• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
xBflinker

Datsyuk Leaving?!

Rate this topic

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

As for whether or not HF boards considers KK a "credible resource"? I care even less about that. Have a great night.

he cares about it so little that he signed up for hfboards today to defend his honor!

LOL

Ok. You just narrowed all reporting criteria across the board. Teammates, managers, coaches, GMs, agents...no one should be used as sources if they claim to "believe they know" what their player/friend/client employee is going to do. The opinion we based the post on is credible. We verified his thoughts by going back and asking if he was sure we were being accurate and passing his beliefs along accurately. He was sure.

I didn't do anything to reporting criteria across the board.

All I did was clarified that you have an unnamed "verified" source who is of the opinion that Datsyuk is definitely leaving when his contract is up.

People can make their own decisions about what that's worth.

Taken at face value if someone had asked me if I thought Datsyuk would head back to Russia after his contract expires, at the age he'll be then (and the state of the team at the time), I'd strongly lean toward yes. Ultimately the state of the team is going to weigh heavily on that decision: if the team makes move(s) necessary to keep the team as a legitimate Stanley Cup contender the "loyalty" card to do something like Lidstrom's play-it-by-year contract re-signings seems to be a strong possibility.

But the status quo of the last couple of seasons? Happy trails, Pavel, and enjoy the company of your daughter. Couldn't ask for more from him.

Taken at face value if someone had asked me if I thought Datsyuk would head back to Russia after his contract expires, at the age he'll be then (and the state of the team at the time), I'd strongly lean toward yes. Ultimately the state of the team is going to weigh heavily on that decision: if the team makes move(s) necessary to keep the team as a legitimate Stanley Cup contender the "loyalty" card to do something like Lidstrom's play-it-by-year contract re-signings seems to be a strong possibility.

But the status quo of the last couple of seasons? Happy trails, Pavel, and enjoy the company of your daughter. Couldn't ask for more from him.

I doubt this will spur Kenny to make any moves. He's like a frog in a boiling pot.

I don't care if he's leaving or not, datsyuk only ever wears the winged wheel in the NHL

I sure as hell care if he leaves, call me greedy but I want him here til he retires. I haven't had my career fill of Pav yet. I'm still recovering from the losses of Lidstrom and Yzerman.

It's great that you've been blogging for the past 8 years, and it's great that you didn't cite a source within your article. Listen, I've had a friend sit in at a dinner with a current Wings player that straight up told him that we were getting Ryan Suter locked for sure last season, you see where that went? You can't trust anyone. Everything is here say until we actually get it from someone reliable and it HAPPENS, get the second part, HAPPENS. I too, can sit here can tell you that I have an outstanding source that says Pavel Datsyuk said you're full of s***. Wanna see who can cite their sources first? There's a reason why Kuklas Korner isn't a verifying source on HFBoards, it's because you've "broken" more s*** than you can handle.

I am a verified source at HF Boards, you may want to check again.

I have no idea what datsyuk is going to do. Leave or stay, up to him. But a few thoughts. Why did Stuart leave? Family. Where is datsyuk's family? Russia. if any of you have ever had to work out of town for anything more than a month, you know how much you miss your family. All the money in the world doesn't make up for missing first steps, first words, first day of school, first dates, teaching your kids on a daily basis of how to be good people. In the end, his family will be the deciding factor. Can they wait 1, 2, 3 more years? None of us know the answer to that question.

Now, regardless of what he is going to do, there is one other person that better know, and know real soon what datsyuk is going to do: Holland. The next 18 months are going to be very important to the RW's for the next decade. He had better have agood plan. He sure didn't seem to have much of one when Nick left.

he cares about it so little that he signed up for hfboards today to defend his honor!

LOL

As opposed to what? You guys were ripping the site so why shouldn't I jump in and defend it? I'm definitely not above a little message board give and take.

Guest irishock

This isn't a charity. It's a business. And if they can sell a guy and get a return on him instead of just giving him away to the KHL or FA then they will.

No s*** it's not a charity. You don't shop a star unless he's already told the team that he's not returning after the season, and that the current squad has no chance for a cup. If Kenny strikes a #1 D and a sniper, the Wings are right back in the hunt for the Stanley Cup. I rather go all in for the 2014 cup than get low value for a guy who everyone knows will not stay in the NHL after the season.

