• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#21 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Babcock needs to wake the hell up. These past dozen games since Pavel has had garbage playing with him, you can tell just by looking at him that he is frustrated and just not happy. If you want any chance of convincing him to sign an extra year or two even, then as a coach you need to start treating him like you should always have been treating him! Pavel Datsyuk should be playing with a goal scorer not pylons. Brunner and/ or Hank NEEDS to be playing with Pavel at all times so that they get going offensively and so Pavel enjoys the game. If one enjoys the game, they just might be inclined to stick around a bit longer. Imo, Pavel has not had a good line ever since Hossa left this team and Kenny and Babcock have not helped.

I wouldn't immediately say that because you have absolutely NO knowledge of how Pasha feels. I've seen him numerous times on the bench with a smile on his face, joking around with Abby, and generally looking like he has a lot of fun. We as fans simply don't know what the hell goes on daily. We don't. We don't know the conversations Babcock has with the players, we don't know how the locker room is. For all we know, Babcock could be perfectly explaining himself to Pasha why he has the linemates he has, and Pasha is more than okay with that. He knows he can handle a team by himself, he knows he can individually have enough skill and effort to carry a line, unfortunately he hasn't been able to do so. Some players get motivated when they are looked upon, other's can't. We simply just don't know what the hell is going on so we can't say stuff like this. This article, all of it, is just here say. Some of the closest people to the franchise and travel with the organization have said they personally think he will be signing on for years to come, Larry Murphy thinks he's going for four years, but that's simply just not going to happen in my eyes. I'm just saying, the guys who ACTUALLY spend time with the team, players, and all the supporting cast have been saying they see an extension, as all the fans who have absolutely no place with the team except rooting them on says, "HES NOT HAVING ANY FUN HES GOING BACK TO RUSSIA." Okay, well, i'm going to side with the opinion that actually has connections within the locker room, not a bunch of kids and adults that talk hockey over the internet. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#22 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

I can see his frustrations with his linemates over the last several seasons, as well as his desire to play in Russia more before hanging them up, but one point made in the article seems to make no sense: according to the article, Datsyuk sees the realignment as a reason to get out. Umm... What?

This makes me cry 'bullsh**', at least to the supposed source. So, he wants to leave because he is going to see greatly diminished travel against juggernauts like Montreal, Buffalo, Toronto, and Florida instead of Chicago, St. Louis, and Nashville? Obviously Boston is a bruiser, but I think overall, the teams the Wings have seen consistently out West, especially combined with the travel, is a much bigger bear than the Bruins (pun intended).

I don't doubt Pavel will leave earlier than we hoped, but the main, if not only reason, will be to play at home (with possibly better linemates), not avoid the realignment.

I do really wonder if diminishing health plays into this too.  I don't recall seeing Pavel knocked off the puck or even knocked down as much as it appears he is this season before.

#23 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

I do really wonder if diminishing health plays into this too.  I don't recall seeing Pavel knocked off the puck or even knocked down as much as it appears he is this season before.

I honestly think he's hindering an injury but doesn't want to let the team down. He knows how much he means to this team and him dropping out for games would put this team into a bigger tailspin than we are currently. Even in the shootout he simply went in and shot 5-hole, not even a single forehand backhand. He hasn't really been strong on the puck, faceoffs have been lacking, and overall he just seems... OFF. Not like, I can't play hockey anymore off but on the I can't play hockey at the level i'm supposed to due to an lingering injury off spectrum. 

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#24 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

I may not like the Red Wings,But I will miss Pavel Datsyuk in the nhl,He is a Great Player to watch.Nobody can Dangle the entire Predators Team like Datsyuk Can.

Best Of Luck in Future Datsyuk :notworthy:

#25 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

This is all just generated media hype. Just like Corey Perry trade rumors.

If you have brain cells, you should know that Corey Perry isn't going anywhere. With Anaheim's position in the standings, I doubt the thought of trading Perry has even crossed Murray's mind. It's all media generated speculation. They did the same thing last season with Parise and Suter, and neither player went anywhere.

In the media's eyes, it works like this:

[Star Player] + [Impending UFA Status] = [OMG POSSIBLE TRADE, QUICK WRITE IT ON PIERRE MCGUIRE'S CUE CARDS]

This whole Datsyuk to Russia thing is the same way...

[Tells Russian Media it Would Be Nice to Retire in Russia] + [Contract up in 2014] = [OMG KHL IN 2014]

Until I hear something more substantial, I just brush it off as media fodder.

Edited by DSM, 14 March 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#26 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Hope all the hits this article will get is worth it, cause the Korner is gonna get burned by this unsourced RUMOR if it turns out to be false next year.

#27 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

So Data has come out and admitted he is a soft euro P-ussy and cant hang with the bangers in the East and is taking his marbles and going home.

Yeah sure he did!!

BULLs***!!!

Geesus we get bored after losses.

Edited by beachwing, 14 March 2013 - 03:08 PM.

#28 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Possibly the biggest news story for one of the biggest hockey franchises ever is being broken by a fan blogger and not a legit news source? yeah, not buyin it.

