• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

4 Forwards that are/may be available, that help us:

Rate this topic

Ok here are 4 guys that have been rumored to be available/could be available, that fill needs for us:

Drew Stafford 27, RW, 6-2/215, 2 years left on contract, good 2 way player, good for 25 goals per year. 4 million cap hit.

Nikolai Kulemin 26, LW, 6-1/225, 1 year left on contract, very good defensive player, when played on scoring lines he has scored 30 goals in a season, 2.8 million cap hit.

Brandon Dubinsky 26, LW/C, 6-1/210, 2 years left, gritty 20+ goal per year guy, 4.2 million cap hit.

Patric Hornqvist, 26, RW, 5-11/190, RFA this year, true front of net player, good for 25+ goals per year. current cap hit is 3.1 million.

Now the first 3 have all been mentioned in various rumors. Hornqvist may be a cap move. the preds have a bunch of holes to fill this off season. All of these guys are good solid, young, hard working players that would help us a ton. These 4, plus datsyuk, Z, Brunner, and franzen, gives us 3 solid lines that can score. These 4 would add 100 goals in scoring per season, for around 16 million.

While thye may not be true homerun tranactions, we would get a bunch of doubles. Also have great depth once again. The trick of course is the how? Filppula in a sign and trade, tatar, Nyquist, Andersson, and some picks would all be in play no doubt. But all 4 are young enough we could expect them to be around for another 5-7 years. making each of them 31-34 years old depending on length of contracts. Not terrible at all.

Stafford of course would be the best option and Holland has a strong relationship with Regier. I wouldn't mind Kulemin as well, seeing if he'd form good chemistry with Datsyuk. I like the idea of Dubinsky, but only if we replaced Abdelkader with him. Not like Hornqvist due to his lack of size.

all of our offence is derived from the D. if we cant get out of the zone clean, with speed, we cant enter and establish.

the primary need of this team is puck handling defenseman.

streit and visnovfsky come to mind.

although, im not against stafford...we have enough of the muckers, and passers down low.

we need snipers too.

rumors are that fleishmann is in play out of florida. (fleishmann-datsyuk-brunner line) WOW.

hornquist would be good as well, but nashville is in that " central division hate" for the wings = no trade.

kenny knows that next year we have a whole new set of teams that will hate us...lets shop there now!

acquire weiss in the off season!

If we can get all 4, yes do it. Now I am talking between now and the start of next season. Remember we are heading to the east-much bigger and more physical teams. We need to get bigger all around. A team full of 5-10/180 forwards will get creamed over the course of a season.

Hornqvist is the one guy that there are no current rumors about. But the Preds have roster/cap issues. yes they have 15 million to spend, but they also only have 14 or 15 guys on their roster for next year. can they afford to spend 4 million on Hornqvist and still field a team? Not much room for improvement if they do. with us leaving their division, it will open up the chance for trades.

I willtry to do the capgeek forward lines/salary thing later.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS
Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Damien Brunner ($3.000m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Patric Hornqvist ($3.500m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Brandon Dubinsky ($4.200m) / Drew Stafford ($4.000m)
Riley Sheahan ($0.900m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Brendan Smith ($1.000m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.050m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)
Kent Huskins ($1.000m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($4.500m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m)
Buyout: Todd Bertuzzi ($0.000m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (0.039% of upper limit)
Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.025m—1.0%)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,271,212; BONUSES: $160,000
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $188,788

The other move I would try to do is to flip Quincey for a cheaper RH shooting Dman. Weber with the Habs comes to mind. Fayne with the devils is another.

after the 2013/14 season, we only have a couple of UFA's: datsyuk, Ericsson, eaves, and maybe Gus? Most of which we can fill internally.

Dubinsky is hurt. Close to returning I think though. I guess I don't understand why the BJs would trade Nash for him then turn around and let him go too.

So is Hornqvist atm. Both will be back soon. The BJ's are rumored to be trying to dump all their big salaries. Dubinsky, Umberger, etc.... are all rumored to be on the block.

Edited by Richdg

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Damien Brunner ($3.000m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Patric Hornqvist ($3.500m)

Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Brandon Dubinsky ($4.200m) / Drew Stafford ($4.000m)

Riley Sheahan ($0.900m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($1.000m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.050m)

Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)

Kent Huskins ($1.000m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($4.500m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

OTHER

Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m)

Buyout: Todd Bertuzzi ($0.000m)

RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (0.039% of upper limit)

Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.025m—1.0%)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,271,212; BONUSES: $160,000

CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $188,788

The other move I would try to do is to flip Quincey for a cheaper RH shooting Dman. Weber with the Habs comes to mind. Fayne with the devils is another.

after the 2013/14 season, we only have a couple of UFA's: datsyuk, Ericsson, eaves, and maybe Gus? Most of which we can fill internally.

