• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

You my friend are LGW's king of the internet for today!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#42 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing OT extended to 10 minutes. I feel like it would cut down on a lot of shootouts. As for the shootouts themselves I'm kind of on the fence about. I enjoy watching them, especially when you have a player like Datsyuk on your team, but even when the Wings win them I don't get a very big sense of satisfaction. I feel like the 3 point games and shootouts take a lot of meaning away from wins and question the integrity of the standings.

Oh and I think the Kane move is kind of stupid. And I definitely don't think he's the only one doing it because he's the only player who possesses the ability to skate at a turtle's pace. Other players just probably think they have a better chance doing other things, it's not a perfect move after all. But like someone else said the shootouts are supposed to emulate breakaways, so I think some kind of timer could be put into place.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero, 13 March 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#43 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

What if they added a defenseman to the mix on a shootout?  For example, the D-man stands on the opposite blue line and can’t chase until the puck is touched at center. This would add a level of back pressure and Kane would get crushed trying to pull that slow-mo BS he does.  Just my $0.02.

#44 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

What if they added a defenseman to the mix on a shootout?  For example, the D-man stands on the opposite blue line and can’t chase until the puck is touched at center. This would add a level of back pressure and Kane would get crushed trying to pull that slow-mo BS he does.  Just my $0.02.

i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#45 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

Actually, I'm being serious..

#46 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Patrick Kane,  .02 cents. 

patrick 20 cent kane?

kane-cabbie.jpg

Nevermind

#47 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

patrick 20 cent kane?

kane-cabbie.jpg

Nevermind

I see, but it wasn't intentional. I guess I'm not that clever. :dntknw:

The  idea would closer emulate a break away scenario and we could always use Darren Helm as our honorary SO D-man, no one would ever get a shot off on Jimmy.  :)

Edited by redwingmachine, 13 March 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#48 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

^ Actually not a bad idea, make it any player not just a d-man (preferably a faster skater to catch up quicker), and instead of when the puck is touched make it when the ref blows the whistle (in other words they both start from standing still).  More like a breakaway, which is really what the spirit of it is supposed to emulate IMO.

esteef

Edited by esteef, 13 March 2013 - 02:39 PM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#49 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

I can't believe Bourque did that during actual play....LOL.

patrick 20 cent kane?

Nevermind

Shameless plug:

20_cents.jpg

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid