• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#1 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

The Red Wings have recalled Gustav Nyquist from Grand Rapids and reassigned Tomas Tatar to the Griffins, GM Ken Holland said.

Per Khan.

#2 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

Per Khan

"@AnsarKhanMLive: The Red Wings have recalled Gustav Nyquist from Grand Rapids and reassigned Tomas Tatar to the Griffins, GM Ken Holland said."

#3 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

I ... don't get it. 

#4 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

Haha... Tatar must be pissed at the Wings, and with good reason. How in the world does he get sent down after how he's played??

#NOMOREKINDL

#5 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

Tatar got his tryout for a permanent spot next season & looks like he's locked one up.  I see this as Kenny telling Nyquist that it's his turn to try to do the same.  Can he do that playing on the 3rd line though?  I have my doubts he'll be in the top 6 given past history.

#6 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

This is absolutely crazy. How do they send this guy Down. Arguably the best forward for this team lately. I don't get it!

#7 xBflinker

xBflinker

Prospect

• 44 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

I get calling nyquist up finally, but why send tartar down?

#8 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

I am not someone who believes that tatar or Nyquist is our future. tatar has played well, but what we have seen is his max. That being said, he should still be here. Bringing up Nyquist is ok with me. Not sure why we would be switching them, with so many other stiffs on the team. The only way this makes sense is: trades. they are giving both a taste and have something in mind. One or both getting moved. Otherwise this makes no sense.

#9 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

Happy to see Nyquist but absurd that Tatar is going down. I understand that tartar struggles defensively. But this team can't score...

#10 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

This doesn’t make any sense.  So, Babs won’t break up the abysmal 2nd line to not mess with the chemistry of the 3rd line and yet sends the best guy on the 3rd line down for an unknown.  Awesome! 

Nyquist better end up with Dats or somewhere in the top six.

#11 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Add in the fact that Nyquist is not a shooter! he is a play maker/pass first guy.

#12 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

i get the lets see what Nyquist can do but i don't get the Tatar demotion.

Frustrating

My wish: A healthy roster

#13 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

This is absolutely crazy. How do they send this guy Down. Arguably the best forward for this team lately. I don't get it!

I still think it comes down to wanting to give Nyquist a look with the big club again to see what he can do.  That means either Tatar or Andersson had to get sent down.  You're simply swapping a LW for a LW instead of a center.  Really, I wouldn't be too shocked to see Andersson get sent back down soon in a swap for Ferraro or Sheahan.  It's all about giving some of the young guys a chance to start auditioning for a full-time spot next year a little early.  They've got an extended look at Tatar now, let's bring the next guy in line up to see what he can do.

#14 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

I am not someone who believes that tatar or Nyquist is our future. tatar has played well, but what we have seen is his max. That being said, he should still be here. Bringing up Nyquist is ok with me. Not sure why we would be switching them, with so many other stiffs on the team. The only way this makes sense is: trades. they are giving both a taste and have something in mind. One or both getting moved. Otherwise this makes no sense.

I'm not trying to pick on you but I think it's a little early to be saying the Tatar that we see now, which has been flying and high skilled, is the max we will get out of a 20 year old. I think another year or two in the NHL he could be an ennis type... Small, fast and skilled.

On another look at things... Do you think there is anyway that we are doing this to one take another look at Nyquist but on second hand show case him for trades. Everyone knows our current log jam at forward and Tatar and Nyquist in the AHL deserving NHL spots, plus jarnkrok coming straight over to the NHL has been a topic for a bit
Maybe this is strictly a move to increase his value???

#15 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

I'm not trying to pick on you but I think it's a little early to be saying the Tatar that we see now, which has been flying and high skilled, is the max we will get out of a 20 year old. I think another year or two in the NHL he could be an ennis type... Small, fast and skilled.

On another look at things... Do you think there is anyway that we are doing this to one take another look at Nyquist but on second hand show case him for trades. Everyone knows our current log jam at forward and Tatar and Nyquist in the AHL deserving NHL spots, plus jarnkrok coming straight over to the NHL has been a topic for a bit
Maybe this is strictly a move to increase his value???

As I mentioned above, I'm hoping it's more of a try-out for earning a full-time spot next season with the Wings parting ways with some forwards via free agency (Cleary, Miller), buy outs (Sammy), & maybe trade/UFA (Filppula).

#16 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

Good move Kenny.

This will give Tatar time to overripe.   :clap:

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#17 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

I think that they are getting these guys some time to show their value in the big league. Gearing up for a trade.

But I agree, i believe Tatar will be up with the big boys next year. love what hes doing so far.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#18 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Holland said they would like to recall Nyquist from the Grand Rapids Griffins at some point this season. Tomas Tatar and Joakim Andersson have played well since being recalled, boosting their depth.

We knew Holland wanted to call-up Nyquist, but at the expense of Tatar is rough. I may be in the minority here, but ever since he got RAILED like a week ago or something, he just hasn't looked the same to me. He can still hold on to the puck, and make a decent play, but I think his play overall went down, or started to decline after that huge hit. I wish I remembered who landed it.... I think we simply had to move Tatar back to GR because of our roster space. Tatar is a winger who is easier to move than Andersson who is centering. We need our centers more than our wingers right now.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#19 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Up is down. Black is white.

This coaching staff with its lineup is so incredibly backwards.

#20 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Love/hate move for me as well. Would make more sense to send Andersson down, move Abby to 3rd line C and put Nyquist with Tatar.

But Babcock doesn't seem very fond of Tatar, while he has praised Andersson... so I guess it's no suprise.

The more I think about the worse this is. Tatar has really been one of our best and most consistant players since he came up. If Nyquist can be as good we still haven't IMPROVED which is what we should be looking to do.