• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Stafford available.......

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Ok. You can pat Holland on the rump and tell him he's just the greatest thing ever if you want. Brunner and Tootoo have been pretty good. Samuelsson and Colaiacovo, true to form, have gotten injured. He should've known they were likely to get hurt beforehand. Gustavsson has been awful.

And if Holland is so great, where was the "plan B"? I'm still waiting for it.

Anyone who has confidence that Holland can make a big signing after last offseason is just living in the clouds. I certainly hope the brain trust isn't as resistant to making moves as some fans are.

Trading Franzen is an "unrealistic NHL 13 dream"? What? No, suggesting trading Miller and Eaves for Corey Perry is an "unrealistic NHL 13 dream". That statement just makes no sense whatsoever. There are plenty of teams with GM's dumb enough to take on Franzen's contract. He doesn't even deserve league minimum right now.

Plugging your ears, closing your eyes and telling yourself that everything's fine won't make the problem go away.

Yikes. What a litany of craziness.

Edited by Crymson

Yikes. What a litany of craziness.

x2.

I find it ironic that DetroitRedWings1993 wants so badly to dump Franzen but is all for acquiring Stafford, a player who is struggling mightily and has well documented issues with consistency ON TOP OF having a larger cap hit than Franzen. Funny stuff.

You're both happy with being stuck with Franzen and his infuriating play until he's 134?

THAT is a "litany of craziness".

I acknowledged that a move for Stafford could blow up. But is doing nothing when we obviously can't score consistently REALLY that much better? Please.

I wish I had both of your confidence in the situation. Maybe I'm just being hard-headed and a little harsh. But I don't see how we can go forward without exploring additions to this offense. And that means Stafford, too. At least Stafford doesn't play half his size.

Helm had a bad setback. He went from possibly coming back tomorrow night to who-knows-when. Bertuzzi is still gone for a long time. Samuelsson and Colaiacovo are out, and now Quincey is gone 4-6 weeks with fractures in his cheek.

Maybe Stafford isn't the answer. But with how our offense has performed, he or anything else is at least worth a shot. No GM bats 1.000.

Hell, bring Stafford in to push Abby back into the bottom-6 where he belongs.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993

I acknowledged that a move for Stafford could blow up. But is doing nothing when we obviously can't score consistently REALLY that much better? Please.

Hell, bring Stafford in to push Abby back into the bottom-6 where he belongs.

Right now, I'd much rather have Franzen than Stafford.

In a new age of overpayment in trades and signings, young player and draft picks are important as building from within is your cheapest option. Why waste them on a move that "could blow up"?

On your second point... Abdelkader has one less goal than Stafford this season....

x2.

I find it ironic that DetroitRedWings1993 wants so badly to dump Franzen but is all for acquiring Stafford, a player who is struggling mightily and has well documented issues with consistency ON TOP OF having a larger cap hit than Franzen. Funny stuff.

Stafford is 6 years younger, and his contract expires in 2 years. So in a worse case, he is gone. franzen will still be hitting our cap for SEVEN MORE YEARS!

Now can Stafford regain his 30 goal past? Good chance. he is playing hard on a bad team that is in disarry. Will franzen? I wouldn't hold my breath. he is at the age where players get worse not better. Stafford is on the other hand just entering what should be the prime of his career.

I can't see any more defensemen leaving town.

I doubt that. If Buffalo goes into selling mode, they will no longer be worried about icing a competitive team. They'll be more worried about getting assets for the future in return. If they're worried about not having enough Dmen, they'll have the team recieving Regehr throw in a depth guy, look for a team unloading an extra player (a la Commodore last season), try and pluck somebody from waivers, or give some young guys a chance in order to ice a full team.

Edited by DSM