• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
xBflinker

Datsyuk Leaving?!

Rate this topic

We all knew this day would come, but sounds like Dats may be leaving sooner than expected. Why would he ever want to leave when he's playing with top notch talent like abby?!

http://kuklaskorner.com/a2y/comments/source-in-detroit-datsyuks-got-one-year-left

I was just talking to fixxxer about this on the phone haha

two answers to that;

He's always stated that he wanted to finish his career in Russia but currently, everyone is saying he is resigning for a 1-2 year extension. Larry Murphy believes he'll sign another 4 years but that's just insane. This lockout took a pretty big toll on him as he got to play hockey and spend time with his daughter. He was posting pictures of him and his daughter non-stop, and during interviews kept saying how nice it was to be home with his daughter and playing the sport he loves. He loved being around the Russian culture, and language again, especially when playing hockey. He quietly got divorced years ago, and currently has a new girlfriend that he had brought to the NHL Awards last year. In the end; this last lockout really took a toll on him, but he feels unbelievable loyalty to Detroit. He consistently has said that if it wasn't for Detroit and the veterans he got to play with, he wouldn't be the player he is today. His agent has stated that Pasha feels very committed to Detroit and their fans, but I highly doubt we'll hold it against him if he does so choose to go play back in his homeland. He has provided this team with more than enough during his stay.

Ok ok ok..I have had enough of this chatter. This topic was brought to light when he was ACTUALLY playing in the KHL. Now with that being said, Datsyuk has said NUMEROUS times he would LIKE to end his career in Detroit and if that cant happen, he would finish in Russia.

So, with that being said, LOL, just b/c his contract is up in ONE year and quotes saying, "he likes playing in Russia," actually means hes going to end his career in Russia? It doesn't. Not one quote came out of his mouth saying, "In 2014, Im going back to Russia." 99.9% chance the Wings sign him to an extension and this whole Datsyuk going back to Russia non-sense can stop.

Reliable source...PSHH

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

can you blame him? he'll be on the first plane back to russia after the wings miss the playoffs next season.

I hate all this speculative bulls***! Sources close to me say I have a 12 foot dick!

Slow news day and a Wings embarrassing loss is recipe for blogger boredom and knee jerk bs.

So Dats wants to go out like Sanders BUT yet he will go to KHL for 3 years?

And this source just decided to reveal this info last night.

Please move this to the BS forum or at lease redundant rumour forum mods!

I'll say it despite probably getting flamed for it... If this really is the case, Holland better be quietly shopping Datsyuk to a small handful of teams who think they're one player away from being a lock for The Cup this season.

Alright, lets say Holland does start shopping him around, either this year or next, who do you think we would get in return that would be anywhere worth it?

Alright, lets say Holland does start shopping him around, either this year or next, who do you think we would get in return that would be anywhere worth it?

Perry.

This entire article makes sense. Datsyuk's career is dead because of Babcock and the nobodies he has him playing with. Holland is insisting that the players we have WHO ARE NOT PLAYING are the answers to our problems. Meanwhile, Datsyuk and Z are being beaten up and worked harder than they should.

I wouldn't blame him for leaving especially when he knows he will be paid at least twice as much in his home country.

Ultimately, I think a playoff run & one year of Datsyuk is the best trade chip that Holland has at his disposal right now if he wants to use it. If Paul Gaustad was worth a 1st round pick as simply a playoff rental, Pavel is worth that & much more. The Wings probably wouldn't get a top line scorer or #1 d-man back in the trade but who knows, maybe Anaheim (knowing they aren't going resign him) do a sign & trade with Corey Perry for example. At the very least though the Wings would get a good package of picks, prospects, and/or developing talent already in the NHL in order to restock the shelves so to speak. There simply isn't a single player in the organization now that would bring back as much value as Datsyuk would at this moment in my opinion, even with just a year & a half to go in the NHL if he truly does head back to Russia after next season.

In my mind, it comes down to what's more valuable: One last season with Datsyuk & then losing him for nothing or in essence selling off that year to bring in talent for years to come.

