• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Stafford available.......

Rate this topic

Stafford and Regehr or Leopold would be a nice pickup for the Wings. Stafford would be an upgrade on the 2nd line and has right handed shot, while Regehr is a steady top 4 d-man and Leopold is more offensive of a d-man.

What would a trade for them make? I am pretty sure the relationship between KH and Regier is solid, so this could very likely be a good move for both clubs.

Stafford and Regehr or Leopold would be a nice pickup for the Wings. Stafford would be an upgrade on the 2nd line and has right handed shot, while Regehr is a steady top 4 d-man and Leopold is more offensive of a d-man.

What would a trade for them make? I am pretty sure the relationship between KH and Regier is solid, so this could very likely be a good move for both clubs.

They are heading for a rebuild. So youth and picks. The totals would depend on what we take. Both of those D's are UFA's IIRC, so filppula would get one of them. Nyquist would be part of it.

They are heading for a rebuild. So youth and picks. The totals would depend on what we take. Both of those D's are UFA's IIRC, so filppula would get one of them. Nyquist would be part of it.

Wrong.

If Buffalo is heading for a rebuild, why would they send away a UFA dman for a UFA forward? That doesn't help their rebuild effort AT ALL. Plus, getting rid of Filppula would make the Wings offense worse. If Holland's trying to make the team better to get to the playoffs why would he get rid of Filppula?

Edited by DSM

He seems to be struggling this season, though. It would be a risk to bring him and his $4mil a season cap hit in when Detroit needs cap space to resign key players this offseason.

Plus, if Holland gives up assetts for him and he comes here and STILL struggles, he'd get bagged on here harder than Quincey and Samuelsson COMBINED.

It's a risk, but a risk worth taking. He's a good player. He could definitely fill a need and help us out.

Some said the same thing about Quincey at last years deadline...

Guest Crymson

Leopold is having a horrific season.

Stafford would cost a lot.

Leopold is having a horrific season.

Stafford would cost a lot.

Not really. Nyquist and pick (2nd) would get it done. he is having a done year as has the whole damn team. he is a recent 30 goal scorer though. Change of teams would do him wonders.

Guest Crymson

Not really. Nyquist and pick (2nd) would get it done.

Do you have a direct line to Darcy Regier? If not, then your claim is absolutely arbitrary.

Not really. Nyquist and pick (2nd) would get it done. he is having a done year as has the whole damn team. he is a recent 30 goal scorer though. Change of teams would do him wonders.

Worked great for Dustin Penner and LA...

Some said the same thing about Quincey at last years deadline...

That risk backfired, yes. But this team needs a trade. Anyone who has watched this team as closely as I have all season knows that even when at least mostly healthy, this team has NO teeth and can't score in any situation.

That risk backfired, yes. But this team needs a trade. Anyone who has watched this team as closely as I have all season knows that even when at least mostly healthy, this team has NO teeth and can't score in any situation.

Sure this team needs to make some changes, but I'm sorry Stafford isn't the guy. He's on pace for 6 goals in an 82 game season and is a team worst -8 for Buffalo. The guy would make no difference here.

Sure this team needs to make some changes, but I'm sorry Stafford isn't the guy. He's on pace for 6 goals in an 82 game season and is a team worst -8 for Buffalo. The guy would make no difference here.

Buffalo's centers are also far-and-away worse than ours are. Buffalo isn't a good team all around. Plus-minus can be a misleading stat. He's a risk, I acknowledged that. He could end up not doing a whole lot. But are we really in a position to be that picky? He's relatively young, relatively cheap and isn't signed for too much longer. Getting Stafford would be a helluva lot better than standing pat and continuing to decline while everyone around us gets better. Again.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993

Buffalo's centers are also far-and-away worse than ours are. Buffalo isn't a good team all around. Plus-minus can be a misleading stat. He's a risk, I acknowledged that. He could end up not doing a whole lot. But are we really in a position to be that picky? He's relatively young, relatively cheap and isn't signed for too much longer. Getting Stafford would be a helluva lot better than standing pat and continuing to decline while everyone around us gets better. Again.

We are when he has a $4mil cap hit and the Wings have players to resign and fit under the cap for next season. And the fact that the price is going to be high (Like a decent prospect and a 1st rounder high), for a guy who's middle name could be changed to "Inconsistent".

Holland could probably better utilize that $4mil a season in the UFA market, and not have to cough up any assets.

Pass.

/End.

