• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
up2here

Nick's Sons

Rate this topic

Kevin is 18 now and I assume that if he was an elite prospect we would have heard about it now. But, does anyone know much about him and his brothers? I cant seem to find any info.

I also found it interesting that Nick has 4 sons while Stevie has 3 daughters. Has it occured to anyone else that we should get these kids together so they can mate and create some kind of super-human hockey player?

It's been discussed on here, and actually fairly recently but I can't find what the title of the thread was. The mutual agreement was a.) trying to find a way to even get one of his sons here without getting through the draft and b.) to understand that they aren't going to be a product of their dad within hockey, they won't be as good as their dad... as they are their own players. So, not to rain on your parade because I would find it amazing to have a product of the Yzerman and Lidstrom genes, but no. lol.

Edited by evilzyme

I started a similar thread some days ago, you can find it here http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/73762-when-does-nick-jr-turn-pro/ would be cool, if the moderators could merge the two?

Even if they aren't as good as their dad, getting them as solid roster players would be pretty impressive. But the Wings would have to make sure, that they have to go through the draft. So basically pulling a D and H Sedin one.

There have been many examples of children being as good if not better than their fathers (Brett Hull, Barry Bonds etc.) and I think its also safe to say there have been even more examples of children being nothing close to as good as their fathers. However I cant think of an example in any sport where two hall of famers offspring had their own children. Perhaps nature wouldnt even allow it so as not to make the rest of mankind feel inferior.

There have been many examples of children being as good if not better than their fathers (Brett Hull, Barry Bonds etc.) and I think its also safe to say there have been even more examples of children being nothing close to as good as their fathers. However I cant think of an example in any sport where two hall of famers offspring had their own children. Perhaps nature wouldnt even allow it so as not to make the rest of mankind feel inferior.

I'm not a resident expert in brothers that played the sport together, but I know a handful of them. To me, it seems like brothers, kids, etc never seem to play the same position. So, while we may want or think Lidstroms kid's are going to be outstanding, they may not even be good at defense, but excel at forward.

I met Nick Lidstrom 2 years ago at the arena in my town because his son way playing an exhibition game there during the summer. So I sat down and talked to him for a while and I asked him about what position his sons play. He said that 3 out of 4 sons play forward and none of them are at the age where they want to be committed to defense yet. So, from that I gather his 3 other sons are quite younger than the 18 year old Keven. Having said that, he basically said he has no expectations of his sons in hockey, and just wants to see them have fun and become their own player. That would be extremely hard to do if they came to Detroit with these Detroit fans... if they didn't perform like Nick, half the fans would be all over them instantly.

I met Nick Lidstrom 2 years ago at the arena in my town because his son way playing an exhibition game there during the summer. So I sat down and talked to him for a while and I asked him about what position his sons play. He said that 3 out of 4 sons play forward and none of them are at the age where they want to be committed to defense yet. So, from that I gather his 3 other sons are quite younger than the 18 year old Keven. Having said that, he basically said he has no expectations of his sons in hockey, and just wants to see them have fun and become their own player. That would be extremely hard to do if they came to Detroit with these Detroit fans... if they didn't perform like Nick, half the fans would be all over them instantly.

I do only expect them, to make the roster but not to be as good as their dad was.

Nick is hopefully a first ballot hall of famer, 7x Norris trophy winner and easily a top 3 alltime defenseman. It would be simple ridiculous to expect his sons living up to that.

See Chris Bourque

Even more so, Brent Gretzky (brother of Wayne) and Brett Lindros (Eric's brother)

I think they should be drafted on their talents, not their DNA... Fedor Fedorov... But of course there are the ones that have succeeded:

Sutter's

Sedin's

Staal's

Stastny's

just to name a few.... oh ya, Hull's...

I'm not a resident expert in brothers that played the sport together, but I know a handful of them. To me, it seems like brothers, kids, etc never seem to play the same position. So, while we may want or think Lidstroms kid's are going to be outstanding, they may not even be good at defense, but excel at forward.

If they even once got by their old man, they excel at forward.