• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

Kevin is 18 now and I assume that if he was an elite prospect we would have heard about it now.  But, does anyone know much about him and his brothers? I cant seem to find any info.

I also found it interesting that Nick has 4 sons while Stevie has 3 daughters. Has it occured to anyone else that we should get these kids together so they can mate and create some kind of super-human hockey player?

#2 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

It's been discussed on here, and actually fairly recently but I can't find what the title of the thread was. The mutual agreement was a.) trying to find a way to even get one of his sons here without getting through the draft and b.) to understand that they aren't going to be a product of their dad within hockey, they won't be as good as their dad... as they are their own players. So, not to rain on your parade because I would find it amazing to have a product of the Yzerman and Lidstrom genes, but no. lol.

Edited by evilzyme, 12 March 2013 - 12:43 PM.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#3 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Trying to get them just because of there father is already putting the pressure on them to live up to that instead of being there own player.

Edited by GoalieManPat, 12 March 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#4 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

I started a similar thread some days ago, you can find it here http://www.letsgowin...ck-jr-turn-pro/ would be cool, if the moderators could merge the two?

Even if they aren't as good as their dad, getting them as solid roster players would be pretty impressive. But the Wings would have to make sure, that they have to go through the draft. So basically pulling a D and H Sedin one.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#5 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

There have been many examples of children being as good if not better than their fathers (Brett Hull, Barry Bonds etc.) and I think its also safe to say there have been even more examples of children being nothing close to as good as their fathers. However I cant think of an example in any sport where two hall of famers offspring had their own children. Perhaps nature wouldnt even allow it so as not to make the rest of mankind feel inferior.

#6 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

There have been many examples of children being as good if not better than their fathers (Brett Hull, Barry Bonds etc.) and I think its also safe to say there have been even more examples of children being nothing close to as good as their fathers. However I cant think of an example in any sport where two hall of famers offspring had their own children. Perhaps nature wouldnt even allow it so as not to make the rest of mankind feel inferior.

I'm not a resident expert in brothers that played the sport together, but I know a handful of them. To me, it seems like brothers, kids, etc never seem to play the same position. So, while we may want or think Lidstroms kid's are going to be outstanding, they may not even be good at defense, but excel at forward.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#7 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

I met Nick Lidstrom 2 years ago at the arena in my town because his son way playing an exhibition game there during the summer. So I sat down and talked to him for a while and I asked him about what position his sons play. He said that 3 out of 4 sons play forward and none of them are at the age where they want to be committed to defense yet. So, from that I gather his 3 other sons are quite younger than the 18 year old Keven. Having said that, he basically said he has no expectations of his sons in hockey, and just wants to see them have fun and become their own player. That would be extremely hard to do if they came to Detroit with these Detroit fans... if they didn't perform like Nick, half the fans would be all over them instantly.

#8 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Trying to get them just because of there father is already putting the pressure on them to live up to that instead of being there own player.

See Chris Bourque

#9 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

I met Nick Lidstrom 2 years ago at the arena in my town because his son way playing an exhibition game there during the summer. So I sat down and talked to him for a while and I asked him about what position his sons play. He said that 3 out of 4 sons play forward and none of them are at the age where they want to be committed to defense yet. So, from that I gather his 3 other sons are quite younger than the 18 year old Keven. Having said that, he basically said he has no expectations of his sons in hockey, and just wants to see them have fun and become their own player. That would be extremely hard to do if they came to Detroit with these Detroit fans... if they didn't perform like Nick, half the fans would be all over them instantly.

I do only expect them, to make the roster but not to be as good as their dad was.

Nick is hopefully a first ballot hall of famer, 7x Norris trophy winner and easily a top 3 alltime defenseman. It would be simple ridiculous to expect his sons living up to that.

kftx.jpg

#10 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Not sure what is going on with Kevin Lidstrom, his stats on eurohockey don't look very impressive....

IFK Arboga Division 1 - 18 GP - 0 G - 2 A  0 PIM -5

Here's his twitter, though...someone should give him a shout out. 

#11 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

Saw a picture of a sick new house theyre builiding on lake in SWE. Oh, to be a lidstrom kid)

#12 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

Saw a picture of a sick new house theyre builiding on lake in SWE. Oh, to be a lidstrom kid)

I know must be a dream right? Never worry about money and almost become a guaranteed Wings player. Hopefully his kids appreciate how lucky they were.

kftx.jpg

#13 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Dont ask me why but for some reason i follow Adam on Twitter...i guess i do now why , its one of those vicariously living thru him kinda things.

#14 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

See Chris Bourque

Even more so, Brent Gretzky (brother of Wayne) and Brett Lindros (Eric's brother)

I think they should be drafted on their talents, not their DNA... Fedor Fedorov... But of course there are the ones that have succeeded:

Sutter's

Sedin's

Staal's

Stastny's

just to name a few.... oh ya, Hull's...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#15 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

It would be just our luck to breed the Lidstrom boys with the Yzerman girls and get a family of lovely young Swedish ladies with bad knees.

#16 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

I'm not a resident expert in brothers that played the sport together, but I know a handful of them. To me, it seems like brothers, kids, etc never seem to play the same position. So, while we may want or think Lidstroms kid's are going to be outstanding, they may not even be good at defense, but excel at forward.

If they even once got by their old man, they excel at forward.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#17 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

this is like the island of Dr. Moreau thread

My wish: A healthy roster