Photo
- - - - -

2013/2014 lineup, Amnesty, Cap

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

this is gonna be a really deep draft i dont wanna get rid of our 1st round pick for any ufa

Ya, I said in my first post yesterday that the only way I would be ok with dealing our 1st is if we got a their 1st back (which should be a lower pick, but with the players available, we should still get a nice player.)  But I agree, I do not want to just give our 1st away either...

Perry won't sign for $6m, and this team won't be paying him $8m.

You are correct about the $6 and you may be right about the $8, but as soon as Holland realizes he needs to spend real money to get real talent, then this team will start it's turn around much quicker. Enough overpaying old guys and low balling the guys we actually need...

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#22 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Ya, I said in my first post yesterday that the only way I would be ok with dealing our 1st is if we got a their 1st back (which should be a lower pick, but with the players available, we should still get a nice player.)  But I agree, I do not want to just give our 1st away either...

You are correct about the $6 and you may be right about the $8, but as soon as Holland realizes he needs to spend real money to get real talent, then this team will start it's turn around much quicker. Enough overpaying old guys and low balling the guys we actually need...

What "old guy" is overpayed? Just about every old guy on the team makes what they would have gotten on the open market when they were signed to the deals they have. I'm really curious to know who you are reffering to.

#23 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

I wouldn't spent 1 cent on acquiring Perry let some other team throw away their cap space for him. Rather wait longer until something worth going after is available and Perry is not that player.

#24 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Has there been any discussion of the teams who will be right up against the new $64M salary cap for next year?

Likely most of them.  The majority of teams spent close to the 70.2 mil cap and will have to trim fat for next season.  While we should have some cap space and the Islanders, but the Islanders aren't a very attractive destination these days unless you want to sit in the sun and collect a paycheck for not playing.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#25 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

What "old guy" is overpayed? Just about every old guy on the team makes what they would have gotten on the open market when they were signed to the deals they have. I'm really curious to know who you are reffering to.

Maybe I should have said, paying old guys market value  But if by paying market value for old guys we don't need, then it means we have less money to outbid for someone we do need...thankfully we won't have that issue with Datsyuk next season...he is either leaving for home or playing here.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.