• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
xBflinker

Datsyuk Leaving?!

Rate this topic

Me too. Are we related?

I don't care what we could get for him. He's given us enough years, thrills, goals, and fun sound bites that the man deserves to go out as he pleases.

Even if he's cool with a trade, I don't want another team to have his talent against us.

Not to mention that I don't want another team getting him and then we lose to them in the first round, which would be our luck.

I agree totally. We must be related.

The only and I mean ONLY way I'd trade datsyuk in his last year would be if he came and asked us to trade him to the contender of his choice. I wouldn't shop him around.

Really, all this talk of letting him walk at the end of his contract for nothing vs. trading him to restock the cupboard is nothing but a thought exercise. Even if Kenny already knows that Pavel is going to walk after 2014 & go back to Russia, I doubt he would have the balls to pull the trigger on a trade anyway.

I wouldn't worry about anything coming from 97.1. Literally you, myself, and anyone who reads this message board and/or HFboards knows more about hockey than those dolts.

Aside fromt that, all they're really doing is reiterating the Kukla's Korner article. No new information.

lol I wasn't taking it seriously at all

Pasha has nothing left to prove here, a theke is named after him, the guy has won Stanley Cups and is easily one of the best hockey players and took a huge paycut to re-sign in Detroit. So whatever he decides to do, I won't hold it up against him. I am sure, he is missing his friends and family, so enjoy his last season.

If Dats continues to be stuck with the likes of Cleary and Abs I hope he goes back to Russia. I feel bad for him getting stuck with those two plugs.

See my comment, he wanted to play on a line with them.

Datsyuk said Franzen delivered the pass “like mailbox.''

And the quote from Nev. Pasha still has his joke side, and obviously still enjoying playing in Detroit. Does this change anything? Not really but people can stop saying he's not joking and having a miserable time. He wanted Abby on his line and I'm sure he's glad to have mule on his side. Another example of we simply don't know as fans. We want to say he's miserable with his linemates and we're wrong. We wanna say he's not having fun and being his normal self... he's joking and kidding around the past two days. His daughter will and always has been the main element so it doesn't change. We just have to wait and see what he wants to do at the end here.

See my comment, he wanted to play on a line with them.

Of course he is going to say that. The guys is a great team player. Hes not going to say "These guys are terrible and I would benefit from playing with someone other than the worst two forwards on our team this year" no matter how much he may think it.

I don't know why, maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but something deep inside tells me he's not quite ready to leave yet. I will probably be doing some heavy duty begging and groveling when I see him this fall, but I just don't think he's quite to the point yet where he's going to go away. Like I say, maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, who knows.

If (and when) Datsyuk leaves, it will be on his own terms. It's pure speculation as to when and why, but I've seen other elite players make a move because the club doesn't get them the help they need to play up to the standards to which they hold themselves. It's got to be a grind for Pasha. A couple of times this year (last night being one of them), you could almost see on his face: "I have to do this, or no one else will... "

His daughter is in Russia after his divorce, so I can see him leaving to be near her. He's a freaking rock star over there, and can play wherever he wants for as long as he wants, and live like a king in Mother Russia. As if Feds wouldn't give up some precious body part, to get Pasha back?

From what I know of Datsyuk as a player, he will probably be loyal and retire a Red Wing, rather than go to some other NHL club. My heart couldn't take seeing him in another club's jersey, personally. I seriously doubt he's leaving because he's scared of being in the East. ;)

I hope he stays a few more seasons, but like someone else posted, I don't entertain unrealistic (wishful) notions that he will be a Wing until he's 50. I think missing the playoffs, should that happen, will be a catalyst one way or the other re: his departure.

Of course he is going to say that. The guys is a great team player. Hes not going to say "These guys are terrible and I would benefit from playing with someone other than the worst two forwards on our team this year" no matter how much he may think it.

No, but if he didn't ask to play with them, he wouldn't say anything at all, it's obvious he asked for it, because as soon as flip came back cleary went down to 3rd line and abby stayed on dats' wing to open room up for him

What has become interesting is, over the last 48 hours now, every RW forum, reporter covering the Wings etc.... has talked about this story. Yet not one word from Holland, datsyuk etc..... Sometimes silence is deafening........

Guest DeGraa55

Holland better step up and so what needs to be done. Extension PR trade before deadline.

Here's a thought: Can Mr. I just foot the bill to move the entire city that Pavel's daughter lives in to somewhere in Michigan? Instead of Pavel going back to Russia, let's bring Russia to him.

Listen Greektown, we need Russia town! MOVE!

I'll tell you what, it sure was nice to see that wonderful smile on his face after the Edmonton game. I've been missing that smile lately.

Here's a thought: Can Mr. I just foot the bill to move the entire city that Pavel's daughter lives in to somewhere in Michigan? Instead of Pavel going back to Russia, let's bring Russia to him.

Hahaha...lets make it happen. There's more than enough dead space in Detroit to fit a small Russian city. Get er done Mr. I.

This is crap. If you were Pavel, would you go the the Red Wings brass and tell then that you are definitely leaving 1 1/2 years from now? No. He may have told them that he was thinking about it. That would not surprise anybody. But no way he has even made the decision.

I am sure that is something Mr. Orr would consider in his Emergency Plan for the city. Create a small area of Detroit for Russian immigrants. We already have Greek Town, Mexican Town, Hamtramck....why not a Russian sect to the city? Belle Isle anyone?

I pose it as a question because I don't have a link to a printed source, but I've now heard this mentioned on tv twice. Once by NHLN and once by CBC. Both said that Datsyuk made a request to Babcock, with all the injuries, to keep Abdelkader on his line because Abs provides what Dats wants, and keeps it simple. If true, this sure makes a lot of those comments about Dats suffering/wanting to return to Russia/'surely upset and angry' seem quite silly.

Its also mentioned by Ken and Mickey on fsd