• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jeff48109

Nyquist called up, Tatar sent down

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

So it appears Holland feels the same way as a lot of you guys. It looks like he will probably be playing in the top 6. I think he will help, and having Filpula back will be huge as well.

As for sending down Tatar... so what? He played good up here when given the chance. He proved that he is a solid offensive guy. But the way the roster works, they have to send him down. It makes complete sense when you think about it. Why would they cut an extra forward to make room for a guy who can be retained in GR when new injuries are bound to happen?

Just because they sent down Tatar? Seriously? haha, talk about an overreaction.

A team that doesn't play it's best players won't do as good as they would if they did and Tatar has been one of our best

Should be keeping Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson in the lineup.

Franzen, Datsyuk, Nyquist

Zetterberg, Fillpula, Brunner

Tatar, Helm, Eaves

Tootoo, Andersson, Miller

Abdelkader

That should be our lines. Speed down the middle, and scoring on the wing. The only thing they lack is size and hard physical play on the top 2 lines. in 82 games your top 2 lines should be responsible for at least 120 goals. Bottom lines should be responsible for at least 40 goals and somewhere around an even plus minus. The defense, goalie, and heart of the forward lines should be responsible for wins.

Andersson does not have speed, and Zetterberg is a much better center then flip is, so I would keep Z at center and flip on the wing. and those top two lines can easily produce 120+ goals

Should be keeping Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson in the lineup.

Franzen, Datsyuk, Nyquist

Zetterberg, Fillpula, Brunner

Tatar, Helm, Eaves

Tootoo, Andersson, Miller

Abdelkader

That should be our lines. Speed down the middle, and scoring on the wing. The only thing they lack is size and hard physical play on the top 2 lines. in 82 games your top 2 lines should be responsible for at least 120 goals. Bottom lines should be responsible for at least 40 goals and somewhere around an even plus minus. The defense, goalie, and heart of the forward lines should be responsible for wins.

No. Your top 2 lines should score 180+ goals. If they only get 120, you are going to be LUCKY to score 200 goals in a season. Less than 3 goals per game. that equals sub .500 record.

You guys are so butthurt it's uncanny, all you had to do is read the article to find the reasoning;

The Red Wings like the spark Tomas Tatar (four goals in 18 games) has provided and the dimension brought by Joakim Andersson (size, checking, penalty killing). They hesitate to put too many rookies in the lineup, especially those that lack size.

Holland also is hesitant to bring up Nyquist unless he plays on a top-two line. Coach Mike Babcock has used Justin Abdelkader on Pavel Datsyuk's line. Abdelkader isn't providing offense, but Babcock prefers to have a bigger body and better defensive player there, as opposed to Tatar.

Guest Johnz96

You guys are so butthurt it's uncanny, all you had to do is read the article to find the reasoning;

I guess Babcock prefers a team that loses more often.

Despite being smaller and less experienced,Tatar is better defensively than Abdelkader

No. Your top 2 lines should score 180+ goals. If they only get 120, you are going to be LUCKY to score 200 goals in a season. Less than 3 goals per game. that equals sub .500 record.

2011-2012, 2.92 g/g = 239 goals scored over the season. now lets look at our top two lines last year

Zetterberg 22

Franzen 29

Datsyuk 19

Filppula 23

Hudler 25

Bertuzzi 14

that brings the grand total to *drum roll*

~ 132

So your point about being sub .500 if your top two lines don't score 180 goals is ridiculous, considering our top two lines got 132 goals and we were 7th in the league in scoring, and 9th overall in the league in points with 102, with a point % of .662, not sub .500

Guest Johnz96

2011-2012, 2.92 g/g = 239 goals scored over the season. now lets look at our top two lines last year

Zetterberg 22

Franzen 29

Datsyuk 19

Filppula 23

Hudler 25

Bertuzzi 14

~ 132

So your point about being sub .500 if your top two lines don't score 180 goals is ridiculous, considering our top two lines got 132 goals and we were 7th in the league in scoring, and 9th overall in the league in points with 102, with a point % of .662, not sub .500

Lol.

LA only scored 188 goals in total last year and went on to win the Cup.

I don't think any top 2 lines scored 180 goals

Despite being smaller and less experienced,Tatar is better defensively than Abdelkader

You need a group of young and old. Talent and role players. You can't keep injecting youth into your system prospect wise and hope for the best. Franchises have tried it, and failed. Look at Edmonton; they have some of the most talented youngsters around, but it doesn't matter because they have no EXPERIENCE. You need veterans to fall back on. In this day and age of NHL hockey, you need speed and size, size being VERY important. Look at all the bigger teams that simply man handle our forecheck simply because of their size compared to ours? We can't even break a box. Tatar is better than Abby defensively? Well besides that being a strong statement, we're looking for offense right now, not defense. So I guess you also agree with Babcock's move.

Have you watched the past two games? I suggest you do and watch only Tatar and Abby the entire game. Tatar has been too weak on the puck the past two games, and he needs to improve his positioning away from the puck. I don't think Babcock is wrong here in saying that Tatar needs to work on his defensive game before he can be used against other top-6 players like Toews, Kane, Thornton, etc.

