• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/13 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Flames 5

Rate this topic

I didn't watch the 2 Blue Jacket games, but I'm still trying to figure out why Tatar was sent down :nono:

well, you see, he hasn't been over-seasoned in the minors for quite long enough yet, so he'll spend probably the rest of the year in GR until he's burnt to a crisp; didn't you know the Ken Holland recipe for a quality hockey club?

I didn't watch the 2 Blue Jacket games, but I'm still trying to figure out why Tatar was sent down :nono:

He was weak on his stick and missed some defensive coverages in the CBJ games. With that said, I'm not sure why they brought up Nyquist to play the same role. I'm guessing it was to get each of them time before Helm returns.

Knee-jerk message board reaction aside it's starting to get ridiculously comically that Abby continues to be on the 2nd-line without any production while our best player on the team is frozen cold because of it. I'm not sure how he doesn't see it, he has to, but why is he so god damn stubborn? Maybe he's sticking it to Holland for not getting him enough top 6 talent. :confused1:

And how does Franzen get away with 5% effort every night? Where's the accountability? Yeah he's got the best shot on the team and we desperately need offense, still no excuse. You can count on Franzen to cough up 4-5 pucks in the neutral zone every game.

Abdelkader needs to be traded

I don't see the Abby hate. He played a key role in Kronner's goal, and didn't do anything to hurt the team other than his penalty (which was weak as he was forced offsides). It's not Abby's fault he is put in the top six- that is Babs decision. Who would take his place as a big body in the bottom 6? Andersson- he has 7 giveaways and no takeaways, has ~.35 hits per game compared to Abby's 2+ hits per game, and is hovering around 47% FO.

Anytime Abby or Cleary touch the puck I ponder what it would be like to have an actual NHL player in their place

Anytime they get mentioned I wonder how they are NHL players...Any coach with half a clue would realize they are beyond useless and they should be relegated to permanent press box seats or outright dropped completely from the roster

i been saying this since last year they should of brought in nyquist and/tatar last year along with smith to learn from lidstrom and bring in a few rookies every year so they gradually mix into the lineup and learn from the vets but of course we love our veterans so much

and we got guys like sheahan,jarnkrok,ferraro who are 2 years away thats why i got a feeling nyquist will be dealt soon for a defensemen

Is it me, or is Nyquist looking like he's not "clicking". Tartar came up and just "got it", if you know what I mean. Nyquist? It looks like he's stuck playing parameter hockey. And he's struggling to do that effectively.

I hope he get's it soon. I like the kid.

We sure are streaky and thats what is hurting us. we need another skid of getting shelled about 6 or 7 times then maybe they will stop believing how good they think they are.

They play like the can just turn it on and score when needed. Those days are gone and the floating is embarrassing.

Hell, i would settle for 3 or 4 ringing posts a game At least we'd know they were on net.

Is it me, or is Nyquist looking like he's not "clicking". Tartar came up and just "got it", if you know what I mean. Nyquist? It looks like he's stuck playing parameter hockey. And he's struggling to do that effectively.

I hope he get's it soon. I like the kid.

I agree. However, I don't think it has anything to do with "getting it". Tatar was effective because he plays a tenacious north/south game and keeps his feet moving. Nyquist plays on the perimeter because he's an east/west player who relies too heavily on stickwork and fancy pants puckhandling to create chances. That's VERY hard to do effectively at the NHL level with any success. Until he moves his legs and goes to areas where the big boys play he'll be relatively ineffective. Tatar doesn't have that problem because he's a tougher kid.

Monster was awful. The defense is the problem, they can't move the puck out of the zone clean......ever. passes into skates, passes to far in front or behind. Kronwall stinks and the rest are very very ugly to watch. There are so many small things wrong with this team that it's hard to know what needs to be fixed the most. Babcock and Holland need their heads examined for the contracts that they handed out. Abby, Colo, Sammy, Mule are all mistakes.

Yes the last dozen games. Look at the stats and see what Pavs, Hank, Brunner have been doing. ANy during that stretch, Babcock has refused to change lines. Why not pput Pavel with Brunner? IS it that hard of a concept?

Why not take talent-less Abdelkader off of the top 2 lines completely. He's, at best, a 4th line mucker. It is beyond me why Babs is keeping him with Datsyuk. I'd rather see Andersson up there if you're looking to put size with Dats. Abdelkader is bringing Datsyuk down and these lines are not helping the team win.

Franzen is coasting, as usual. Nice giveaway tonight. Cleary cannot effectively battle on the boards anymore. Brunner is getting squeezed for space, Emmerton is doing nothing of any importance, drop him! Get rid of Franzen, Cleary, Abdelkader, and possibly White (although we need his right handedness).

Superstars and scorers find ways to score regardless of line-mates or coaches....ours don't!

Again I will mention....Dats against The Preds and Z against The blues.... That was incredible effort talent and heart and we havent seen it since.

Not one Wing has stood out in last 3 games....even in losing games we should still be talking about 1 or. 2 wings that whooped ass but we never do or can!

MAybe everyone is injured?

I'm suprised not many have mentioned Brunner and Z these past few games. Z has two points in the last 8 games, one on the PP and one on the EN goal. These are the players the Wings expect to score goals and they haven't produced. IMO it's a total team effort, but I don't understand all of the hate towards players who weren't signed to score 20+ goals a season when those who are paid to score 20+ goals a season haven't been producing either.

