• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#41 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

I for one NEVER want to see Datsyuk play for any NHL team that is not the Red Wings. Ever!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#42 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,134 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

I'll agree that the part about Babcock's complete ineptitude and borderline drunken judgment calls to keep Abdelkader and Cleary on a line with Datsyuk as being reasons for his departure? That's speculation on my part.  Guaranteed.  The part about him leaving after his contract expires?  That is not and it's been verified.

Edit: when I say "verified" I mean we went back to the person who gave us that information and asked if he was comfortable with us using it.

You mean it's the verified opinion of someone who thinks they know exactly what Datsyuk is going to do when his contract expires. 

It's hard for me to believe anyone not named Pavel Datsyuk knows for certain what he's going to do when his contract is up.  And even he probably doesn't know for sure yet given that it's over a year away. 

#43 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

I say don't shop him. Let him leave the NHL as a Wing.

bringit.jpg

#44 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

now, now...kirk maltby's cousin is a totally legit source!

#45 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

I don't care if he's leaving or not, datsyuk only ever wears the winged wheel in the NHL

#46 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Love PAvel but if he wants to rot in the KHL its his choice. I hope we can find a power forward in the upcoming draft and change our face.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#47 IwoCPO

IwoCPO

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

You mean it's the verified opinion of someone who thinks they know exactly what Datsyuk is going to do when his contract expires. 

It's hard for me to believe anyone not named Pavel Datsyuk knows for certain what he's going to do when his contract is up.  And even he probably doesn't know for sure yet given that it's over a year away. 

Ok. You just narrowed all reporting criteria across the board.  Teammates, managers, coaches, GMs, agents...no one should be used as sources if they claim to "believe they know" what their player/friend/client employee is going to do.  The opinion we based the post on is credible. We verified his thoughts by going back and asking if he was sure we were being accurate and passing his beliefs along accurately. He was sure.   

#48 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

Exactly. Last off-season I wanted to bust a thread about Ryan Suter coming to Detroit after my friend was texting me from the dinner with the player. The player is still on the roster, and is a full-time roster player. He straight up said, we're getting Parise but we're not getting Suter. I had private messaged a moderator on here, even telling him of this information but we choose not to say anything because as always, it doesn't matter what other people say, it's all here say until the actual person tells you the truth. I can tell people in my life numerous different things, just to tell them something. I don't need to tell them my true intentions, but something that will make them happy. People do this all the time. Until Pavel Datsyuk comes out and says for sure he's done with Detroit and is going to KHL after this contract, it's just here say. Will he finish his career in Russia? Yes, he has stated this that he wants to FINISH his career in Russia. Does that mean he's gone after this current contract? No. It means before he's done playing hockey, he's going to Russia. He's 36, not 42. He can play another 2 seasons at the NHL level, be 38 and still play easily 4 years within the KHL until the age of 42. 

Ok. You just narrowed all reporting criteria across the board.  Teammates, managers, coaches, GMs, agents...no one should be used as sources if they claim to "believe they know" what their player/friend/client employee is going to do.  The opinion we based the post on is credible. We verified his thoughts by going back and asking if he was sure we were being accurate and passing his beliefs along accurately. He was sure.   

Buddy, i've had sources tell me straight up something was going to happen, and it didn't. Numerous times. Things aren't secure in life, they are ever changing. Thoughts, feelings, mindframes, personalities, change. He could hate Detroit right now, and love it next year to where he wants to re-sign. Writing a report about someone retiring and moving back to their homeland a year and half before their contract is up, is silly. This article is better based within next year on his contract year. Too many things can change. And about your post earlier, HFB doesn't find KK a variable source. That being said, if one of the most popular and creditable hockey resources says that website isn't worth looking into, it probably shouldn't. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#49 IwoCPO

IwoCPO

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

Buddy, i've had sources tell me straight up something was going to happen, and it didn't. Numerous times. Things aren't secure in life, they are ever changing. Thoughts, feelings, mindframes, personalities, change. He could hate Detroit right now, and love it next year to where he wants to re-sign. Writing a report about someone retiring and moving back to their homeland a year and half before their contract is up, is silly. This article is better based within next year on his contract year. Too many things can change. And about your post earlier, HFB doesn't find KK a variable source. That being said, if one of the most popular and creditable hockey resources says that website isn't worth looking into, it probably shouldn't. 

Yeah. I don't really care about your philosophy about what things change in life.  Little deep for me. I prefer to keep things a little simpler: someone credible told us something. We asked if we could post it. My readers are interested in it. We posted it.  They read it and they're discussing it now.  As for whether or not HF boards considers KK a "credible resource"? I care even less about that.  Have a great night. 