Edited by ogreslayer

a

Ultimately, I think a playoff run & one year of Datsyuk is the best trade chip that Holland has at his disposal right now if he wants to use it. If Paul Gaustad was worth a 1st round pick as simply a playoff rental, Pavel is worth that & much more. The Wings probably wouldn't get a top line scorer or #1 d-man back in the trade but who knows, maybe Anaheim (knowing they aren't going resign him) do a sign & trade with Corey Perry for example. At the very least though the Wings would get a good package of picks, prospects, and/or developing talent already in the NHL in order to restock the shelves so to speak. There simply isn't a single player in the organization now that would bring back as much value as Datsyuk would at this moment in my opinion, even with just a year & a half to go in the NHL if he truly does head back to Russia after next season.

If this is actually all true then it would be, but its all speculation at this point.

a

If this is actually all true then it would be, but its all speculation at this point.

It is but I can pretty much guarantee that if Pavs does head back to Russia at the end of next season & the Wings get nothing in return, the board with erupt with calls for Kenny's job. OK, actually that's a daily occurance anyways. I will say though that even if Pavs leaving is a lock & Kenny already knows it, I would be shocked given the history of making decisions based on sentimentality in the Wings organization if a trade were to actually happen.

It is but I can pretty much guarantee that if Pavs does head back to Russia at the end of next season & the Wings get nothing in return, the board with erupt with calls for Kenny's job. OK, actually that's a daily occurance anyways. I will say though that even if Pavs leaving is a lock & Kenny already knows it, I would be shocked given the history of making decisions based on sentimentality in the Wings organization if a trade were to actually happen.

I would rather have that last year and a half with Datsyuk then ship him off for a few picks and some prospects. I wouldn't even want Perry in return for him, I want Datsyuk to only play for the wings, cause I am just that selfish. If we aren't a cup contender with Datsyuk, we won't be with perry either, so if we have to rebuild anyways I want to at least see Datsyuk in the winged wheel for another year, I would cry if he was on another nhl team

Babcock needs to wake the hell up. These past dozen games since Pavel has had garbage playing with him, you can tell just by looking at him that he is frustrated and just not happy. If you want any chance of convincing him to sign an extra year or two even, then as a coach you need to start treating him like you should always have been treating him! Pavel Datsyuk should be playing with a goal scorer not pylons. Brunner and/ or Hank NEEDS to be playing with Pavel at all times so that they get going offensively and so Pavel enjoys the game. If one enjoys the game, they just might be inclined to stick around a bit longer. Imo, Pavel has not had a good line ever since Hossa left this team and Kenny and Babcock have not helped.

I can see his frustrations with his linemates over the last several seasons, as well as his desire to play in Russia more before hanging them up, but one point made in the article seems to make no sense: according to the article, Datsyuk sees the realignment as a reason to get out. Umm... What?

Datsyuk sees the realignment, knows the kind of nightly abuse he's going to take in the Eastern Conference and wants to "go out like Barry Sanders did." Healthy, in other words. And he wants to give the KHL a few years of brilliance. He wants his home country to see him while he still has magic left.

This makes me cry 'bullsh**', at least to the supposed source. So, he wants to leave because he is going to see greatly diminished travel against juggernauts like Montreal, Buffalo, Toronto, and Florida instead of Chicago, St. Louis, and Nashville? Obviously Boston is a bruiser, but I think overall, the teams the Wings have seen consistently out West, especially combined with the travel, is a much bigger bear than the Bruins (pun intended).

I don't doubt Pavel will leave earlier than we hoped, but the main, if not only reason, will be to play at home (with possibly better linemates), not avoid the realignment.

I'll say it despite probably getting flamed for it... If this really is the case, Holland better be quietly shopping Datsyuk to a small handful of teams who think they're one player away from being a lock for The Cup this season.

Someone had to bring it up. This is honestly no surprise to me, I will be truly surprised if he stay's to be honest. Once your kin is involved who can judge, all we can do is hope he has a career year au revoir.

I can see his frustrations with his linemates over the last several seasons, as well as his desire to play in Russia more before hanging them up, but one point made in the article seems to make no sense: according to the article, Datsyuk sees the realignment as a reason to get out. Umm... What?

