• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

after watching the explanatory video of Rob Blake (oh... the irony... one of the dirtier big name D-men in this game history :D :D :D ) and especially the along the ice I have to admit it's been much clearer decision to make. it looked like a bit late on the original video, but it was waaaaay too late and absolutely targeted to the head. 4 games is about fair, dropping in Perry's reputation could have been more. should have been more I think....

#62 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,460 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:50 AM

Pretty soon the NHL wont need pads it'll be all skirts and thongs. Bunch of crybaby *******.

I know you are not even close to being alone in this, but you appear to lack any knowledge at all on the seriousness of blows to the head and concussions.  This is not a toughness issue.

#63 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

It was less than a second after he let go of the puck, perry didn't even barely touch him. Zucker should have been more aware.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#64 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

I know you are not even close to being alone in this, but you appear to lack any knowledge at all on the seriousness of blows to the head and concussions.  This is not a toughness issue.

This is not a toughness issue. Zucker was skating like an idiot, he didn't even get hammered. It was an overreaction.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#65 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Hits to the head is a serious issue. But when its accidental or because of some idiot skating with his head down its not the persons fault who hit him. Perry's hit was just fine. The guy should be paying attention simple as that. Wwhen I played hockey the timing on the hit was perfectly legal. We were taught that at a high school level and younger.

It may have been so at some point. But it is quite clear that current NHL policy is that there are no legal hits to the head.

#66 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

It may have been so at some point. But it is quite clear that current NHL policy is that there are no legal hits to the head.

Nor should there be. So when an idiot skates with his head down and gets leveled and his head got touched. He should get the penalty for not having his head up. That's the best way to do it.

#67 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,911 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

4min 45 seconds in.  Legal hits to the head. 

#68 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

I'd give him one game for that. Even for Perry, I'd say four games is a bit harsh. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#69 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Just wondering if everyone maintains the same positions? Abby for 4 games? Just to be clear, I think both hits were good hockey hits. If you skate with your head down, that is what happens. Neither guy used his elbow.

Edited by Richdg, 04 May 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#70 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

I was opposed to perry being suspended but I think Abby should get one simply for leaving his feet. But since he got game misconduct maybe that counts as one.

Problem is so many people got blinders on when referring to guys like perry and Abby look at gdt.

#71 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

Thing is, if the NHL wouldn't have tried to end fighting, hits like this wouldn't happen. Becasue if these hits did happen, you would get your a$$ kicked as well as having to sit in the sin bin.

#72 WINGS TILL DEATH

WINGS TILL DEATH

The Enforcer. "I want my name to be spagetti"

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

It's late and to the head.  Nothing "good" about that.  Perry's got a douchebag rep too.  Thumbs down.

esteef

I'll say it's late, but it wasn't to the head intentionally. Clean hit to me if its a second sooner.

Thing is, if the NHL wouldn't have tried to end fighting, hits like this wouldn't happen. Becasue if these hits did happen, you would get your a$$ kicked as well as having to sit in the sin bin.

There we go!!! Some of these would still happen thought.

I was opposed to perry being suspended but I think Abby should get one simply for leaving his feet. But since he got game misconduct maybe that counts as one.

Problem is so many people got blinders on when referring to guys like perry and Abby look at gdt.

Tell me when he leaves his feet prior to impact. You can't! Why? Cause he doesn't! He leaves his feet when he extends his legs during the hit.