• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
xBflinker

Datsyuk Leaving?!

Rate this topic

I pose it as a question because I don't have a link to a printed source, but I've now heard this mentioned on tv twice. Once by NHLN and once by CBC. Both said that Datsyuk made a request to Babcock, with all the injuries, to keep Abdelkader on his line because Abs provides what Dats wants, and keeps it simple. If true, this sure makes a lot of those comments about Dats suffering/wanting to return to Russia/'surely upset and angry' seem quite silly.

Its also mentioned by Ken and Mickey on fsd

It's not so bad having 1 of Abs/Cleary, but both is just absurd. If the line was Z-Dats-Abs then it would have the Z-Dats-Homer effect, but with Cleary on the other Wing, it's just Mike Babcock pulling shenanigans with his lines.

"Obviously, I've heard the rumors," Holland told NHL.com. "I have not had any real conversation with [Datsyuk] or his agent, Gary Greenstein. Gary lives in California and I just saw him the other day. Basically we're going to sit down at the conclusion of this season, before Pav goes home. I don't know what will come out of it."

Red Wings fans are hoping a new contract is generated, and Holland also hopes that's the case. He just doesn't know if it's likely to happen at the moment.

"We'll talk before he goes home sometime in June, but anything beyond that is speculation and rumors," Holland said. "Nobody's told me anything. They haven't told me they're staying or going. I haven't asked either. We hope he wants to stay, but I'm certainly aware there's a professional league in Russia and they pay their players well. Beyond that, I don't know."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=662748

Datsyuk already gave 2 years of his prime to the KHL cause of the garbage lockouts. We need Dats to help push for a cup we'll be in contention for in 2015 and help turn many of our prospects into top caliber players, namely Jurco, Frk, Tatar, and Athaniesou while Z grooms the likes of Jarnkrok, Nyquist and Tvrdon. This is just me hoping he stays and helps build the future and win a cup in 2 years from now when our young guys are stepping up to the plate.

This is crap. If you were Pavel, would you go the the Red Wings brass and tell then that you are definitely leaving 1 1/2 years from now? No. He may have told them that he was thinking about it. That would not surprise anybody. But no way he has even made the decision.

Sure hope so.

Some new updates on Datsyuk....

23. Pavel Datsyuk's agent, Gary Greenstin, was in Toronto visiting client Mikhail Grabovski. We talked about rumours Datsyuk will play the last year of his contract next season, then go back to Russia. Greenstin said he'd just been in Detroit and talked with Ken Holland. He wouldn't go too deeply into those conservations, but it did sound like they discussed the possibility of an extension. (Datsyuk cannot sign anything until July 5.) He added that if Datsyuk stays, it will be with the Red Wings. "Playing with one team is very important to him."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2013/04/30-thoughts-craig-mactavish-poised-to-shake-up-oilers.html

http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/hockey-thoughts-on-a-tuesday-afternoon1

Some new updates on Datsyuk....

23. Pavel Datsyuk's agent, Gary Greenstin, was in Toronto visiting client Mikhail Grabovski. We talked about rumours Datsyuk will play the last year of his contract next season, then go back to Russia. Greenstin said he'd just been in Detroit and talked with Ken Holland. He wouldn't go too deeply into those conservations, but it did sound like they discussed the possibility of an extension. (Datsyuk cannot sign anything until July 5.) He added that if Datsyuk stays, it will be with the Red Wings. "Playing with one team is very important to him."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2013/04/30-thoughts-craig-mactavish-poised-to-shake-up-oilers.html

http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/hockey-thoughts-on-a-tuesday-afternoon1

Just about to post this myself.

Encouraging news.

Guest DeGraa55

If dats stays...first I'll be glad I'm wrong. But if he gets an extension I got to think fil will be gone for sure thdn .

Guest The Axe

Datsyuk is the LAST thing Wings fans need to worry about. Nick Lidstrom said he wanted to be in Sweden with his family for how many years? This is just TALK that ensures contract negotiations go in the player's/agent's favor. What do you think they are going to say? "I will sign with Detroit no matter what. Even if its for more years and less money. As long as I get to be a Red Wing." Use your heads, people. Simple posturing.

Datsyuk is the LAST thing Wings fans need to worry about. Nick Lidstrom said he wanted to be in Sweden with his family for how many years? This is just TALK that ensures contract negotiations go in the player's/agent's favor. What do you think they are going to say? "I will sign with Detroit no matter what. Even if its for more years and less money. As long as I get to be a Red Wing." Use your heads, people. Simple posturing.

I was just going to post just that. People around here actually buy that nonsense about, "oh, I am going to quit the NHL early"...really, how many capable players ever actually do that?

Like x 1e^10000000000

I was just going to post just that. People around here actually buy that nonsense about, "oh, I am going to quit the NHL early"...really, how many capable players ever actually do that?

Like x 1e^10000000000

*cough*Scott Niedermayer*cough*

It'd be easier to give your arguments more serious consideration if you didn't include them with insults.