I agree. However, I don't think it has anything to do with "getting it". Tatar was effective because he plays a tenacious north/south game and keeps his feet moving. Nyquist plays on the perimeter because he's an east/west player who relies too heavily on stickwork and fancy pants puckhandling to create chances. That's VERY hard to do effectively at the NHL level with any success. Until he moves his legs and goes to areas where the big boys play he'll be relatively ineffective. Tatar doesn't have that problem because he's a tougher kid.

I think he will take an extended amount of time to fit in the lineup. However, I don't think the Wings will have that time this season. I think a full training camp will help him next year.

Why not take talent-less Abdelkader off of the top 2 lines completely. He's, at best, a 4th line mucker. It is beyond me why Babs is keeping him with Datsyuk. I'd rather see Andersson up there if you're looking to put size with Dats. Abdelkader is bringing Datsyuk down and these lines are not helping the team win.

Franzen is coasting, as usual. Nice giveaway tonight. Cleary cannot effectively battle on the boards anymore. Brunner is getting squeezed for space, Emmerton is doing nothing of any importance, drop him! Get rid of Franzen, Cleary, Abdelkader, and possibly White (although we need his right handedness

Franzen is coasting, as usual. Nice giveaway tonight. Cleary cannot effectively battle on the boards anymore. Brunner is getting squeezed for space, Emmerton is doing nothing of any importance, drop him! Get rid of Franzen, Cleary, Abdelkader, and possibly White (although we need his right handedness).

yeah Babs can't use the "we have too many injuries" excuse to keep his effed up line combos going, there are enough healthy bodies to put together a line-up that makes sense now, and yet he keeps defying all logic

anyone ever see that Simpsons episode where all the kids are playing pee-wee football, and Homer is the coach and keeps putting Bart in at starting QB even though he sucks and doesn't even want to be there? I wonder if eventually Abby will ask Babs to put him back on the 4th line

Well at least I got to see the Wings break a mark of futility that had stood for 85 years. Other than that this was a pathetic effort. I think this was about the 17th or so time I've seen this team live and this was by FAR the worst effort I've seen. I knew as soon as DisGustavsson was in they were done. Might as well go for the shame trifecta on Friday.

What a joke. Calgary, seriously? Surprise, our defense rears it's ugly head. Smith was awful in particular. I wish the stat sheet showed how many terrible chip into the neutral zone giveaways occurred. Can we make an outlet pass please? Team effort was terrible, and Monster sure didn't bail us out of anything. And I wish people would quit spouting the same nonsense on these boards about Abdelkader, Cleary, and Franzen. By far not our biggest problems. Abdelkader had a pretty good game, even if he looks out of place on the 2nd line. Cleary looked great in a 3rd line position. Franzen missed the net way too many times but was no worse than the rest of this team.

Can't wait until we play an elite team so we can win a game, because playing bad teams is impossible for is.

Monster was awful. The defense is the problem, they can't move the puck out of the zone clean......ever. passes into skates, passes to far in front or behind. Kronwall stinks and the rest are very very ugly to watch. There are so many small things wrong with this team that it's hard to know what needs to be fixed the most. Babcock and Holland need their heads examined for the contracts that they handed out. Abby, Colo, Sammy, Mule are all mistakes.

Exactly, how many of their goals game off turnovers when we were trying to break out? 4? OK, one of them was a lack of effort from Franzen, but still.

Very bad defensive breakdowns but at some point your goalie has to make a save. May have been the worst game all year by the Wings. So frustrating to watch.

Wait, I thought the last game was the worst game of the year... lol

it's like Franzen's floating has become contagious

the whole team is in a trance

and Babs just stands there with his scowl and steely gaze, wondering why it's not working....

I'm wondering what happens when we don't make the playoffs.... Wholesale personnel changes or coach firing? Frankly, I'm hoping for both and Kenny don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out as well.

Wait, I thought the last game was the worst game of the year... lol

I'm wondering what happens when we don't make the playoffs.... Wholesale personnel changes or coach firing? Frankly, I'm hoping for both and Kenny don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out as well.

I think you will see about 15% of the members on this forum leave before Kenny will be fired after this disaster of a season is done.

From Detroit News:

"To me, that was a disturbing loss because all we had to do was continue to do things right and you win the game, and whether we don't have the maturity as a group or the stick-to-it-iveness, there's no sense in what happened here tonight," Babcock said. "Because we had the puck, they couldn't get the puck, and when you go through their goals, we just gave it to them."

At one point, Babcock was so upset he simply told the media, "Ask them!" when questioned about how so many mistakes could occur.

"We have to have a look at ourselves as a group, and the message has to get very clear that if you don't look after the puck, there's no use in playing — and that right there is ridiculous," Babcock said. "Why would you force anything? We had the puck all the time. Just take what's given to you."

To answer the obvious question: yes, the video is way better.

Edited by cusimano_brothers

Tatar and Nyquist would be good on a line together though cause their play styles would ultimately have chemistry. Put Andersson on there to be the big bod presence and you have scoring line #3 and a much tougher team to play against.