• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Babs: " ....the players decide who plays, not me...."

Rate this topic

It amazes me that anyone thinks he's somehow useful. We could find a grinder out of the minors that could put up similar numbers and play just as hard on the forecheck.

If he's waived, this team will lose nothing, even if he's picked up. +1

Insignificant distinction.

If he's talking about rewarding players by putting them in the lineup, the same should go for where they play in the lineup. Guys like Cleary, Abdelkader and Quincey have been rewarded with icetime they didn't deserve. +2

Your second line should not be a primarily defensive (checking) line. That's what it was for about 6 or 7 games. +3

I could only "like" this post once, but you sir get +3 for it.

Guest Johnz96

I said in the other thread that I don't think we should waive all those players (because of injuries). I realize what the situation is.

I'm merely saying that waiving any one of them will not be a loss, and that our pipeline players are no worse than many of the guys currently getting significant opportunities (Cleary, Abby, Miller, etc)

Our pipeline players are better

our pipeline players are no worse than many of the guys currently getting significant opportunities (Cleary, Abby, Miller, etc)

We have found this to be all but true this year. Tarts and Andersson have been a wakeup call that things have to be shaken up. Look, thanks Danny Cleary, you have been a warrior but now you are clearly a liability. You can shuffle the lines Babs, quit pumping your own tires with this reverse psychology bulls***.

We have found this to be all but true this year. Tarts and Andersson have been a wakeup call that things have to be shaken up. Look, thanks Danny Cleary, you have been a warrior but now you are clearly a liability. You can shuffle the lines Babs, quit pumping your own tires with this reverse psychology bulls***.

Babcock like majority of ALL coaches, will play favorites. Why they're the favorite in the eyes of the coach has numerous different influences, but the main one is trust. Babcock is going to play the players that he has the trust in, not the ones that he has absolutely no trust in, or minimal (hasn't seen enough, not enough to make an impression, etc). He's a coach, he's going to play whom he feels is going to give him the best chance to win. Whom he thinks is going to give him the best chance to win, most likely goes in trust and defense. You can play like the Blackhawks of last season when they had to outscore their defensive mistakes, making their offense responsible for 4-5+ goals a game, which is just unreasonable over the course of a season or you can play the way Babcock wants to play which is defense comes first. He would rather field a team that was more defensively responsible, than offensive powerhouse. With the group we have right now, we need to concentrate on defense first because we don't have the skill to just out-score our mistakes. We need to be defensively responsible and that's exactly why Babcock is playing the group he is.

Defensively responsible = back to back losses to the divisional bottom feeder with some of their better players out of the lineup. Everyone in the world can see Tatar should be on the top lines instead of these "defensive" dips***s who can't handle a pass and go straight to the corners with the puck. Babs can spin this in the media all he wants but nobody's buying it.

esteef

Defensively responsible = back to back losses to the divisional bottom feeder with some of their better players out of the lineup. Everyone in the world can see Tatar should be on the top lines instead of these "defensive" dips***s who can't handle a pass and go straight to the corners with the puck. Babs can spin this in the media all he wants but nobody's buying it.

esteef

Columbus last 12 games:

FINAL CBJ (2) - ANA (3) - ANAHIEM #2 IN WESTERN CONFERENCE

FINAL CBJ (3) - DET (2) - DETROIT #7 IN WESTERN CONFERENCE

FINAL CBJ (1) - STL (2) - ST.LOUIS #5 IN WESTERN CONFERENCE

FINAL CBJ (0) - CHI (1) - CHICAGO #1 IN WESTERN CONFERENCE

FINAL DAL (5) - CBJ (4) OT - DALLAS #11 IN WESTERN CONFERENCE

FINAL CBJ (3) - CHI (4) OT - CHICAGO #1 IN WESTERN CONFERENCE

FINAL COL (1) - CBJ (2) OT - COLORADO #14 IN WESTERN CONFERENCE

FINAL EDM (3) - CBJ (4) SO - EDMONTON #12 IN WESTERN CONFERENCE

FINAL VAN (1) - CBJ (2) OT - VANCOUVER #3 IN WESTERN CONFERENCE

FINAL DET (0) - CBJ (3) - DETROIT #7 IN WESTERN CONFERENCE

FINAL CBJ (3) - DET (2) SO - DETROIT #7 IN WESTERN CONFERENCE

FINAL VAN (2) - CBJ (1) SO - VANCOUVER #3 IN WESTERN CONFERENCE

9 games played against top 8 seeds, 2 against #3, 2 against #1, 1 against #2, and all within 1 goal games except for their victories. On top of injuries to some of their best players, and most important players. Columbus is mad garbage, right? Context my friend, context. Oh, and Bob was #1 star of the week with a 0.77 GAA and .972 SV%.

I'm too confused to hate him for it. Its like Bizarro world

That's the perfect way to describe this.

This is the first time I've really been straight up confused by Babcock and his lineup stuborness. His decisions with the forwards are backwards...

I mean, I don't NEED them to put Cleary on waivers, but for christ sake have him sit for a game or two. Eaves and Miller rotate all the time and I would take both of them over Cleary at this point.

