• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mater_Horn

Brunner to go with Tootoo and Tatar?

Rate this topic

Why is our top scorer being put on the 3rd line? I would rather move Z to center the 3rd line than move Brunner. Brunner is at least productive, Z is clearly struggling to do just about everything right now.

I think that Tatar should be moved up though. I think that the top 2 lines should look something like:

Brunner-Z-Franzen

Tatar-Dats-who cares right now but I guess Abs

Just put Cleary out of the top 6.

Cleary is the problem on every line he ends up on. Flip should be back against Calgary Wednesday I believe Mick was saying last game and he should bump Cleary down. When Cleary is on your line, your scoring goes down. He's got squat for hockey sense. Abby needs to go back to 4th line centre. Keep Tatar-Eaves-Andersson together cause they've been our best line the past 10 games. Just get Cleary and Abs back to the 4th line cause the experiment is failing. Move Tootoo up to be the retriever. Have the lines of:

Tootoo-Z-Brunner

Flip-Dats-Franzen

Tatar-Andersson-Eaves

Cleary-Abdelkader-Miller

Cleary and Abs can continue to shut guys down and Dats can score more than a point per game again. Done.

Hah, why not!?

Abdelkader has shown some remarkable aggressivness. He could be as good as Tootoo and Tatar are. Just let Brunner play with guys who are hot. Especially then he wil score.

Remarkable aggressiveness is fine and dandy. The problem is thats all Abdelkader brings to the table. He brings nothing in the offensive game which is a problem when your getting top 6 spots. Hes a 4th line player at best. Even more the guys on the 4th line are out producing him and showing just as much aggressiveness.

I think it's very foolish to take Brunner out of the top 6. He's very much a top 6 guy and very much on an expiring contract. Hate to be a player pleaser, but the young goal scoring star who needs to be re-signed is not the guy you demote on a contract year. Let him flourish and fall in love with this system in the top 6 with the stars he signed on to play with.

The only guys who should not be up for demotion right now are Z, D, and B. Everyone else is on the chopping block.

We can shuffle the lines untill we are blue in the face. But that doesn't change the fact we need more talent. We only have 3 scorers: Datsyuk, Z and Brunner. That is it. No one else on this roster can score much. Tatar is on pace for just under 20 goals over 80 games. Sammy has only had 2 seasons in his entire career with more than 20 goals. he isn't much of a scorer. yes 2 years ago he had 30. But that was his career high water mark. Bert hasn't scored more than 18 in 5 years. Guys, come on we just don't have it. We can hope for better, dream of better, but this group just isn't capable of it. Now we have exhausted datsyuk and Zetterberg, it could get much worse.

Only the plus side, the D is playing better, so we don't have to score as much......we hope..........

I think it's very foolish to take Brunner out of the top 6. He's very much a top 6 guy and very much on an expiring contract. Hate to be a player pleaser, but the young goal scoring star who needs to be re-signed is not the guy you demote on a contract year. Let him flourish and fall in love with this system in the top 6 with the stars he signed on to play with.

The only guys who should not be up for demotion right now are Z, D, and B. Everyone else is on the chopping block.

Agreed here. Keep Brunner in the top 6 cause he's a goal scorer. Do not touch the 3rd line. They've been the most consistent line we have. The only thing that needs to happen is to get Cleary and Abby out of the top 6. Flip should be back against the Flames and when Helm gets back, we can have a 4th line of Abby-Helm-Miller leaving the 3rd line once again as is. The wheel is round.

We can shuffle the lines untill we are blue in the face. But that doesn't change the fact we need more talent. We only have 3 scorers: Datsyuk, Z and Brunner. That is it. No one else on this roster can score much. Tatar is on pace for just under 20 goals over 80 games. Sammy has only had 2 seasons in his entire career with more than 20 goals. he isn't much of a scorer. yes 2 years ago he had 30. But that was his career high water mark. Bert hasn't scored more than 18 in 5 years. Guys, come on we just don't have it. We can hope for better, dream of better, but this group just isn't capable of it. Now we have exhausted datsyuk and Zetterberg, it could get much worse.

Only the plus side, the D is playing better, so we don't have to score as much......we hope..........

do you purposely leave franzen and filppula out? franzen is a borderline 30 goal scorer every year, and filppula is one of our most accurate shots, he just needs to shoot more.