Tatar is a good offensive talent that will improve defensively with time. I would have preferred Andersson be sent down and Tatar kept since Helm should return soon. IMO Andersson needs to work on his giveaways and he needs to be more physical. I think he is more talented than Emmerton, but he needs to bring more energy before he overtakes Emmerton on the depth chart.

Have you watched the past two games? I suggest you do and watch only Tatar and Abby the entire game. Tatar has been too weak on the puck the past two games, and he needs to improve his positioning away from the puck. I don't think Babcock is wrong here in saying that Tatar needs to work on his defensive game before he can be used against other top-6 players like Toews, Kane, Thornton, etc.

Tatar is a good offensive talent that will improve defensively with time. I would have preferred Andersson be sent down and Tatar kept since Helm should return soon. IMO Andersson needs to work on his giveaways and he needs to be more physical. I think he is more talented than Emmerton, but he needs to bring more energy before he overtakes Emmerton on the depth chart.

i think emmerton will be scratched before andersson, so helm will center the third line while andersson centers the 4th

Nyquist gets to play with Datsyuk and Franzen from the jump which is good too bad Tatar wasn't given that opportunity

The sad part is, Tatar may have done it to himself, and part fault the franchise. Nyquist failed HARD working with the bottom 6 last season, but did produce while with the top 6. They know Nyquist can't excel at the bottom 6 level, and he needs the support in the top 6 to make him worthy. Tatar has shown that he can run with other teams 3rd/4th lines, and produce while doing so. Tatar also had to make this showing his best, because otherwise, he would be most likely dealt without a second look back. Iffy situation, but workings of different people.

Zetterberg 22

Franzen 29

Datsyuk 19

Filppula 23

Hudler 25

Bertuzzi 14

~ 132

Drum roll....... WE GOT BEAT IN THE FIRST ROUND BECAUSE,........... WE COULDN'T SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most of those guys are in fact the problem. we don't score enough to win. Period. End of Story.

We also had great scoring form our D the last 20 years. BTW here are the teams that scored fewer than 200 goals last year: Flames, Avs, BJ's, Panthers, isles, Kings, and Wild. Kings of course are the exception to every rule.

Edited by Richdg

Drum roll....... WE GOT BEAT IN THE FIRST ROUND BECAUSE,........... WE COULDN'T SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most of those guys are in fact the problem. we don't score enough to win. Period. End of Story.

lol, it's funny how when you are wrong, you don't admit to it, you try to change the argument so as to make it seem like you were right the whole time. Your argument had nothing to do with playoffs, it had to do with the fact that if our top 2 lines do not score 180 goals we will have a .500 record, I proved you wrong and you jump to the playoffs? Let's look at LA then, as John pointed out they only scored 188 goals last season, which was 2.29 g/g, yet they won the stanley cup, they couldn't score all year long, but they managed to win the cup after getting a "sub .500" record

unfortunetly i have a feeling nyquist is gonna get traded and this is just an audition who knows with detroit they might even throw in tatar at this point because unless your a bonafied star you got no place here

we rather have older injury prone guys like bertuzzi samuelsson cleary playing than young kids with great potential ... wed rather put two 3rd-4th liners not producing with datsyuk instead of putting tatar and andersson with datsyuk

i wouldnt be surprised anymore if we traded nyquist tatar and 1st for iginla at this point

Is Nyquist really that much better than Tatar defensively?

I wouldn't say he's out of this world better, but I do find him to be the better defensive player between the two. I think when it comes down to it, they're looking at the point leader in the AHL. Someone who has been producing and playing well, who needs to provide the spark. Tatar came up, and provided that spark. Now, we need Nyquist to do the same thing and start that same spark. They're simply hoping for more offense from Nyquist than Tatar has been providing recently.

Is Nyquist really that much better than Tatar defensively?

yes

@RedWingsFeed: Valtteri Filppula's return to Detroit Red Wings lineup made rookie Tomas Tatar... http://t.co/RRFGCS6Jpj via @RedWingsMLive #NHL #RedWings

As bummed as I am that Tots got sent down, Flip-Z-Brunns and Mule-Pav-Gus is a MUCH more palatable top 6...

Aww, I'm gonna miss that line of cleary-datsyuk-abby...

:hysterical:

His return made Tatar expendable despite being him the Red Wings' top rookie scorer with four goals and seven points.
"I think Filppula is back in so suddenly there's no power-play time for Tatar," coach Mike Babcock said. "You got to give Tats a ton of credit. He came up for one game ... and he earned himself 17 games. We'll give Gus an opportunity and see what he can earn himself.
"I thought (Tatar) played really good. I thought he did good things. The only thing is suddenly if you're not on the power play, where's he getting his touches? Because Filppula is going to do that. We don't perceive him ahead of Fil.
"Any way you look at it, that's less ice time for him and less opportunity. So we made that flip. (Nyquist) is getting an opportunity. We have an extra forward now. We need to take an extra forward on the trip. We'll see what happens."

Seems like Babcock was looking out for Tatar more than hurting him.