• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jeff48109

Nyquist called up, Tatar sent down

Rate this topic

Tatar got his tryout for a permanent spot next season & looks like he's locked one up. I see this as Kenny telling Nyquist that it's his turn to try to do the same. Can he do that playing on the 3rd line though? I have my doubts he'll be in the top 6 given past history.

I am not someone who believes that tatar or Nyquist is our future. tatar has played well, but what we have seen is his max. That being said, he should still be here. Bringing up Nyquist is ok with me. Not sure why we would be switching them, with so many other stiffs on the team. The only way this makes sense is: trades. they are giving both a taste and have something in mind. One or both getting moved. Otherwise this makes no sense.

This doesn’t make any sense. So, Babs won’t break up the abysmal 2nd line to not mess with the chemistry of the 3rd line and yet sends the best guy on the 3rd line down for an unknown. Awesome!

Nyquist better end up with Dats or somewhere in the top six.

This is absolutely crazy. How do they send this guy Down. Arguably the best forward for this team lately. I don't get it!

I still think it comes down to wanting to give Nyquist a look with the big club again to see what he can do. That means either Tatar or Andersson had to get sent down. You're simply swapping a LW for a LW instead of a center. Really, I wouldn't be too shocked to see Andersson get sent back down soon in a swap for Ferraro or Sheahan. It's all about giving some of the young guys a chance to start auditioning for a full-time spot next year a little early. They've got an extended look at Tatar now, let's bring the next guy in line up to see what he can do.

I am not someone who believes that tatar or Nyquist is our future. tatar has played well, but what we have seen is his max. That being said, he should still be here. Bringing up Nyquist is ok with me. Not sure why we would be switching them, with so many other stiffs on the team. The only way this makes sense is: trades. they are giving both a taste and have something in mind. One or both getting moved. Otherwise this makes no sense.

I'm not trying to pick on you but I think it's a little early to be saying the Tatar that we see now, which has been flying and high skilled, is the max we will get out of a 20 year old. I think another year or two in the NHL he could be an ennis type... Small, fast and skilled.

On another look at things... Do you think there is anyway that we are doing this to one take another look at Nyquist but on second hand show case him for trades. Everyone knows our current log jam at forward and Tatar and Nyquist in the AHL deserving NHL spots, plus jarnkrok coming straight over to the NHL has been a topic for a bit

Maybe this is strictly a move to increase his value???

I'm not trying to pick on you but I think it's a little early to be saying the Tatar that we see now, which has been flying and high skilled, is the max we will get out of a 20 year old. I think another year or two in the NHL he could be an ennis type... Small, fast and skilled.

On another look at things... Do you think there is anyway that we are doing this to one take another look at Nyquist but on second hand show case him for trades. Everyone knows our current log jam at forward and Tatar and Nyquist in the AHL deserving NHL spots, plus jarnkrok coming straight over to the NHL has been a topic for a bit

Maybe this is strictly a move to increase his value???

As I mentioned above, I'm hoping it's more of a try-out for earning a full-time spot next season with the Wings parting ways with some forwards via free agency (Cleary, Miller), buy outs (Sammy), & maybe trade/UFA (Filppula).

I think that they are getting these guys some time to show their value in the big league. Gearing up for a trade.

But I agree, i believe Tatar will be up with the big boys next year. love what hes doing so far.

Holland said they would like to recall Nyquist from the Grand Rapids Griffins at some point this season. Tomas Tatar and Joakim Andersson have played well since being recalled, boosting their depth.

We knew Holland wanted to call-up Nyquist, but at the expense of Tatar is rough. I may be in the minority here, but ever since he got RAILED like a week ago or something, he just hasn't looked the same to me. He can still hold on to the puck, and make a decent play, but I think his play overall went down, or started to decline after that huge hit. I wish I remembered who landed it.... I think we simply had to move Tatar back to GR because of our roster space. Tatar is a winger who is easier to move than Andersson who is centering. We need our centers more than our wingers right now.

Love/hate move for me as well. Would make more sense to send Andersson down, move Abby to 3rd line C and put Nyquist with Tatar.

But Babcock doesn't seem very fond of Tatar, while he has praised Andersson... so I guess it's no suprise.

The more I think about the worse this is. Tatar has really been one of our best and most consistant players since he came up. If Nyquist can be as good we still haven't IMPROVED which is what we should be looking to do.

I think that they are getting these guys some time to show their value in the big league. Gearing up for a trade.

But I agree, i believe Tatar will be up with the big boys next year. love what hes doing so far.

My intention is NOT to attack you here, but next year is now.

This move would make sense if we were the Blackhawks or Penguins where we don't need wins in a hurry. Moving Tatar down while keeping those other two sacks of s*** in the lineup makes us worse.

Tatar and his defensive struggles.....spare me.

DAN CLEARY CANNOT SKATE ANYMORE. How does that NOT make him a defensive liability?

I think the fact that Babcock shuffled the lines so drmatically against CBJ means we may actually see Nyquist in the top 6. Although Tatar has been great in his call up the last couple of games I felt he really didn't take care of the puck as well as he could have. I think that plays into Babcock's reluctance to put Tatar on Pav's line. Either way, I think Tatar played his way onto this team and it's just a matter of time until he is a permanent fixture. Here's hoping Nuqist excels too.

Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Brunner

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Cleary - Andersson - Eaves

Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Seems a bit silly but this must mean Filppula is ready for Wednesday. Add Filppula to Datsyuk's wing in place of Cleary or Abdelkader (although Babcock likes anchoring Datsyuk with Abs because he's big and strong which apparently means he might fill Holmstrom's role some day). Holland's said they don't want to bring Nyquist up without a top 6 spot to put him (see: Datsyuk's wing) which means someone on the 3rd line has to get slotted farther down.

They'll bring Tatar back up from GR soon enough-- they just don't want to have to put someone on waivers right now and Tomas is still exempt.

Yeah you usually see a prospect's max in their first NHL action... :rolleyes:

Don't. Get. It.

Tatar should not be moving down to GR, unless there is some sort of locker room issue which we haven't heard about. Its about time with Nyquist...let the kid sink or swim at this point.