So is Hornqvist atm. Both will be back soon. The BJ's are rumored to be trying to dump all their big salaries. Dubinsky, Umberger, etc.... are all rumored to be on the block.

That is great, now how do you propose we get all 4 of them, let alone keep them in our lineup at the end of this year/next year when their contracts are up and demand raises?

That is great, now how do you propose we get all 4 of them, let alone keep them in our lineup at the end of this year/next year when their contracts are up and demand raises?

How is the trick, I said that. Also none of them is a UFA for a year or 2, when we have more money available.

Pretty much Stafford. Kulemin is a less skilled Filppula.

not true at all. he is bigger, younger, stronger, and has already scored 30 goals in a season, something Filppula has never done. he is also cheaper on the cap. 2.8 million vs 3 million and Fil will get 4.5 to 5 this off season.Kulemin has 1 more year left on his contract.

How is the trick, I said that. Also none of them is a UFA for a year or 2, when we have more money available.

not true at all. he is bigger, younger, stronger, and has already scored 30 goals in a season, something Filppula has never done. he is also cheaper on the cap. 2.8 million vs 3 million and Fil will get 4.5 to 5 this off season.Kulemin has 1 more year left on his contract.

Right without giving up half of our talent, we won't be able to get all 4 of those guys, then mix in that they will all demand big raises in the year or two upcoming when they are ufa, and we probably won't be able to keep at least two of them, so we will lose our talent, and then end up losing half of what we got in return for our talent that we lost

Did you really suggest a "sign and trade" with Filppula? You know that never happens with potential UFA's right?

C'mon now this isn't NHL13.

The only realistic possibility is Stafford if the price is right.

Hornqvist and Dubinsky's respective clubs are battling with the Wings for playoffs position in the west, I doubt they would trade with each other.

Toronto has solid footing in the playoff picture right now, I doubt they would move Kulemin unless it was in a deal for a better player. He wouldn't be an upgrade over Filppula.

Also, none of them are producing at your suggested 20+ goal a year clip this season.

Edited by DSM

Predators - are looking to add not to give up offense

Sabres - obviously sellers but the asking price for Stafford will be to steep

Kulemin - doesn't add anything to this roster, he is a great 3rd line guy but I'd rather see some home grown talent there

Dubinsky - BlueJackets traded NASH for him and their CEO of hockey operations stated more than once, that he is a big fan of Dubinksy.

Guest Crymson

Stafford isn't as good as people here think he is; the Jackets are not about to deal Dubinsky to a divisional rival; the Predators are not going to deal out their best net-front forward to a divisional rival; and Kulemin isn't really what the team needs.

And, as noted, they would all come very expensive. The salary cap really has wrecked the trade deadline.

Oh yes, the good old stand by....... Some video game.

The idea that Holland could reasonably attain all four of those is fantastic and belongs far more in a video game than it does in reality.

dubinsky in a heart beat. id trade white and nyquist for him

And the Jackets would laugh at the offer.

Uhh, OK. So they trade their franchise superstar in a deal that has Dubinsky going the other way, and now they want to dump his oh-so-huge $4.2m salary while the team is hot? Exactly where did this rumor come from?

Edited by Crymson

Now back to the topic at hand. To improve this team, we need better players. It really is that simple. Our D is pretty good, with more talent on the way. It is and remains Forwards that are the problem. Now we can't go out and pick up 12 new forwards. ok Z and datsyuk are fine-when not completely exhausted, so 10 new forwards.

During our Cup runs we were a team that scored 250+ goals per year, or over 3 goals per game. Now we are on a pace for 214 goals over a 82 game season, or a 2.6 goals per game pace. That is a big drop.

Now can we pick up 4, 5, 6 new forwards? no. 2 or 3? Yes. Of the 4 guys I targeted, 3 of them have hit the 30 goals in a season mark. Only 3 players on our team or in our system have the ability to do that going forward, and even a couple of them are iffy, due to age. In fact, going forward the only player I would count on for 30 goals a year is Brunner and he is a UFA.

ok......

http://hockeytraderumors.com/kekalainen-isnt-trading-yet-give-time/#more-24986