Babcock like majority of ALL coaches, will play favorites. Why they're the favorite in the eyes of the coach has numerous different influences, but the main one is trust. Babcock is going to play the players that he has the trust in, not the ones that he has absolutely no trust in, or minimal (hasn't seen enough, not enough to make an impression, etc). He's a coach, he's going to play whom he feels is going to give him the best chance to win. Whom he thinks is going to give him the best chance to win, most likely goes in trust and defense. You can play like the Blackhawks of last season when they had to outscore their defensive mistakes, making their offense responsible for 4-5+ goals a game, which is just unreasonable over the course of a season or you can play the way Babcock wants to play which is defense comes first. He would rather field a team that was more defensively responsible, than offensive powerhouse. With the group we have right now, we need to concentrate on defense first because we don't have the skill to just out-score our mistakes. We need to be defensively responsible and that's exactly why Babcock is playing the group he is.

I understand that completely, but Dan Cleary does not figure into that. He CANNOT skate anymore. There is no acceleration, cutting ability, anything. He has become a liablity.

There was a play in one of the recent games where he had the puck in the neutral zone bringing it into the offensive zone (going wide like he always does....), no one was on him, and he flat out fell over. I just shook my head...

Columbus last 12 games:

9 games played against top 8 seeds, 2 against #3, 2 against #1, 1 against #2, and all within 1 goal games except for their victories. On top of injuries to some of their best players, and most important players. Columbus is mad garbage, right? Context my friend, context. Oh, and Bob was #1 star of the week with a 0.77 GAA and .972 SV%.

The Blue Jackets are the Blue Jackets. Do not kid yourself. You're not allowed to leave 7 points on the table against the Blue Jackets.

So out of 12 games they won 6, with 3 of them coming against the Wings and that's supposed make us feel better? Context indeed. The Wings should've stomped the Jackets, especially with some of their better players out. The scores mean squat, it's the WIN that counts.

esteef

So out of 12 games they won 6, with 3 of them coming against the Wings and that's supposed make us feel better? Context indeed. The Wings should've stomped the Jackets, especially with some of their better players out. The scores mean squat, it's the WIN that counts.

esteef

:clap:

esteef

It's not an excuse, but they're not some random "bottom feeder" club. They have skill, and they can win. Unfortunately we were at the wrong end of it. It's you pretending that Columbus is some random automatic win that makes me laugh. No team in this league, especially with parity at an all time-high, is an automatic win. Sorry to bust your bubble. As displayed, they can keep with some of the best clubs in this league right now, simply losing in OT by 1 goal. I'm putting it in context that they aren't some random horrible team, they certainly know how to hang on to games and can finish them when the others don't. We were that case.

Edited by evilzyme

This is starting to turn into Hfboads with the Babcock hate.. its ridiculous.

So.. soo.... sooooooooooooo similar to all the Vancouver and San Jose threads asking for AV and TM's heads. You could interchange names and it would be the same stuff over and over again.

The 2 wins in 20 is not the reason McLellan should be fired, it is the result of why he should have been fired last year. He has shown a consistent inability to adapt. He can coach the team to beat the Red Wings over and over, but he has no clue how to beat the trap, as an example. He refuses to make adjustments when a strategy isn't working (Our absolutely abysmal PK since he changed it from Ron Wilson's style until Larry Robinson came in and changed it this year). He refuses to ice players based upon merit but instead ice's 'veterans' who have no business being on the ice (Murray, Colin White, Wallin) game after game while benching young players who NEED that ice time to improve and who are better choices (Demers, Braun). Constantly out-coached, especially in the playoffs.

I've been calling for his firing for over a year, long before we started losing, because I was looking at the details. Now, he appears to have completely lost the room, the players are paying no attention to him as far as i can tell and the team is completely off the rails as you would expect.

This isn't about losing, it's about poor coaching.

First thing I read today on HF and I had to double take to make sure I was on HF not LGW

This explains certain "injuries"..... :ninja:

"Sammy, you want to play?"

"No no, I need to be home so I can count out the money Kenny gave me!"

Detroit Free Press headline: Mikael Samuelsson sprains wrist stacking hundred-dollar bills from his 3M dollar paycheck. Won't require surgery - out indefinitely.

But in all seriousness, if what Babs says was true Tatar would be on one of the top two lines.

Edited by Wingsfan72

Guest Playmaker

This is starting to turn into Hfboads with the Babcock hate.. its ridiculous.

I think in this case, the criticism is justified. For one, he's trying to not take responsibility. To me, not acceptable for a head coach. Secondly, the Cleary, Dastyuk, Abdelkader line CLEARLY is not working. Though I'm far from a hockey expert, Tatar seemed to add energy and a viable offensive threat to the team that is sorely lacking scoring. I'm not at all the *hater* type but some of these moves are baffling to say the least. I almost feel like Babcock is saying here you go Kenny, this is the s*** you're giving me, I'm going to play them and play them. Either that or he's channeling his inner Jim Leyland and his unfathomable loyalty to Brandon Inge.

Insert photoshop of Sammy's face on Kane's picture..

KANENENEfdsfafs.jpg

haha

This explains certain "injuries"..... :ninja:

"Sammy, you want to play?"

"No no, I need to be home so I can count out the money Kenny gave me!"

Detroit Free Press headline: Mikael Samuelsson sprains wrist stacking hundred-dollar bills from his 3M dollar paycheck. Won't require surgery - out indefinitely.

But in all seriousness, if what Babs says was true Tatar would be on one of the top two lines.

Edited by FireCaptain

According to Babs Tatar needed to get sent down because with Flip back in the lineup there's just no opportunity for Tatar on the powerplay. Yet here I saw Nyquist getting PP time, and he so obviously deserves it over Tatar.

Also, why is Tootoo not playing? Must be he didn't earn it.