• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Perry hit. Thoughts?

Rate this topic

Wish I could say I'm surprised the pansies here think its dirty. The same people who forget what Stevie y did but then talk about about Crosby and others for doing same stuff.

Hit was fine the timing was fine. The only thing questionable was arm being up but he has a severe height advantage didn't look intentional. General rule is you're allowed three steps to hit someone after they get rid of puck. Sometimes refs shorten it up sometimes lengthen it.

If you take three steps to hit someone it is in itself charging. Read the rulebook. This hit was late, to the head, leading with his elbow, he got 4 games and should have gotten a couple more.

And I would hate to see this d... in red and white, just like I don't like seeing Bertuzzi in it. I can tolerate Bert only because he hasn't done anything objectionable in a while.

Guest Crymson

Hope he kicks our ass and Holland wakes up from his stupidity and targets him!!!

Yep, let's lose some vital games so that Holland will "wake up" and make an offer for a player whom Anaheim will almost certainly not be putting on the market. Woohoo!

after watching the explanatory video of Rob Blake (oh... the irony... one of the dirtier big name D-men in this game history :D :D :D ) and especially the along the ice I have to admit it's been much clearer decision to make. it looked like a bit late on the original video, but it was waaaaay too late and absolutely targeted to the head. 4 games is about fair, dropping in Perry's reputation could have been more. should have been more I think....

Pretty soon the NHL wont need pads it'll be all skirts and thongs. Bunch of crybaby *******.

I know you are not even close to being alone in this, but you appear to lack any knowledge at all on the seriousness of blows to the head and concussions. This is not a toughness issue.

I know you are not even close to being alone in this, but you appear to lack any knowledge at all on the seriousness of blows to the head and concussions. This is not a toughness issue.

This is not a toughness issue. Zucker was skating like an idiot, he didn't even get hammered. It was an overreaction.

Hits to the head is a serious issue. But when its accidental or because of some idiot skating with his head down its not the persons fault who hit him. Perry's hit was just fine. The guy should be paying attention simple as that. Wwhen I played hockey the timing on the hit was perfectly legal. We were taught that at a high school level and younger.

It may have been so at some point. But it is quite clear that current NHL policy is that there are no legal hits to the head.

Guest DeGraa55

It may have been so at some point. But it is quite clear that current NHL policy is that there are no legal hits to the head.

Nor should there be. So when an idiot skates with his head down and gets leveled and his head got touched. He should get the penalty for not having his head up. That's the best way to do it.

Just wondering if everyone maintains the same positions? Abby for 4 games? Just to be clear, I think both hits were good hockey hits. If you skate with your head down, that is what happens. Neither guy used his elbow.

Edited by Richdg

Guest DeGraa55

I was opposed to perry being suspended but I think Abby should get one simply for leaving his feet. But since he got game misconduct maybe that counts as one.

Problem is so many people got blinders on when referring to guys like perry and Abby look at gdt.

It's late and to the head. Nothing "good" about that. Perry's got a douchebag rep too. Thumbs down.

esteef

I'll say it's late, but it wasn't to the head intentionally. Clean hit to me if its a second sooner.

Thing is, if the NHL wouldn't have tried to end fighting, hits like this wouldn't happen. Becasue if these hits did happen, you would get your a$$ kicked as well as having to sit in the sin bin.

There we go!!! Some of these would still happen thought.

I was opposed to perry being suspended but I think Abby should get one simply for leaving his feet. But since he got game misconduct maybe that counts as one.

Problem is so many people got blinders on when referring to guys like perry and Abby look at gdt.

Tell me when he leaves his feet prior to impact. You can't! Why? Cause he doesn't! He leaves his feet when he extends his legs during the hit.