.

Can you please refer me to some good Florida Panthers sites?

Correction: 1 point out of 5 points that were earned.

Bye bye Columbus, see ya in the Eastern Conference next year ya hard working dicks. Bad game, 1 point of 4 against Columbus is inexcusable anyway ya shake it. We desperately need some reinforcements up front. Howard and the defense are starting to settle in, but we have no depth up front. Abby and Dano are playing too much, Tatar isn't getting a real shot. We need Fil and Helm to get the team speed up and give us more depth up front. Whenever Bert is healthy will help too, Sammy can fly down south and sleep on the beach for the rest of the year as far as I'm concerned, rather have Andersson/Tatar/Eaves/Miller/Emmerton in the line-up over him when everyone is healthy.

This is one of the last things you want to read from an opposing player. Is it really that easy ?

Explaining the 3-0 Blue Jackets' win Saturday, before the 3-2 win in a shootout Sunday, Derek Brassard, who opened the scoring for Columbus on Sunday, was succinct.

"I think we played really hard," he said. "We just played the game they don't want to play."

They are going to need a little more than that. A top defenseman would also be on my list.

This would be the power play quarterback as well... they need scoring and although they are doing better defensively, they need that top minute guy who can quarterback the PP too...Kronner just isn't it. He is good at what he does and is important to this teams success, but he just isn't that top guy who can play in every situation...

I am also looking forward to the mass exodus of bandwagon fans that have jumped on board over the last 20 years. Having gone to Ferris back in the mid 90s, I fell in love with that hockey team and they were not that good. Still, the 2,000 fans that showed up to the games were enjoyable to watch the game with. They were knowledgeable and appreciative of what the team brought every night. Sure, they weren't a 1st place team, but hell they worked hard and the fans appreciated it.

When they had a great season in 2003 and won the CCHA title, the morons came out of the woodwork the next year. The arena was sold out every night, but talking with these people were annoying. They bitched non-stop about the team. They bitched non-stop about the coaching staff. It was less about enjoying the hockey game and all about a "what have you done for me" attitude. After a down season, the morons went away and it was back to normal again.

So yes, Top 10 pick if they don't make the playoffs and we get to start the "fan" purge.

I agree, while it must of been nice being born with the Red Wings "silver spoon" in your mouth, a few years of humbling loses would do this fanbase well. Don't get me wrong, I still want as many Cups as possible, but you never really appreciate the Cup until your team has fought long and hard to earn it. Not that they haven't earned this success in the last 20 years, BUT every season leading up to 1997, including the dark Dead Wings era, are what made that 1997 Cup the most memorable Cup of all of them. If the Wings go another 10+ years without a sniff, I think it'll bring the bandwagon, spoiled, fans down a bit and really appreciate what it takes to 'build" a Champion, just like Brian Murray and Scotty Bowman did...

Here is some good news guys. Even though we are unable to beat the lowly Blue Jackets, with 28 points the Wings still sit 3rd in points in the West and 4th in playoff positioning. It could be a whole lot worse....we could be in the East right now where we wouldn't even be in the playoffs and we would be 5th in the division behind MTL, TOR, BOS, OTT....we'd still be ahead of TPA and FLA, but yikes! Ken Holland better soup up this team and do it quickly, because it is going to be twice as hard to make the playoffs in our new conference next season!

I agree, while it must of been nice being born with the Red Wings "silver spoon" in your mouth, a few years of humbling loses would do this fanbase well. Don't get me wrong, I still want as many Cups as possible, but you never really appreciate the Cup until your team has fought long and hard to earn it. Not that they haven't earned this success in the last 20 years, BUT every season leading up to 1997, including the dark Dead Wings era, are what made that 1997 Cup the most memorable Cup of all of them. If the Wings go another 10+ years without a sniff, I think it'll bring the bandwagon, spoiled, fans down a bit and really appreciate what it takes to 'build" a Champion, just like Brian Murray and Scotty Bowman did...

+1

We can complain about fair weather fans all we want, and yes they will go away if the wings aren't competitive anymore. Band wagon fans are like herpes, yes they go away for awhile but eventually they come back. There is never any true purging of a fan base, the true fans are those that endure the suffering of the down years.

Here is some good news guys. Even though we are unable to beat the lowly Blue Jackets, with 28 points the Wings still sit 3rd in points in the West and 4th in playoff positioning. It could be a whole lot worse....we could be in the East right now where we wouldn't even be in the playoffs and we would be 5th in the division behind MTL, TOR, BOS, OTT....we'd still be ahead of TPA and FLA, but yikes! Ken Holland better soup up this team and do it quickly, because it is going to be twice as hard to make the playoffs in our new conference next season!

The problem with that line is you fail to take into account the Wings currently are tied for most games played, The Wings could fall right back to tenth with 28 points once all teams that are blow us catch up to the same number of games played. The other problem is the Wings have been terrible on the road and the lion share of games left are on the road.

Edited by Shaman464

We can complain about fair weather fans all we want, and yes they will go away if the wings aren't competitive anymore. Band wagon fans are like herpes, yes they go away for awhile but eventually they come back. There is never any true purging of a fan base, the true fans are those that endure the suffering of the down years.

Yup, this is the unfortunate reality.

Thank god everyone else lost this weekend too. We're still sitting in 4th place in the west and are actually a point ahead of third place Minnesota. Caught a lucky break there, hopefully we can get this turned around soon.

Thank god everyone else lost this weekend too. We're still sitting in 4th place in the west and are actually a point ahead of third place Minnesota. Caught a lucky break there, hopefully we can get this turned around soon.

How can that be? Everyone is close in the standings, and all the games are inter-conference.

Someone gets at least two points every game.

I heard his brother is like the best fighter in lacrosse.

So he should fight more often, hopefully.

I thought his younger brother Reiley played Winger on the Stars? How many brothers does this man have?!

Good to see Smith fight!

It was nice to see him stick up for himself. MacKenzie injured him, and the past 2 games against CBJ he was finishing EVERY check on Smith. I was happy to finally see Smitty say, F This let's do it.

I thought his younger brother Reiley played Winger on the Stars? How many brothers does this man have?!

It was nice to see him stick up for himself. MacKenzie injured him, and the past 2 games against CBJ he was finishing EVERY check on Smith. I was happy to finally see Smitty say, F This let's do it.

He has a brother named Rory who's played in the NLL, in lacrosse.

That's the one I was referring to. I guess he does have another one too playing hockey.