#29 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Possibly the biggest news story for one of the biggest hockey franchises ever is being broken by a fan blogger and not a legit news source? yeah, not buyin it.

None the less, he's publishing this "rumor" during a shortened season when Pavel has a full season on deck still. If this was published this time next year and he still wasn't signed to an extension, yeah I could see it being something but this guy is just getting attention and people are biting on it like it's bait. Wait until he actually has to sign something to make stupid articles like this. The move to the east scares Pavel? What, that he'll oversleep a game due to less travel? 

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#30 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

I don't see a reason not to buy it. It fits with everything Datsyuk has always said.  We all knew he'd be leaving sooner rather than later.  We can argue if it's one more season or two, but the fact is, time is running out and we have no Datsyuk replacement in the system. 

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#31 IwoCPO

IwoCPO

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

..but this guy is just getting attention and people are biting on it like it's bait. Wait until he actually has to sign something to make stupid articles like this.

I've been blogging for 8 years and I've never posted a thing trolling for hits. I wouldn't have cited and used this source unless we trusted them and it's relevant now because of realignment.  It's particularly timely now because Datsyuk is being completely wasted by Mike Babcock.

Possibly the biggest news story for one of the biggest hockey franchises ever is being broken by a fan blogger and not a legit news source

Yes, it is.  And show me one example where Kukla's Korner has ever "broken" a story without merit.  We haven't.  We verified the source, double checked with them and went with it.

#32 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

I think Datsyuk is a loyal guy that wants to play at least 3-4 more years in Detroit and possibly finish off his career in Russia. If he chose to leave before that I would not be mad, the guy has done a lot for this organization and has been entertaining a heck.

Right now he needs someone on his line that will feed off of his play making abilities. Clarkson, Stafford or Kulemin would all be good imo, give the guy something to work with.

#33 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

I've been blogging for 8 years and I've never posted a thing trolling for hits. I wouldn't have cited and used this source unless we trusted them and it's relevant now because of realignment.  It's particularly timely now because Datsyuk is being completely wasted by Mike Babcock.

Yes, it is.  And show me one example where Kukla's Korner has ever "broken" a story without merit.  We haven't.  We verified the source, double checked with them and went with it.

It's great that you've been blogging for the past 8 years, and it's great that you didn't cite a source within your article. Listen, I've had a friend sit in at a dinner with a current Wings player that straight up told him that we were getting Ryan Suter locked for sure last season, you see where that went? You can't trust anyone. Everything is here say until we actually get it from someone reliable and it HAPPENS, get the second part, HAPPENS. I too, can sit here can tell you that I have an outstanding source that says Pavel Datsyuk said you're full of s***. Wanna see who can cite their sources first? There's a reason why Kuklas Korner isn't a verifying source on HFBoards, it's because you've "broken" more s*** than you can handle.

Edited by evilzyme, 14 March 2013 - 04:11 PM.

• DSM likes this

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#34 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Oh Brother...

#35 IwoCPO

IwoCPO

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

it's because you've "broken" more s*** than you can handle.

Got an example for that?  Kukla's isn't even an investigative or direct reporting site.  We're an aggregator with some commentary.  Even at A2Y we've never claimed, not a single time, to have "broken" a story "here say" or not. It's not what we do. 

Edited by IwoCPO, 14 March 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#36 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

i honestly dont think ill be watching as much hockey as i do now once datsyuk is gone. there is no one in the world out there like him, he makes every game worth watching from the s*** he can pull out of his ass every shift. i hope he stays longer but it is what it is

#37 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

This rumor is true...Datsyuk has quietly mentioned in a number of interviews that he plans on going to Russia when his contract is over. It has nothing to do with being soft, realignment, or who hes playing with, its just always what his plan was.

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#38 IwoCPO

IwoCPO

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

oh christ...here to?  is nowhere safe from this guy's idiocy?

stay on KK, please.

I usually do, as you're aware. But I do have a childish tendency to defend my blog and especially KK in general.  I'm working on it. Counseling and such.

#39 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

This rumor is true...Datsyuk has quietly mentioned in a number of interviews that he plans on going to Russia when his contract is over. It has nothing to do with being soft, realignment, or who hes playing with, its just always what his plan was.

As was mentioned in a previous thread regarding Datsyuk, the biggest draw for him in Russia is his daughter. 

Everything else in the blog is unfounded conjecture and speculation, regardless of an "unnamed source."

#40 IwoCPO

IwoCPO

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

As was mentioned in a previous thread regarding Datsyuk, the biggest draw for him in Russia is his daughter. 

Everything else in the blog is unfounded conjecture and speculation, regardless of an "unnamed source."

I'll agree that the part about Babcock's complete ineptitude and borderline drunken judgment calls to keep Abdelkader and Cleary on a line with Datsyuk as being reasons for his departure? That's speculation on my part.  Guaranteed.  The part about him leaving after his contract expires?  That is not and it's been verified.

Edit: when I say "verified" I mean we went back to the person who gave us that information and asked if he was comfortable with us using it.

Edited by IwoCPO, 14 March 2013 - 04:59 PM.