Edited by DSM

We are when he has a $4mil cap hit and the Wings have players to resign and fit under the cap for next season. And the fact that the price is going to be high (Like a decent prospect and a 1st rounder high), for a guy who's middle name could be changed to "Inconsistent".

Holland could probably better utilize that $4mil a season in the UFA market, and not have to cough up any assets.

Pass.

/End.

Holland doing anything on the UFA market is far from a sure thing. I highly doubt anything gets done this offseason but a few resignings. I expect Fil to be gone and Holland to spend all summer trying to trade Franzen and his horrible contract. If he couldn't get Suter and Parise, he's not going to get Perry. There aren't any really valuable defenseman on the market this summer, either. None in the mold of what we're looking for. Stafford could help now. Waiting for free agency guarantees that we continue backpeddling.

Holland doing anything on the UFA market is far from a sure thing. I highly doubt anything gets done this offseason but a few resignings. I expect Fil to be gone and Holland to spend all summer trying to trade Franzen and his horrible contract. If he couldn't get Suter and Parise, he's not going to get Perry. There aren't any really valuable defenseman on the market this summer, either. None in the mold of what we're looking for. Stafford could help now. Waiting for free agency guarantees that we continue backpeddling.

Cmon now, if you're going to come in here and talk trades, atleast know what you're talking about.

Parise and Suter not coming here had little to do with Holland. For the 142,454,746,346,534,866,345th time. PARISE WANTED TO PLAY IN MINNESOTA AND SUTER WANTED TO PLAY WITH PARISE. Seriously... and it'll have nothing to do with Hollands chances of signing Perry...

Holland didn't do "nothing" last summer. They may not all be the most popular additions, but on top of trying to add Parise and Suter, he signed 4 players.

Trade Franzen? Oh, I get it. An unrealistic NHL13 dream.

Try again.

Edited by DSM

Stafford is a good solid proven player at the NHL level. he only cost 4 million per year for the next 2. Guys in UFA at the same price will not score 25-30 goals. Guys that do will be in the 5.5 or more range. What would be the better use of money? perry at 8+ million for 40 goals or Stafford and say Dubinsky at the same price and more goals? The later makes us a deeper team. We need more than just 1 piece to be a good team agian. We need 3-5 more pieces. In that context picking up a stafford as one of those pieces makes a ton of sense.

I like Stafford, hes a good forward that could help us offensively and backchecks well. Heres the problem though, he makes $4 mill and has 2 yrs left on his contract. I don't see Holland going for a player with that length of a contract especially with Brunner due to hit pay day. But theres potential though if Holland has an idea of Franz or Bert not being with the team next year.

I think it's safe to say that Holland is not shooting for a forward at the deadline. If he does then its depth not a 1st-2nd line forward. He has 8 Million in cap space and we have no one on our roster who is tradable. Leopold would be a good pick up, he's a UFA coming up and he could audition for a spot on the roster for next season. He has developed into a two-way defenseman and I think it could work for us. Not a fan of Regehr however wouldn't complain if we got him.

Edited by HIFI_canadian

Cmon now, if you're going to come in here and talk trades, atleast know what you're talking about.

Parise and Suter not coming here had little to do with Holland. For the 142,454,746,346,534,866,345th time. PARISE WANTED TO PLAY IN MINNESOTA AND SUTER WANTED TO PLAY WITH PARISE. Seriously... and it'll have nothing to do with Hollands chances of signing Perry...

Holland didn't do "nothing" last summer. They may not all be the most popular additions, but on top of trying to add Parise and Suter, he signed 4 players.

Trade Franzen? Oh, I get it. An unrealistic NHL13 dream.

Try again.

Ok. You can pat Holland on the rump and tell him he's just the greatest thing ever if you want. Brunner and Tootoo have been pretty good. Samuelsson and Colaiacovo, true to form, have gotten injured. He should've known they were likely to get hurt beforehand. Gustavsson has been awful.

And if Holland is so great, where was the "plan B"? I'm still waiting for it.

Anyone who has confidence that Holland can make a big signing after last offseason is just living in the clouds. I certainly hope the brain trust isn't as resistant to making moves as some fans are.

Trading Franzen is an "unrealistic NHL 13 dream"? What? No, suggesting trading Miller and Eaves for Corey Perry is an "unrealistic NHL 13 dream". That statement just makes no sense whatsoever. There are plenty of teams with GM's dumb enough to take on Franzen's contract. He doesn't even deserve league minimum right now.

Plugging your ears, closing your eyes and telling yourself that everything's fine won't make the problem go away.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993