With Lidstrom it was about raising his kids in Sweden. With Datsyuk it's different because he has a daughter in Russia right now that he barely gets to see.

I guess it is nothing to worry about because Stuart had a similar situation and he stayed. Oh... wait...

Will his agent try to use the potential of him going to the KHL as leverage? Of course.

But to dismiss this as entirely posturing ignores the fact he really does have a daughter there who he never gets to spend time with. A parent wanting to be closer to their child instead of halfway around the world for most of the year runs a little deeper than simple posturing.

Like x 1e^10000000000

Jagr?

He came back but left for the KHL as a 35 year old with plenty of ability left, as we can see now.

As I stated before, of course Datsyuk's agent will use the situation but he really does have a daughter in Russia who it sounds like he gets to see for only a week or two a year. When you throw a kid into the equation, I think it's more than just posturing.

It'd be much easier to give your points serious consideration if you didn't include them with insults.

With Lidstrom it was about raising his kids in Sweden. With Datsyuk it's different because he has a daughter in Russia right now that he barely gets to see.

I guess it is nothing to worry about because Stuart had a similar situation and he stayed. Oh... wait...

Will his agent try to use the potential of him going to the KHL as leverage? Of course.

But to dismiss this as entirely posturing ignores the fact he really does have a daughter there who he never gets to spend time with. A parent wanting to be closer to their child instead of halfway around the world for most of the year runs a little deeper than simple posturing.

Nonetheless, Datysuk is divorced. I highly doubt he single handedly wants his ex-wife to be in sole possession of his daughter, and only be the one to experience her growing up. She's 11 now (IIRC) and will be getting into more and more things. As a father Datsyuk would love to see his daughter on a more consistent basis. He is her WORLD. If you saw any of the videos he posted with her while he was playing during the lockout... oh my god. The guy just loves her, and she loves her daddy. She loves watching him play, and i'm sure she would more than love to have him back in her life on a more consistent basis. As it's been discussed on here, he would still be away from his daughter, but it would be around 5-7 hours instead of across the world.

Stuart did have a similar situation, as his wives ex-husband wouldn't allow them to gain full custody. Without that, he held the kid within the state and restricted Stuart from ever moving his family to Detroit. It was the sole reason why he had to go to California, and not stay with Detroit. Because of this, you can see similarities and differences with the given situations.

Anyways, did anyone else see what Pasha posted this morning via tweeter and facebook?

"Morning backyard Soccer"

533865_447973055284766_1574927926_n.jpg

Nonetheless, Datysuk is divorced. I highly doubt he single handedly wants his ex-wife to be in sole possession of his daughter, and only be the one to experience her growing up. She's 11 now (IIRC) and will be getting into more and more things. As a father Datsyuk would love to see his daughter on a more consistent basis. He is her WORLD. If you saw any of the videos he posted with her while he was playing during the lockout... oh my god. The guy just loves her, and she loves her daddy. She loves watching him play, and i'm sure she would more than love to have him back in her life on a more consistent basis. As it's been discussed on here, he would still be away from his daughter, but it would be around 5-7 hours instead of across the world.

Stuart did have a similar situation, as his wives ex-husband wouldn't allow them to gain full custody. Without that, he held the kid within the state and restricted Stuart from ever moving his family to Detroit. It was the sole reason why he had to go to California, and not stay with Detroit. Because of this, you can see similarities and differences with the given situations.

Wait, are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? :lol:

That was my main point. Not so much the specifics of the Stuart situation, but it's a father who was separated from family. It sounds like Datsyuk gets very limited time with his daughter because she's back in Russia most of the year. I can't dismiss the opportunity to be close to his daughter as simple posturing.

Hold up, noob on the datsyuk personal life here... when did datsyuk divorce his wife? It has to have been in the past few years cuz I remember seeing her with him in the states after they won the cup in 08.. unless that was a girlfriend or something? Anyone know the reason for divorce?

Wait, are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? :lol:

That was my main point. Not so much the specifics of the Stuart situation, but it's a father who was separated from family. It sounds like Datsyuk gets very limited time with his daughter because she's back in Russia most of the year. I can't dismiss the opportunity to be close to his daughter as simple posturing.

Haha completely agreeing. Just elaborating more for the pleasure of typing.

Hold up, noob on the datsyuk personal life here... when did datsyuk divorce his wife? It has to have been in the past few years cuz I remember seeing her with him in the states after they won the cup in 08.. unless that was a girlfriend or something? Anyone know the reason for divorce?

That was she at the Cup parade. They divorced quietly some time afterwards. I know I heard that she wanted to go back home. I also read that they wanted Elizabeth educated in Russia since that is where they'd be living after Pavel was done playing.

As to the reason for the divorce, all I heard was that she wanted to go home. Anything else is something they have chosen to keep private.

She's a beautiful girl. I don't blame them for wanting to have more time together. The years do go fast.