• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

The other thing I would like to see or understand, if it is a dirty hit when done to a teammate and you are willing to get vengeance for it, why then would it be ok for you or your teammate to do it to another team?

That is often times why I find the B's to be so hypocritcal, the ***** about what happened to their guys as dirty and gutless, then do the same and say it is part of the game.

BTW F.Michael, I like watching them too, they have an exciting hockey team with the right combo of vets, youth, skill, toughness, and are really tough to play against.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#42 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

I haven't been able to watch the video because my phone won't load it right now. But from the way I understand it you have to let up if someone is in a vulnerable position, even if they were dumb enough to put themselves there. Not to mention it's Perry, I wouldn't be surprised if he was purposefully negligent and contacted the head.

#43 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Late hit and probably suspension worthy.

#44 Yeti

Yeti

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

This can only be solved by....  THE NHL WHEEL OF JUSTICE! 

www.nhlwheelofjustice.com

lol

Edited by Yeti, 13 March 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#45 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

I haven't been able to watch the video because my phone won't load it right now. But from the way I understand it you have to let up if someone is in a vulnerable position, even if they were dumb enough to put themselves there. Not to mention it's Perry, I wouldn't be surprised if he was purposefully negligent and contacted the head.

Watch the hit them re-comment.  I'm not saying Perry couldn't have let up a little, but he didn't purposely hit Zucker's head.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#46 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 571 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

4 games for Perry!

http://video.nhl.com...n&cmpid=nhl-twt

#47 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

I love the video release of why they did this.

Not just on this hit, on all of them.

Even if I disagree with the Player Safety Committee on a suspension at least now we can see their train of thought.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#48 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

4 games for Perry!

http://video.nhl.com...n&cmpid=nhl-twt

Well there you go.  They deemed it reckless targeting of the head, which I can understand why.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#49 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Not surprised. 4 games seems legit.

#50 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

Pretty soon the NHL wont need pads it'll be all skirts and thongs. Bunch of crybaby *******.

Edited by DeGraa55, 13 March 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#51 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 571 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

So Perry will be back when the Wings will play the Ducks on 3/22 and 3/24!

#52 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Late hit. Perry's a ******, but I don't think that hit is worth a 4 game suspension.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#53 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

I just watched the hit for the first time.  the 4 game suspension was not needed.  Zucker didn't brace himself for a hit while he admired a pass and the hit was barely late at all.  5 and a game was more than enough.  only reason it was more than 2 minutes is cause Perry is taller than Zucker and hit shoulder to head and Zucker laid on the ice long enough for everyone in the building to take a leak.  That's why you keep your head up.  Elbow never came up, wasnt' charging, just half a second late.  Rookies get toasted on these hits all the time.  Not in junior anymore kiddo.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#54 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

wow! seriously, 4 games...

they should give at least 6 or not give it at all.

he is going to be well rested for red wings games.

#55 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

wow! seriously, 4 games...

they should give at least 6 or not give it at all.

he is going to be well rested for red wings games.

Hope he kicks our ass and Holland wakes up from his stupidity and targets him!!!

Edited by DeGraa55, 13 March 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#56 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Should we expect anything less from Perry.

KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#57 evil204

evil204

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

Let's just say I have a much bigger problem with a guy grabbing somebody's head and slamming it into the boards then a guy being a little late finishing a check.

#58 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

Wish I could say I'm surprised the pansies here think its dirty. The same people who forget what Stevie y did but then talk about about Crosby and others for doing same stuff.

Hit was fine the timing was fine. The only thing questionable was arm being up but he has a severe height advantage didn't look intentional. General rule is you're allowed three steps to hit someone after they get rid of puck. Sometimes refs shorten it up sometimes lengthen it.

If you take three steps to hit someone it is in itself charging. Read the rulebook. This hit was late, to the head, leading with his elbow, he got 4 games and should have gotten a couple more.

And I would hate to see this d... in red and white, just like I don't like seeing Bertuzzi in it. I can tolerate Bert only because he hasn't done anything objectionable in a while.

#59 WINGS & FLOW

WINGS & FLOW

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

Not surprised. 4 games seems legit.

Yep, got what he deserved.  They will call that every time in todays NHL and players know that

#60 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Hope he kicks our ass and Holland wakes up from his stupidity and targets him!!!

Yep, let's lose some vital games so that Holland will "wake up" and make an offer for a player whom Anaheim will almost certainly not be putting on the market. Woohoo!