• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
canadian wings fan

We are the Detroit Red Wings and we are making the playoffs

Rate this topic

For the millionth time, those teams had a makeup totally different than ours, and played a different style of hockey.

We won't outwork anybody in a 7 game series. That's not what our strength is.

How can we know this... we don't even know what are team looks like... get everyone HEALTHY( God help us)... only then will we truly know. :stanley::stanley: :stanley: :stanley::stanley::stanley::stanley::stanley::stanley::stanley::stanley: and one

Don't think so. What is the point of making the playoffs just to heavily lose in the first round? The goal for this organization should be to go the whole way which means winning the cup. This is not a Stanley Cup roster, period. I'd rather see some young guns developing and making mistakes why doing so, before cheering and be happy because they've kept the streak alive.

Well you're going to be pretty disappointed.then.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

Cant believe some d-bag on this site who clams to be a Wings fan wants the Wings to lose and miss the playoffs. :nono: Says its a good idea so the Wings can get a higher draft pick. (real insightful, but the draft loto doesnt guarantee anything) This person must think hes more intelligent then the entire Wings organization.

I for one enjoy the playoff atmosphere at the Joe and look forward catching a few games this year.

Lets get the win tonight!! GO WINGS GO!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Guest mjtm77

We won't catch the Blackhawks or Ducks, and the Kings are clearly better than us. How do you figure?

kings are not clearly better then us

Cant believe some d-bag on this site who clams to be a Wings fan wants the Wings to lose and miss the playoffs. :nono: Says its a good idea so the Wings can get a higher draft pick. (real insightful, but the draft loto doesnt guarantee anything) This person must think hes more intelligent then the entire Wings organization.

I for one enjoy the playoff atmosphere at the Joe and look forward catching a few games this year.

lol all the haters should just go watch another team. I agree with you. Soak it all up well we still dats!!

All the naysayers that decided to fancy on up here and try to knock us back down, SUCK ON THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnevrp2oQF0

And never forget...

DON'T. STOP. BELIEVIN'.

I miss #5

Playoffs? When is the last time the BEST team ( on paper) won the cup? All we have to do is get it....and then we will see what happens....The boys can do that.

Zetterberg's beard alone can win the Conn Smythe....that's why 16 teams play for the best trophy in sport. We are getting in!

I believe!

Those teams for the most part were hard working teams with hot goalies. Nothing against Howard or the Skaters, but those teams as was pointed out all shared a certain makeup that Detroit doesn't have.

And none of them were thought to "have" it either until they proved they did. I would say that if they actually were all that hard-working they wouldn't have been such low seeds in the first place. Some were good defensively, some weren't. Some physical, some not. Some good at some things, bad at others, or mediocre at everything...

Had Vancouver won in the first round last year, no one would have been praising them for upsetting the mighty 8th-seeded Kings. No one would think there was anything special about the Kings. No one would be thinking about the Kings at all, just like no one thought about them during the season. No one would think Quick was anything special.

It's all just after-the-fact redefining of our opinions to make sure that "what happened" fits our preconceived notion of "what should happen".

Who said they want the Wings to miss the playoffs? Hope you're not talking about me, cause i would never WANT them to miss the playoffs. Arguments have just been made that it may be beneficial to get the higher picks. I personally believe that we have the pieces to actually win the Stanley Cup, but the wrong pieces are being used a la Abby and Cleary anchoring the skills of Datsyuk, but Tatar being sent down, Nyquist not being on the team all year....these are mistakes. I'll be cheering just as hard as every other Wings fan out there. And you calling someone on here a D-bag also isn't very constructive and can also be defined as a "personal attack". I like your enthusiasm, but you need to word things better to not attack or condescend the good people on this site.

Winning the cup:

-Health

-Lucky bounces

-Match up advantages

We have none of these

I see it as either having more talent than anyone, or outworking everyone and having a hot goalie/good defense to boot.

Of course bounces and health matter, but there's still a certain type of team necessary to win the Cup.

It's not juts "let's get in and get lucky" like the "insert team name here" did in the past.

Playoffs? When is the last time the BEST team ( on paper) won the cup? All we have to do is get it....and then we will see what happens....The boys can do that.

Zetterberg's beard alone can win the Conn Smythe....that's why 16 teams play for the best trophy in sport. We are getting in!

I believe!

I agree.

