• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#21 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Believers may only apply. Here's to another year of playoff hockey and rooting on the team we know and love

Yes.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#22 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Let's Go Red Wings!!

IPB Image

#23 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

To the O.P.>>> YESSSS!!!!!   

GO WINGS!!!!

KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#24 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

2006:  Edmonton gets to the finals as a #8 seed.

2010:  #7 and #8 Philly/Montreal made the ECF.

2012:  #8 (underacheiving) LA wins the cup by BOWLING through seeds 1, 2, and 3.  

What if fans stopped believing?

History will be made.

Those teams for the most part were hard working teams with hot goalies. Nothing against Howard or the Skaters, but those teams as was pointed out all shared a certain makeup that Detroit doesn't have.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#25 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Well recover from some annoying injuries and rebound nicely as the 4th seed.

We won't catch the Blackhawks or Ducks, and the Kings are clearly better than us. How do you figure?

#26 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

All the naysayers that decided to fancy on up here and try to knock us back down, SUCK ON THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEO5KFcZV3Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnevrp2oQF0

And never forget...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qc7fBl7vO0

DON'T.  STOP.  BELIEVIN'.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#27 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

I CAN FEEL THE LOVE

GO WINGS!!!

#28 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

All the naysayers that decided to fancy on up here and try to knock us back down, SUCK ON THIS:

And never forget...

Didn't the wings get bounced by the sharks without much effort?

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#29 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

For the millionth time, those teams had a makeup totally different than ours, and played a different style of hockey.  

We won't outwork anybody in a 7 game series.  That's not what our strength is.   

How can we know this... we don't even know what are team looks like... get everyone HEALTHY( God help us)... only then will we truly know. :stanley:  :stanley: :stanley:  :stanley:  :stanley:  :stanley:  :stanley:  :stanley:  :stanley:  :stanley:  :stanley: and one 

#30 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Winning the cup:

-Health

-Lucky bounces

-Match up advantages

We have none of these 

bringit.jpg

#31 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Don't think so. What is the point of making the playoffs just to heavily lose in the first round? The goal for this organization should be to go the whole way which means winning the cup. This is not a Stanley Cup roster, period. I'd rather see some young guns developing and making mistakes why doing so, before cheering  and be happy because they've kept the streak alive.

Well you're going to be pretty disappointed.then.

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 13 March 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#32 WINGS & FLOW

WINGS & FLOW

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Cant believe some d-bag on this site who clams to be a Wings fan wants the Wings to lose and miss the playoffs. :nono:   Says its a good idea so the Wings can get a higher draft pick.  (real insightful, but the draft loto doesnt guarantee anything)  This person must think hes more intelligent then the entire Wings organization.

I for one enjoy the playoff atmosphere at the Joe and look forward catching a few games this year.

Lets get the win tonight!!  GO WINGS GO!!!!!!! :yahoo:

#33 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

We won't catch the Blackhawks or Ducks, and the Kings are clearly better than us. How do you figure?

kings are not clearly better then us

Cant believe some d-bag on this site who clams to be a Wings fan wants the Wings to lose and miss the playoffs. :nono:   Says its a good idea so the Wings can get a higher draft pick.  (real insightful, but the draft loto doesnt guarantee anything)  This person must think hes more intelligent then the entire Wings organization.

I for one enjoy the playoff atmosphere at the Joe and look forward catching a few games this year.

lol all the haters should just go watch another team. I agree with you. Soak it all up well we still dats!!

And never forget...

I miss #5

Posted Image

#34 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Playoffs? When is the last time the BEST team ( on paper) won the cup? All we have to do is get it....and then we will see what happens....The boys can do that.
Zetterberg's beard alone can win the Conn Smythe....that's why 16 teams play for the best trophy in sport. We are getting in!
I believe!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#35 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

Hey all you naysayers, obviously you can't read the title of the thread.  I believe there is already a thread about the Wings not making the playoffs or winning the cup so why don't you go be negative there. 

#36 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Those teams for the most part were hard working teams with hot goalies. Nothing against Howard or the Skaters, but those teams as was pointed out all shared a certain makeup that Detroit doesn't have.

And none of them were thought to "have" it either until they proved they did. I would say that if they actually were all that hard-working they wouldn't have been such low seeds in the first place. Some were good defensively, some weren't. Some physical, some not. Some good at some things, bad at others, or mediocre at everything...

Had Vancouver won in the first round last year, no one would have been praising them for upsetting the mighty 8th-seeded Kings. No one would think there was anything special about the Kings. No one would be thinking about the Kings at all, just like no one thought about them during the season. No one would think Quick was anything special.

It's all just after-the-fact redefining of our opinions to make sure that "what happened" fits our preconceived notion of "what should happen".

#37 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

Who said they want the Wings to miss the playoffs?  Hope you're not talking about me, cause i would never WANT them to miss the playoffs.  Arguments have just been made that it may be beneficial to get the higher picks.  I personally believe that we have the pieces to actually win the Stanley Cup, but the wrong pieces are being used a la Abby and Cleary anchoring the skills of Datsyuk, but Tatar being sent down, Nyquist not being on the team all year....these are mistakes.  I'll be cheering just as hard as every other Wings fan out there.  And you calling someone on here a D-bag also isn't very constructive and can also be defined as a "personal attack".  I like your enthusiasm, but you need to word things better to not attack or condescend the good people on this site.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#38 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Winning the cup:

-Health
-Lucky bounces
-Match up advantages

We have none of these 

I see it as either having more talent than anyone, or outworking everyone and having a hot goalie/good defense to boot.  

Of course bounces and health matter, but there's still a certain type of team necessary to win the Cup.  

It's not juts "let's get in and get lucky" like the "insert team name here" did in the past.

Playoffs? When is the last time the BEST team ( on paper) won the cup? All we have to do is get it....and then we will see what happens....The boys can do that.
Zetterberg's beard alone can win the Conn Smythe....that's why 16 teams play for the best trophy in sport. We are getting in!
I believe!

I agree. 

If a team is outmatched, they must outwork the other team to win the Cup.  That means outworking the opposition in a 7 game series. Typically, that requires having a physical team and a tight defensive game focused on not making mistakes.  

But you see the problem, right?

Edited by GMRwings1983, 13 March 2013 - 07:39 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#39 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I believe!

LA Kings? They were considered the best team and not your typical 8th place team. So the answer to your question is last year.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#40 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

LA Kings? They were considered the best team and not your typical 8th place team. So the answer to your question is last year.

The better question is, when is the last time a team with the roster makeup and style of play of the 2013 Red Wings, win the Cup?  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.