• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jeff48109

Nyquist called up, Tatar sent down

Rate this topic

Looks like Flip will be back against Calgary & Nyquist will be in the top 6. Seeing mentions of Flip-Z-Brunner and Mule-Pavs-Gus.

I like those possibilities especially with Gus on Pash's line. The less minutes Danny and Abs get the better imo. They have really been a deadass paperweight on a top 6 line.

While bringing up Nyquist is great news, sending down Tatar sucks.

Babcock better put Nyquist into the top 6 and I also think its time that Eaves gets a game up there.

These are the lines I would start the game with.

Nyquist- Zetterberg - Brunner

Franzen - Datsyuk - Eaves

Cleary - Andersson - Abdelkdaer

Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Thoughts?

EDIT: Just heard that Filppula might be back for Wednesday and that they are practising with these lines:

Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Abdelkader - Andersson - Cleary

Eaves

That top 6 looks not bad at all.

That's retarded. That third line is going to be sluggish and not really a workload for other teams. Andersson and Abby can make some space, but who's gonna work it? Clears? Second line looks awesome if Mule actually works tonight. Pasha and Nyquist will be good together. First line was working really good, but in reality i'd like to see Mule pushed back with the first line and Filp working with Pasha and Nyquist, although that line may be too soft.

I am not someone who believes that tatar or Nyquist is our future. tatar has played well, but what we have seen is his max. That being said, he should still be here. Bringing up Nyquist is ok with me. Not sure why we would be switching them, with so many other stiffs on the team. The only way this makes sense is: trades. they are giving both a taste and have something in mind. One or both getting moved. Otherwise this makes no sense.

Huh? Nyquist leads the entire AHL in points, but you think that he is not the future. THAT is what makes no sense.

That's retarded. That third line is going to be sluggish and not really a workload for other teams. Andersson and Abby can make some space, but who's gonna work it? Clears? Second line looks awesome if Mule actually works tonight. Pasha and Nyquist will be good together. First line was working really good, but in reality i'd like to see Mule pushed back with the first line and Filp working with Pasha and Nyquist, although that line may be too soft.

That line would be quite soft but this rapid decline in Cleary's usefulness and Abby's well, outright uselessness is killing the flow of what the lines could be. Tatar should have been spared truthfully even with how good Andersson has played. We need the skill of getting the puck to the net and in the net at this point and Tarts was one of the few getting that done. While I feel this isn't permanent, just would like to see some more balance throughout. Just not sure where it comes from.

Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Abdelkader - Andersson - Cleary

Eaves

That top 6 looks not bad at all.

how long before Nyquist gets bumped down a line and Cleary gets moved up with Dats?

Over/Under 5 shifts

Cleary and Abby both need to go. too slow and no skill. The Wings have way better options. Holland has some cuts to make and he needs to do it.

With Helm coming back shortly (I hope) and Flip back on Wednesday there will be some healthy scratches regardless. Oh, and Sammy too I guess....

how long before Nyquist gets bumped down a line and Cleary gets moved up with Dats?

Over/Under 5 shifts

If he's in the same house as Tatar, maybe a full 30 second shift. Babcock has something with Tatar...

wow....what the #CK does a dude have to do to stay on this team? Tatar has been much more than anyone anticipated and yet he gets yanked. I dont care if its to see what Gus can do...he has played a way onto the team and has been better than at least half the roster. Its completely idiotic

I personally believe this is more of a move to bring nyquist into the top 6 cause he is better defensively and drop cleary/abby down to the 3/4 line

I like having Gus here again but they could have easily brought Tatar up to top 6 the way he has played. Definitely more behind this than just a clean swap. We will see.

I like having Gus here again but they could have easily brought Tatar up to top 6 the way he has played. Definitely more behind this than just a clean swap. We will see.

With Helm, Flip, and Sammy returning shortly he will have to be sent down anyways, they probably want someone responsible defensively playing alongside datsyuk until flip and sammy come back, because helm will be back soon too and centering the third line again, and then cleary will be on his wing unfortunately

I don't really like this and I'm a huge Nyquist guy. Tatar provides the offensive we've been sorely lacking. Fact is with this move Holland/Babcck are not putting the best players on the team. I hope it's just a short term move, before a bigger move, but preemptive tips of the hand don't happen like that. Puzzling, but I hope this is just a move to see who they are going to waive when Sammy/Filp/Bert and Helm get back.

Holland also is hesitant to bring up Nyquist unless he plays on a top-two line. http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_need_to_rediscover_s.html

So it appears Holland feels the same way as a lot of you guys. It looks like he will probably be playing in the top 6. I think he will help, and having Filpula back will be huge as well.

As for sending down Tatar... so what? He played good up here when given the chance. He proved that he is a solid offensive guy. But the way the roster works, they have to send him down. It makes complete sense when you think about it. Why would they cut an extra forward to make room for a guy who can be retained in GR when new injuries are bound to happen?

LOL @ Babcock and Holland.

f*** you guys, seriously. I hope they are both fired before the next season starts. Incompetent fools.

Just because they sent down Tatar? Seriously? haha, talk about an overreaction.

Edited by cupforwings

LOL @ Babcock and Holland.

f*** you guys, seriously. I hope they are both fired before the next season starts. Incompetent fools.

Yes, fire the man who managed to keep us playoff contenders when kenny was unable to secure a top pairing dman, or a power forward... I don't like the cleary-pasha-abby line, but you have to admit babs has done a good job coaching our young roster

Should be keeping Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson in the lineup.

Franzen, Datsyuk, Nyquist

Zetterberg, Fillpula, Brunner

Tatar, Helm, Eaves

Tootoo, Andersson, Miller

Abdelkader

That should be our lines. Speed down the middle, and scoring on the wing. The only thing they lack is size and hard physical play on the top 2 lines. in 82 games your top 2 lines should be responsible for at least 120 goals. Bottom lines should be responsible for at least 40 goals and somewhere around an even plus minus. The defense, goalie, and heart of the forward lines should be responsible for wins.

I definitely LOL'd when I read that.

I would LOVE to have Cleary claimed off waivers!

What risk? Losing Cleary or Abby wouldn't hurt this team.

Those guys are just plugs.

You guys are misinterpreted what I wrote...despite the fact you or I would rather ditch Cleary (or Abs) to another team as opposed to sending Tatar down is irrelevent. The Wings just wouldn't do that. Knowing that, sending Tatar down was the move that made sense.