#50 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Yeah. I don't really care about your philosophy about what things change in life.  Little deep for me. I prefer to keep things a little simpler: someone credible told us something. We asked if we could post it. My readers are interested in it. We posted it.  They read it and they're discussing it now.  As for whether or not HF boards considers KK a "credible resource"? I care even less about that.  Have a great night. 

So basically, translation:

I heard a rumor from someone, i'm going to call them credible. I asked them if I could say this rumor out loud and make a story on it. I'm going to get so many hits and my readers are going to love it because they think i'm telling the truth and honestly know what's going to happen from a year and a half from now. I understand I don't work for a credible website, as it's written by a bunch of fans, but my hits don't care about that, so good bye. 

Thanks for ignoring all logical reasoning and not seeing that what your friend tells you, may change down the road, as in life, anything can change. Also, if your buddy the credible source doesn't care if you use this information, why the hell wouldn't you tell us what connection he has with them? You could've even been vague, but no, you're just going to keep calling them a "credible or verified source"

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#51 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

I say don't shop him. Let him leave the NHL as a Wing.

This isn't a charity. It's a business. And if they can sell a guy and get a return on him instead of just giving him away to the KHL or FA then they will. 

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Referees

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#52 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

As for whether or not HF boards considers KK a "credible resource"? I care even less about that.  Have a great night.

he cares about it so little that he signed up for hfboards today to defend his honor!

LOL

#53 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,134 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

I didn't do anything to reporting criteria across the board. 

All I did was clarified that you have an unnamed "verified" source who is of the opinion that Datsyuk is definitely leaving when his contract is up.  

People can make their own decisions about what that's worth.

#54 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

f*** Holland and Babcock, this isf****** s***e. ARGHHHHHHH

GOD DAMN IT lol

#55 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,082 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

Taken at face value if someone had asked me if I thought Datsyuk would head back to Russia after his contract expires, at the age he'll be then (and the state of the team at the time), I'd strongly lean toward yes. Ultimately the state of the team is going to weigh heavily on that decision: if the team makes move(s) necessary to keep the team as a legitimate Stanley Cup contender the "loyalty" card to do something like Lidstrom's play-it-by-year contract re-signings seems to be a strong possibility.

But the status quo of the last couple of seasons? Happy trails, Pavel, and enjoy the company of your daughter. Couldn't ask for more from him.

#56 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Taken at face value if someone had asked me if I thought Datsyuk would head back to Russia after his contract expires, at the age he'll be then (and the state of the team at the time), I'd strongly lean toward yes. Ultimately the state of the team is going to weigh heavily on that decision: if the team makes move(s) necessary to keep the team as a legitimate Stanley Cup contender the "loyalty" card to do something like Lidstrom's play-it-by-year contract re-signings seems to be a strong possibility.

But the status quo of the last couple of seasons? Happy trails, Pavel, and enjoy the company of your daughter. Couldn't ask for more from him.

I doubt this will spur Kenny to make any moves. He's like a frog in a boiling pot. 

#57 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

I don't care if he's leaving or not, datsyuk only ever wears the winged wheel in the NHL

I sure as hell care if he leaves, call me greedy but I want him here til he retires. I haven't had my career fill of Pav yet. I'm still recovering from the losses of Lidstrom and Yzerman.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#58 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

It will be another sad day for the Wings nation  :unhappy:  :unhappy:

#59 rw1

rw1

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

It's great that you've been blogging for the past 8 years, and it's great that you didn't cite a source within your article. Listen, I've had a friend sit in at a dinner with a current Wings player that straight up told him that we were getting Ryan Suter locked for sure last season, you see where that went? You can't trust anyone. Everything is here say until we actually get it from someone reliable and it HAPPENS, get the second part, HAPPENS. I too, can sit here can tell you that I have an outstanding source that says Pavel Datsyuk said you're full of s***. Wanna see who can cite their sources first? There's a reason why Kuklas Korner isn't a verifying source on HFBoards, it's because you've "broken" more s*** than you can handle.

I am a verified source at HF Boards, you may want to check again.

#60 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

I have no idea what datsyuk is going to do. Leave or stay, up to him. But a few thoughts. Why did Stuart leave? Family. Where is datsyuk's family? Russia. if any of you have ever had to work out of town for anything more than a month, you know how much you miss your family. All the money in the world doesn't make up for missing first steps, first words, first day of school, first dates, teaching your kids on a daily basis of how to be good people. In the end, his family will be the deciding factor. Can they wait 1, 2, 3 more years? None of us know the answer to that question.

Now, regardless of what he is going to do, there is one other person that better know, and know real soon what datsyuk is going to do: Holland. The next 18 months are going to be very important to the RW's for the next decade. He had better have agood plan. He sure didn't seem to have much of one when Nick left.