This makes me cry 'bullsh**', at least to the supposed source. So, he wants to leave because he is going to see greatly diminished travel against juggernauts like Montreal, Buffalo, Toronto, and Florida instead of Chicago, St. Louis, and Nashville? Obviously Boston is a bruiser, but I think overall, the teams the Wings have seen consistently out West, especially combined with the travel, is a much bigger bear than the Bruins (pun intended).

I don't doubt Pavel will leave earlier than we hoped, but the main, if not only reason, will be to play at home (with possibly better linemates), not avoid the realignment.

I still think he's leaving, but not because of the "eastern conference punishment". That's just crazy.

Babcock needs to wake the hell up. These past dozen games since Pavel has had garbage playing with him, you can tell just by looking at him that he is frustrated and just not happy. If you want any chance of convincing him to sign an extra year or two even, then as a coach you need to start treating him like you should always have been treating him! Pavel Datsyuk should be playing with a goal scorer not pylons. Brunner and/ or Hank NEEDS to be playing with Pavel at all times so that they get going offensively and so Pavel enjoys the game. If one enjoys the game, they just might be inclined to stick around a bit longer. Imo, Pavel has not had a good line ever since Hossa left this team and Kenny and Babcock have not helped.

I wouldn't immediately say that because you have absolutely NO knowledge of how Pasha feels. I've seen him numerous times on the bench with a smile on his face, joking around with Abby, and generally looking like he has a lot of fun. We as fans simply don't know what the hell goes on daily. We don't. We don't know the conversations Babcock has with the players, we don't know how the locker room is. For all we know, Babcock could be perfectly explaining himself to Pasha why he has the linemates he has, and Pasha is more than okay with that. He knows he can handle a team by himself, he knows he can individually have enough skill and effort to carry a line, unfortunately he hasn't been able to do so. Some players get motivated when they are looked upon, other's can't. We simply just don't know what the hell is going on so we can't say stuff like this. This article, all of it, is just here say. Some of the closest people to the franchise and travel with the organization have said they personally think he will be signing on for years to come, Larry Murphy thinks he's going for four years, but that's simply just not going to happen in my eyes. I'm just saying, the guys who ACTUALLY spend time with the team, players, and all the supporting cast have been saying they see an extension, as all the fans who have absolutely no place with the team except rooting them on says, "HES NOT HAVING ANY FUN HES GOING BACK TO RUSSIA." Okay, well, i'm going to side with the opinion that actually has connections within the locker room, not a bunch of kids and adults that talk hockey over the internet.

I do really wonder if diminishing health plays into this too. I don't recall seeing Pavel knocked off the puck or even knocked down as much as it appears he is this season before.

I do really wonder if diminishing health plays into this too. I don't recall seeing Pavel knocked off the puck or even knocked down as much as it appears he is this season before.

I honestly think he's hindering an injury but doesn't want to let the team down. He knows how much he means to this team and him dropping out for games would put this team into a bigger tailspin than we are currently. Even in the shootout he simply went in and shot 5-hole, not even a single forehand backhand. He hasn't really been strong on the puck, faceoffs have been lacking, and overall he just seems... OFF. Not like, I can't play hockey anymore off but on the I can't play hockey at the level i'm supposed to due to an lingering injury off spectrum.

This is all just generated media hype. Just like Corey Perry trade rumors.

If you have brain cells, you should know that Corey Perry isn't going anywhere. With Anaheim's position in the standings, I doubt the thought of trading Perry has even crossed Murray's mind. It's all media generated speculation. They did the same thing last season with Parise and Suter, and neither player went anywhere.

In the media's eyes, it works like this:

[star Player] + [impending UFA Status] = [OMG POSSIBLE TRADE, QUICK WRITE IT ON PIERRE MCGUIRE'S CUE CARDS]

This whole Datsyuk to Russia thing is the same way...

[Tells Russian Media it Would Be Nice to Retire in Russia] + [Contract up in 2014] = [OMG KHL IN 2014]

Until I hear something more substantial, I just brush it off as media fodder.

Edited by DSM