Edited by irishock

I mostly just read the forums, I never really post. But why in the world can't the Red Wings find a real top 6 wing to play with Datz??? I mean the guy even ask for it pretty much, along with Babs calling it out last season play-offs. You would think that most free agents or anyone would jump at the chance to play on the wing with Datz. Every night I see Abs and Cleary line up along the side of Datz, my brain breaks. The Wings have had like 3-4 Seasons now to find him anything better then Cleary or Abs, it really shouldn't be that hard. This almost reminds me of the Flames with Ignila, which is another sad story. The Wings found someone to play with Z its overdue to find someone to play with Datz. I also feel if the Wings have any chance of keeping him longer then next year they gotta make this happen now rather then later. But in the end I guess the Wings have had 3-4 seasons to get a lot of things done but haven't. The way they been playing I can say for sure right now without Datz, you'll see even fewer people at the "sold out Joe Louis Arena". This has me feeling pretty down when I watch the Wings play to tell the truth. Anyways sorry If I went off topic.

I'll agree that the part about Babcock's complete ineptitude and borderline drunken judgment calls to keep Abdelkader and Cleary on a line with Datsyuk as being reasons for his departure? That's speculation on my part. Guaranteed. The part about him leaving after his contract expires? That is not and it's been verified.

Edit: when I say "verified" I mean we went back to the person who gave us that information and asked if he was comfortable with us using it.

Oh so he's comfortable letting you use the info... as long as you don't reveal who said it. Sounds like a reliable source to me (SARCASM) Seriously are you joking? My respect for KK just dropped immensely

Edited by number9

Detroit will be screwed once Datsyuk leaves. The Wings have the system right now to win a cup. They have lots of prospects, cap space, and the core to make it happen either this year or next year. Holland is too scared to make any moves, he seems pretty content with the way things have gone the last 3 years. Babcock is losing is marbles and making terrible decisions. The problem with the Wings right now is coaching and management.

If Holland would make the changes needed, and Babcock would read the writing on the wall that multiple players are USELESS, this would be a different team.

I mostly just read the forums, I never really post. But why in the world can't the Red Wings find a real top 6 wing to play with Datz??? I mean the guy even ask for it pretty much, along with Babs calling it out last season play-offs. You would think that most free agents or anyone would jump at the chance to play on the wing with Datz. Every night I see Abs and Cleary line up along the side of Datz, my brain breaks. The Wings have had like 3-4 Seasons now to find him anything better then Cleary or Abs, it really shouldn't be that hard. This almost reminds me of the Flames with Ignila, which is another sad story. The Wings found someone to play with Z its overdue to find someone to play with Datz. I also feel if the Wings have any chance of keeping him longer then next year they gotta make this happen now rather then later. But in the end I guess the Wings have had 3-4 seasons to get a lot of things done but haven't. The way they been playing I can say for sure right now without Datz, you'll see even fewer people at the "sold out Joe Louis Arena". This has me feeling pretty down when I watch the Wings play to tell the truth. Anyways sorry If I went off topic.

You act like he's been playing with Abby and Cleary for years, it was a handful games while some guys were injured. Over the last few years he's typically had players like Zetterberg, Franzen, Hudler, Filppula, Bertuzzi, and Holmstrom. None of them were bad.

The idea that Pav would consider his linemates for one short stretch of season in his decision-making is beyond preposterous. I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't want to stick around for a rebuild when he won't likely last long enough to enjoy its fruits, but I'd be shocked to learn that he's such a diva that he'd be particularly concerned about his linemates for a dozen or so games.

If this is true I find it very depressing. I just hope the Wings can convince Datsyuk to stay until he's 40.

One more thing: this rumour was pretty prevalent coming out of the lock-out based on how much Dats said he enjoyed his experience in the KHL. I'm hoping the time he spends back in Detroit and the NHL reminds him how much he loves this league.

I've been blogging for 8 years...

Sorry, but I read: I've been publishing my opinion for 8 years.

I don't doubt that Pavel MAY leave after his contract is over, but some of the reasons given are a bit suspect (East is scary, etc.) We've known that to be a big possibility for about 2 years now. That doesn't make any of us an expert nor should it be presented as fact.

As opposed to what? You guys were ripping the site so why shouldn't I jump in and defend it? I'm definitely not above a little message board give and take.

Thank god. A great blogger willing to interact with we, the unwashed.

I say don't shop him. Let him leave the NHL as a Wing.

I would almost rather not get anything for him than trade him and watch him suit up for another team. I'm sure he'd command the moon but I never want to see him in another jersey.