405 replies to this topic

#261 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

thank u thank u

i give credit where it's due.  good call.  now call his hat trick and see if you're his lucky charm.  :lol:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#262 PumpIron

PumpIron

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Ya, what happened to the Franzen with soft hands that would just dangle on a guy and rip a wrister under the bar?

Big contract happened $$$

#263 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

We better trade Filppula now his stock is good.

Wait...

#264 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

Yes, meaning he couldn't take the pass. But oh well, such things can happen, I don't blame him. And it turned out well.

game of bounces....  if the ice is soft it's like playing with a tennis ball.  

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#265 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

although Abdelkader is useless offensively at least he skates

Franzen have a seat

Cleary have a seat

get Tatar and Tootoo back in

#266 PumpIron

PumpIron

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

We better trade Filppula now his stock is good.

Wait...

He's gonna want a big contract now after that goal.

#267 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

2-2 after 2. We need this one badly..... Go Red Wings!

#268 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Iginla would look awesome in a Wings jersey on Dats' wing.

2-2 after 2. We need this one badly..... Go Red Wings!

Wings always seem to score the most goals in the 3rd period.  I guess that's why we complain often that they don't play 60 mins lol.

#269 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Another good period by the Wings and that 2nd powerplay unit was great at moving the puck, but also getting shots to the net. The first unit should take notes.

Also, I think it is time the Brunner/ Zetterberg experiment comes to an end. Yes they played overseas during the lockout and had chemistry, and had chemistry earlier in this young season, but lately they have been getting nothing done together. More than that, Brunner looks like he is just trying to do too much and Hank has been making some off passes. A simple mix of the lines is the solution here.

Filpulla- Datsyuk- Brunner

Nyqust- Zetterberg- Franzen

Fil and Pavel are the 2 best forwards out there tonight and both guys can get Brunner set up for shots and allow Brunner to simplify his game. I have always believed that Franzen plays better with Hank and Nyquist would add some nice speed to the line. I really wish Babcock would consider this.

#270 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Big contract happened $$$

exactly, ever since he got his lifetime contract his numbers have slowly gotten smaller and smaller, he's like Pedro Cerrano from Major League II now, floating ineffectually around the ice like Cerrano wandered aimlessly around the field

#271 PumpIron

PumpIron

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

I agree split Z and Brunner, Dats Brunner sounds better on paper as well

#272 WINGS & FLOW

WINGS & FLOW

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Another good period by the Wings and that 2nd powerplay unit was great at moving the puck, but also getting shots to the net. The first unit should take notes.

Also, I think it is time the Brunner/ Zetterberg experiment comes to an end. Yes they played overseas during the lockout and had chemistry, and had chemistry earlier in this young season, but lately they have been getting nothing done together. More than that, Brunner looks like he is just trying to do too much and Hank has been making some off passes. A simple mix of the lines is the solution here.

Filpulla- Datsyuk- Brunner

Nyqust- Zetterberg- Franzen

Fil and Pavel are the 2 best forwards out there tonight and both guys can get Brunner set up for shots and allow Brunner to simplify his game. I have always believed that Franzen plays better with Hank and Nyquist would add some nice speed to the line. I really wish Babcock would consider this.

It would be nice to see a sniper on Datz wing for a change

#273 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

I agree split Z and Brunner, Dats Brunner sounds better on paper as well

I know right, our best playmaker with our best sniper

Babs should at least give it a shot for a few shifts anyway

#274 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

At this rate I would be happy with just someone with a combination of skill and will. Cleary had will but no skill and Franzen has skill but no will. Lol.

#275 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Agreed with both.  Get Brunner on with Dats.  Wings should call Dallas and see what it would take to get Loui Eriksson to play with Z and Franzen.  That line was awesome in the WC and Franzen played great too.  that's about the only way I would trade Nyquist is if we got a player of that caliber back.

#276 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Karma for your earlier dive, Hudler

I used those very same words, yelling at the TV from my recliner.  Neener, neener, Huds.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#277 WINGS & FLOW

WINGS & FLOW

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

At this rate I would be happy with just someone with a combination of skill and will. Cleary had will but no skill and Franzen has skill but no will. Lol.

:lol: Z is getting chances tonight, would like too see them together for a few shifts in the 3rd (Datz & Z)

Edited by WINGS & FLOW, 13 March 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#278 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Iginla would look awesome in a Wings jersey on Dats' wing.

Wings always seem to score the most goals in the 3rd period.  I guess that's why we complain often that they don't play 60 mins lol.

The 2nd is our best period for scoring this year. 3rd is very low however........ OT here we come.......

#279 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

What ever happened to the "4rd" joke?

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#280 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

I used those very same words, yelling at the TV from my recliner.  Neener, neener, Huds.

I should be on my recliner with my sore back and a playoff game tomorrow, but i've been leaning forward typing and watching hockey all night while also playing Mass Effect 3...sucker for punishment i guess.  :nhl_crach: <----- me tomorrow.