• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

The Red Wings Kryptonite

Rate this topic

The Red Wings kryptonite is a relatively low skill team that....

1. Skates hard the entire game
  2. Hits a Red Wing player EVERY chance they get
  3. Gives them NO space in all three zones

Forecheck and backcheck the hell out of this team and they turn to jello.

Nashville perfected it. Calgary and Columbus have embraced it.

:nhl_crach:

It's been that way for quite a few years even when we were good. Key is Babcock would get our team up and ready for the big games/playoffs. Problem is the roster doesn't have the talent to coast any longer and we're getting exposed.

It's an interesting dynamic to me that the more skilled teams in this league aren't nearly as high pressure.

But I guess if you have more skill, you feel you have less of a need to play high pressure in all the zones.

I thought this was going to be about teams wanting to score against the Wings.

Score....defeat....what's the difference?

Hard work goes a long way.

Doesn't this make any team win? I mean... playing a full 60 minutes, playing a sound game within all 3 zones, and grinding down, that just sounds like any team that wants to win. It isn't just the Red Wings kryptonite, it's the kryptonite for every team.

Doesn't this make any team win? I mean... playing a full 60 minutes, playing a sound game within all 3 zones, and grinding down, that just sounds like any team that wants to win. It isn't just the Red Wings kryptonite, it's the kryptonite for every team.

I'm more or less talking about the scrappy teams.

We don't look NEARLY as bad against teams like the Canucks and Blackhawks who rely more on skill than the teams I'm referring to. Those kind of teams will give us more space because they don't need to rely on athleticism and effort to win.

I mean, let's face it: look at the last 3 games and you will find one constant---->our guys are given no space and are harassed in all 3 zones.

I'm more or less talking about the scrappy teams.

We don't look NEARLY as bad against teams like the Canucks and Blackhawks who rely more on skill than the teams I'm referring to. Those kind of teams will give us more space because they don't need to rely on athleticism and effort to win.

I mean, let's face it: look at the last 3 games and you will find one constant---->our guys are given no space and are harassed in all 3 zones.

I think that more of less has to do with the mindframe of the team. For the past 22 seasons they have gotten into the playoffs, for the majority of the cast, they have taken that for granted. They think they can just coast against these teams and magically make the playoffs. As much as it would hurt to miss the playoffs and not have the Wings in there, I think it would be a wide awakening for numerous players that they need to fight for it (these past games, and this season should've sent the same message but obviously didn't). It's one of my principles for mixing Veterans with youth injection. The youth and inexperienced players are the spark, ignition to the engine. They provide the motivation and the energy, the heart, the passion, the drive for the championship. The Veterans are the calmness, the experience, they can help teach the new ones what their mistakes are, and to provide them with more confidence. You have a perfect mix of that, and you will be deadly. I can agree that right now, we just don't have enough drive. I just want to punch a wall when I think of Franzen's work ethic. I've just never seen someone seem like they just don't simply care, especially getting paid millions a season... I don't care how front loaded, or how much you're making now; you signed the contract, fulfill it *******.

Doesn't help that when the Wings go East they will be seeing more teams that play that way on a regular basis...

Physicality wise, the East is rougher; Defensively I would say the East is weaker. The West seems to play more of a defensive game while the East plays more of an offensive game.