• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#121 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

Here's a thought:  Can Mr. I just foot the bill to move the entire city that Pavel's daughter lives in to somewhere in Michigan?  Instead of Pavel going back to Russia, let's bring Russia to him.

Hahaha...lets make it happen. There's more than enough dead space in Detroit to fit a small Russian city. Get er done Mr. I.

#122 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

The KHL only gets a lot of exposure when there's a lockout.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#123 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

This is crap.  If you were Pavel, would you go the the Red Wings brass and tell then that you are definitely leaving 1 1/2 years from now?  No.  He may have told them that he was thinking about it.  That would not surprise anybody.  But no way he has even made the decision.

Do or do not. There is no try

#124 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Here's a thought:  Can Mr. I just foot the bill to move the entire city that Pavel's daughter lives in to somewhere in Michigan?  Instead of Pavel going back to Russia, let's bring Russia to him.

I am sure that is something Mr. Orr would consider in his Emergency Plan for the city. Create a small area of Detroit for Russian immigrants. We already have Greek Town, Mexican Town, Hamtramck....why not a Russian sect to the city? Belle Isle anyone?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#125 Vittorino Casiraghi

Vittorino Casiraghi

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

I pose it as a question because I don't have a link to a printed source, but I've now heard this mentioned on tv twice. Once by NHLN and once by CBC. Both said that Datsyuk made a request to Babcock, with all the injuries, to keep Abdelkader on his line because Abs provides what Dats wants, and keeps it simple. If true, this sure makes a lot of those comments about Dats suffering/wanting to return to Russia/'surely upset and angry' seem quite silly.

Its also mentioned by Ken and Mickey on fsd

#126 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

I pose it as a question because I don't have a link to a printed source, but I've now heard this mentioned on tv twice. Once by NHLN and once by CBC. Both said that Datsyuk made a request to Babcock, with all the injuries, to keep Abdelkader on his line because Abs provides what Dats wants, and keeps it simple. If true, this sure makes a lot of those comments about Dats suffering/wanting to return to Russia/'surely upset and angry' seem quite silly.

Its also mentioned by Ken and Mickey on fsd

It's not so bad having 1 of Abs/Cleary, but both is just absurd.  If the line was Z-Dats-Abs then it would have the Z-Dats-Homer effect, but with Cleary on the other Wing, it's just Mike Babcock pulling shenanigans with his lines.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#127 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

"Obviously, I've heard the rumors," Holland told NHL.com. "I have not had any real conversation with [Datsyuk] or his agent, Gary Greenstein. Gary lives in California and I just saw him the other day. Basically we're going to sit down at the conclusion of this season, before Pav goes home. I don't know what will come out of it."

Red Wings fans are hoping a new contract is generated, and Holland also hopes that's the case. He just doesn't know if it's likely to happen at the moment.

"We'll talk before he goes home sometime in June, but anything beyond that is speculation and rumors," Holland said. "Nobody's told me anything. They haven't told me they're staying or going. I haven't asked either. We hope he wants to stay, but I'm certainly aware there's a professional league in Russia and they pay their players well. Beyond that, I don't know."

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=662748

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#128 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Datsyuk already gave 2 years of his prime to the KHL cause of the garbage lockouts.  We need Dats to help push for a cup we'll be in contention for in 2015 and help turn many of our prospects into top caliber players, namely Jurco, Frk, Tatar, and Athaniesou while Z grooms the likes of Jarnkrok, Nyquist and Tvrdon.  This is just me hoping he stays and helps build the future and win a cup in 2 years from now when our young guys are stepping up to the plate.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#129 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

This is crap.  If you were Pavel, would you go the the Red Wings brass and tell then that you are definitely leaving 1 1/2 years from now?  No.  He may have told them that he was thinking about it.  That would not surprise anybody.  But no way he has even made the decision.

Sure hope so. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#130 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

IF he does leave what are the rules of bringing himback?  If we are somehow kicking ass and send him an invo before deadline can we sign him back? is there a limit on how long?

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#131 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Datsyuk13 Pavel Datsyuk20m
@JustinVerlander congrats on the new contract! Mr. Ilitch spent all his money. Nothing left for me ;-). pic.twitter.com/sSWVwgMqaw

Heyyyyyyyy there!

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#132 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Realistically, what do you think Pasha would ask if he did sign another?

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#133 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Heyyyyyyyy there!

Can't be real. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#134 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

2ywe6qc.jpg

Edited by dirtydangles, 01 April 2013 - 10:30 PM.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#135 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

Some new updates on Datsyuk....

23. Pavel Datsyuk's agent, Gary Greenstin, was in Toronto visiting client Mikhail Grabovski. We talked about rumours Datsyuk will play the last year of his contract next season, then go back to Russia. Greenstin said he'd just been in Detroit and talked with Ken Holland. He wouldn't go too deeply into those conservations, but it did sound like they discussed the possibility of an extension. (Datsyuk cannot sign anything until July 5.) He added that if Datsyuk stays, it will be with the Red Wings. "Playing with one team is very important to him."

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...-up-oilers.html

http://kuklaskorner....sday-afternoon1

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#136 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Some new updates on Datsyuk....

23. Pavel Datsyuk's agent, Gary Greenstin, was in Toronto visiting client Mikhail Grabovski. We talked about rumours Datsyuk will play the last year of his contract next season, then go back to Russia. Greenstin said he'd just been in Detroit and talked with Ken Holland. He wouldn't go too deeply into those conservations, but it did sound like they discussed the possibility of an extension. (Datsyuk cannot sign anything until July 5.) He added that if Datsyuk stays, it will be with the Red Wings. "Playing with one team is very important to him."

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...-up-oilers.html

http://kuklaskorner....sday-afternoon1

Just about to post this myself.

Encouraging news.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#137 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

If dats stays...first I'll be glad I'm wrong. But if he gets an extension I got to think fil will be gone for sure thdn .

#138 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Maybe we can talk him into one year extensions like Lidstrom. Hate to have uncertainty every year, but it'd be easier for him to stay one extra year than three.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#139 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

I say sign him up for as many years as he can play. To me, he is the only player right now worth the price of admission. a true superstar.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#140 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Datsyuk is the LAST thing Wings fans need to worry about. Nick Lidstrom said he wanted to be in Sweden with his family for how many years? This is just TALK that ensures contract negotiations go in the player's/agent's favor. What do you think they are going to say? "I will sign with Detroit no matter what. Even if its for more years and less money. As long as I get to be a Red Wing." Use your heads, people. Simple posturing.