• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#41 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

What risk?  Losing Cleary or Abby wouldn't hurt this team.  

Those guys are just plugs.

I disagreed momentarily on Abdelkader, then I remembered that we signed him for 4 years with an AAC of $1.8 million.  Gulp.  Anyone care to argue that this team isn't at least the same or instantly better dropping Andersson or Tatar into Abdelkader's minutes?

No wonder it was like banging my head against a wall trying to talk bad about Tootoo's contract, Abdelkader's deal makes Tootoo look right a downright "bargain"!

#42 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

I hope Holland at least had the decency to tell Tatar "It's not you, it's me" before breaking up with him.

#43 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

I disagreed momentarily on Abdelkader, then I remembered that we signed him for 4 years with an AAC of $1.8 million.  Gulp.  Anyone care to argue that this team isn't at least the same or instantly better dropping Andersson or Tatar into Abdelkader's minutes?

No wonder it was like banging my head against a wall trying to talk bad about Tootoo's contract, Abdelkader's deal makes Tootoo look right a downright "bargain"!

Even though I think he has sucked, Abdelkader has sucked while being put into a role in which he just does not belong.

He was signed to be a physical bottom 6 guy. He does not and never will have top 6 skill. Babcock has done him no favors and has turned virtually this whole fanbase against Abdelkader. No win situation for Abby.

#44 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Our prospects have to hate this organization sometimes.

Tatar plays very well and gets sent down. Cleary and Abdelkader do nothing and get big minutes with Pavel Datsyuk.

Edited by GoWings1905, 12 March 2013 - 11:09 AM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#45 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

Our prospects have to hate this organization sometimes.

Tatar plays very well and gets sent down. Cleary and Abdelkader do nothing and get big minutes with Pavel Datsyuk.

We have zero idea how the conversation or things go in the office or front office. Tatar easily could've gotten the best explanation, has no hard feelings, and can't wait to get back to the show. We as fans, always have the luxury of looking in from the outside, which we just make up our own assumptions which 75% of the time, they're negative and unwarranted. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#46 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

No GM in their right mind would claim Cleary.

So maybe Mr. Snow? 

Burke.gif

#47 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

My guess would be this move has to do with making room for Helm and Flip coming back soon. Outside of that...  :eh:

Edited by HankthaTank, 12 March 2013 - 11:19 AM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#48 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

I was a little upset seeing Tatar get sent down until I saw it was for Nyq. Now I'm conflicted.. Hopefully they put nyq up in the top 6.

Tatar does seem to accept it tho.. I'm sure he'll be up again soon.

@Trto90: I just have been send down.Will miss great fans. thanks for everything and unreal support #wings #greatFans heading back to GR #peskyGriffs

Edited by amato, 12 March 2013 - 11:20 AM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#49 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

While bringing up Nyquist is great news, sending down Tatar sucks.

Babcock better put Nyquist into the top 6 and I also think its time that Eaves gets a game up there.

These are the lines I would start the game with.

Nyquist- Zetterberg - Brunner
Franzen - Datsyuk - Eaves
Cleary - Andersson - Abdelkdaer
Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Thoughts?

EDIT: Just heard that Filppula might be back for Wednesday and that they are practising with these lines:

Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Abdelkader - Andersson - Cleary

Eaves 

That top 6 looks not bad at all.

Edited by robb himself, 12 March 2013 - 11:25 AM.

be about it!

#50 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

Looks like Flip will be back against Calgary & Nyquist will be in the top 6.  Seeing mentions of Flip-Z-Brunner and Mule-Pavs-Gus.

#51 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

are u kidding me? that pisses me off. tatar has been my favorite player to watch this year that isnt name pavel. i was expecting him to get bumped up to a top line soon.

#52 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

I hope Holland at least had the decency to tell Tatar "It's not you, it's me" before breaking up with him.

LOL.

I've heard that one before.  No, it doesn't make one feel better.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#53 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Looks like Flip will be back against Calgary & Nyquist will be in the top 6.  Seeing mentions of Flip-Z-Brunner and Mule-Pavs-Gus.

Love it! Hope they play like they should.. That's a great top 6 IMO

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#54 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

I like those possibilities especially with Gus on Pash's line. The less minutes Danny and Abs get the better imo. They have really been a deadass paperweight on a top 6 line.

#55 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

While bringing up Nyquist is great news, sending down Tatar sucks.

Babcock better put Nyquist into the top 6 and I also think its time that Eaves gets a game up there.

These are the lines I would start the game with.

Nyquist- Zetterberg - Brunner
Franzen - Datsyuk - Eaves
Cleary - Andersson - Abdelkdaer

Thoughts?

EDIT: Just heard that Filppula might be back for Wednesday and that they are practising with these lines:

Eaves 

That's retarded. That third line is going to be sluggish and not really a workload for other teams. Andersson and Abby can make some space, but who's gonna work it? Clears? Second line looks awesome if Mule actually works tonight. Pasha and Nyquist will be good together. First line was working really good, but in reality i'd like to see Mule pushed back with the first line and Filp working with Pasha and Nyquist, although that line may be too soft. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#56 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

I am not someone who believes that tatar or Nyquist is our future. tatar has played well, but what we have seen is his max. That being said, he should still be here. Bringing up Nyquist is ok with me. Not sure why we would be switching them, with so many other stiffs on the team. The only way this makes sense is: trades. they are giving both a taste and have something in mind. One or both getting moved. Otherwise this makes no sense.

Huh?  Nyquist leads the entire AHL in points, but you think that he is not the future.  THAT is what makes no sense.

Do or do not. There is no try

#57 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Tatar busts his ass and gets sent down. 

#58 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

That's retarded. That third line is going to be sluggish and not really a workload for other teams. Andersson and Abby can make some space, but who's gonna work it? Clears? Second line looks awesome if Mule actually works tonight. Pasha and Nyquist will be good together. First line was working really good, but in reality i'd like to see Mule pushed back with the first line and Filp working with Pasha and Nyquist, although that line may be too soft. 

That line would be quite soft but this rapid decline in Cleary's usefulness and Abby's well, outright uselessness is killing the flow of what the lines could be. Tatar should have been spared truthfully even with how good Andersson has played. We need the skill of getting the puck to the net and in the net at this point and Tarts was one of the few getting that done. While I feel this isn't permanent, just would like to see some more balance throughout. Just not sure where it comes from.

#59 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Cleary and Abby both need to go. too slow and no skill. The Wings have way better options. Holland has some cuts to make and he needs to do it.

#60 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Eaves 

how long before Nyquist gets bumped down a line and Cleary gets moved up with Dats?

Over/Under 5 shifts