If a team is outmatched, they must outwork the other team to win the Cup. That means outworking the opposition in a 7 game series. Typically, that requires having a physical team and a tight defensive game focused on not making mistakes.

But you see the problem, right?

Edited by GMRwings1983

I believe!

LA Kings? They were considered the best team and not your typical 8th place team. So the answer to your question is last year.

LA Kings? They were considered the best team and not your typical 8th place team. So the answer to your question is last year.

The better question is, when is the last time a team with the roster makeup and style of play of the 2013 Red Wings, win the Cup?

Guest Crymson

Believers may only apply. Here's to another year of playoff hockey and rooting on the team we know and love

Sorry, pal, but it's just so much easier to be pessimistic. It means no disappointment!

Great, I guess you like first round exits.Well the Wings have a special going on this right now...comes with a side of molasses that Dan Cleary puts in his skates before every game.

... and it took all of one post for it to happen.

Don't think so. What is the point of making the playoffs just to heavily lose in the first round?

Wow. Just wow.

2006: Edmonton gets to the finals as a #8 seed.

2010: #7 and #8 Philly/Montreal made the ECF.

2012: #8 (underacheiving) LA wins the cup by BOWLING through seeds 1, 2, and 3.

What if fans stopped believing?

History will be made.

Bingo.

Who said they want the Wings to miss the playoffs? Hope you're not talking about me, cause i would never WANT them to miss the playoffs. Arguments have just been made that it may be beneficial to get the higher picks. I personally believe that we have the pieces to actually win the Stanley Cup, but the wrong pieces are being used a la Abby and Cleary anchoring the skills of Datsyuk, but Tatar being sent down, Nyquist not being on the team all year....these are mistakes. I'll be cheering just as hard as every other Wings fan out there. And you calling someone on here a D-bag also isn't very constructive and can also be defined as a "personal attack". I like your enthusiasm, but you need to word things better to not attack or condescend the good people on this site.

Is someone feeling guilty?? Thank for the update on the Wings as of late, Im sure this is all breaking news for us hockey fans.

We find it very humorous that you have the nerve to lecture people on "personal attacks", when we have screen shots of you saying much worse things in pervious posts that had to be removed.

With that being said pratice what you preach, and enjoy the game

Edited by WINGS & FLOW

Is someone feeling guilty?? Thank for the update on the Wings as of late, Im sure this is all breaking news for us hockey fans.

We find it very humorous that you have the nerve to lecture people on "personal attacks", when we have screen shots of you saying much worse things in pervious posts that had to be removed.

not feeling guilty at all. i know full well what was deleted earlier and there you go again with your condescending posts. you had a post earlier that i "liked" and clicked on it accordingly on a different topic, but stuff like this makes you sound like a 12 year old pre-adolescent child. And once again, thanks for adding some real insight to the conversation. How about saying something about the hockey related content of my post. I'd like to know if you know anything about hockey or if I should just ignore your posts completely. So please, try again.

The better question is, when is the last time a team with the roster makeup and style of play of the 2013 Red Wings, win the Cup?

Hurricanes in '06?

not feeling guilty at all. i know full well what was deleted earlier and there you go again with your condescending posts. you had a post earlier that i "liked" and clicked on it accordingly on a different topic, but stuff like this makes you sound like a 12 year old pre-adolescent child. And once again, thanks for adding some real insight to the conversation. How about saying something about the hockey related content of my post. I'd like to know if you know anything about hockey or if I should just ignore your posts completely. So please, try again.

Hurricanes in '06?

No.

They had a hot goalie and a better roster offensively. Much better. They finished as the #1 seed that season if I remember correctly.

No.

They had a hot goalie and a better roster offensively. Much better. They finished as the #1 seed that season if I remember correctly.

#2 seed in the East with 112 points, 1 behind Ottawa.

And I can't believe the playoff discussion's gone this long with nobody else busting this out:

Just to be clear here too, I don't want to pick fights with you or have us crap on each other. You're smart enough to be a Wings fan, I just feel you have much more to offer than insulting my intelligence. So I want you to argue the points and make me agree with your side.

LMAO

Riiiiiiiight! The LA Kings were considered the best team on paper last year? Thats hilarious.

Im sure most of the analyists and experts never saw LA as the team to beat. Give me a break. 8 of 12 ESPN hockey analyists had them ousted in the 1st round by Vancouver. They werent even favored when they ramrodded everyone to get to the SCF's as nhl.com has the Devils in 6. So the answer to my question is not last year.