• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#141 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Datsyuk is the LAST thing Wings fans need to worry about. Nick Lidstrom said he wanted to be in Sweden with his family for how many years? This is just TALK that ensures contract negotiations go in the player's/agent's favor. What do you think they are going to say? "I will sign with Detroit no matter what. Even if its for more years and less money. As long as I get to be a Red Wing." Use your heads, people. Simple posturing.

I was just going to post just that. People around here actually buy that nonsense about, "oh, I am going to quit the NHL early"...really, how many capable players ever actually do that?

Like x 1e^10000000000
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#142 Solidus

Solidus

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

I was just going to post just that. People around here actually buy that nonsense about, "oh, I am going to quit the NHL early"...really, how many capable players ever actually do that?

Like x 1e^10000000000

*cough*Scott Niedermayer*cough*

#143 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,909 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Datsyuk is the LAST thing Wings fans need to worry about. Nick Lidstrom said he wanted to be in Sweden with his family for how many years? This is just TALK that ensures contract negotiations go in the player's/agent's favor. What do you think they are going to say? "I will sign with Detroit no matter what. Even if its for more years and less money. As long as I get to be a Red Wing." Use your heads, people. Simple posturing.

It'd be easier to give your arguments more serious consideration if you didn't include them with insults. 

With Lidstrom it was about raising his kids in Sweden.  With Datsyuk it's different because he has a daughter in Russia right now that he barely gets to see.

I guess it is nothing to worry about because Stuart had a similar situation and he stayed.  Oh... wait...

Will his agent try to use the potential of him going to the KHL as leverage?  Of course. 

But to dismiss this as entirely posturing ignores the fact he really does have a daughter there who he never gets to spend time with.  A parent wanting to be closer to their child instead of halfway around the world for most of the year runs a little deeper than simple posturing.

#144 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,909 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Like x 1e^10000000000

Jagr?

He came back but left for the KHL as a 35 year old with plenty of ability left, as we can see now.

As I stated before, of course Datsyuk's agent will use the situation but he really does have a daughter in Russia who it sounds like he gets to see for only a week or two a year.  When you throw a kid into the equation, I think it's more than just posturing.

#145 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

It'd be much easier to give your points serious consideration if you didn't include them with insults. 

With Lidstrom it was about raising his kids in Sweden.  With Datsyuk it's different because he has a daughter in Russia right now that he barely gets to see.

I guess it is nothing to worry about because Stuart had a similar situation and he stayed.  Oh... wait...

Will his agent try to use the potential of him going to the KHL as leverage?  Of course. 

But to dismiss this as entirely posturing ignores the fact he really does have a daughter there who he never gets to spend time with.  A parent wanting to be closer to their child instead of halfway around the world for most of the year runs a little deeper than simple posturing.

Nonetheless, Datysuk is divorced. I highly doubt he single handedly wants his ex-wife to be in sole possession of his daughter, and only be the one to experience her growing up. She's 11 now (IIRC) and will be getting into more and more things. As a father Datsyuk would love to see his daughter on a more consistent basis. He is her WORLD. If you saw any of the videos he posted with her while he was playing during the lockout... oh my god. The guy just loves her, and she loves her daddy. She loves watching him play, and i'm sure she would more than love to have him back in her life on a more consistent basis. As it's been discussed on here, he would still be away from his daughter, but it would be around 5-7 hours instead of across the world. 

Stuart did have a similar situation, as his wives ex-husband wouldn't allow them to gain full custody. Without that, he held the kid within the state and restricted Stuart from ever moving his family to Detroit. It was the sole reason why he had to go to California, and not stay with Detroit. Because of this, you can see similarities and differences with the given situations. 

Anyways, did anyone else see what Pasha posted this morning via tweeter and facebook?

"Morning backyard Soccer"

533865_447973055284766_1574927926_n.jpg

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#146 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,909 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Nonetheless, Datysuk is divorced. I highly doubt he single handedly wants his ex-wife to be in sole possession of his daughter, and only be the one to experience her growing up. She's 11 now (IIRC) and will be getting into more and more things. As a father Datsyuk would love to see his daughter on a more consistent basis. He is her WORLD. If you saw any of the videos he posted with her while he was playing during the lockout... oh my god. The guy just loves her, and she loves her daddy. She loves watching him play, and i'm sure she would more than love to have him back in her life on a more consistent basis. As it's been discussed on here, he would still be away from his daughter, but it would be around 5-7 hours instead of across the world. 

Stuart did have a similar situation, as his wives ex-husband wouldn't allow them to gain full custody. Without that, he held the kid within the state and restricted Stuart from ever moving his family to Detroit. It was the sole reason why he had to go to California, and not stay with Detroit. Because of this, you can see similarities and differences with the given situations. 

Wait, are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?  :lol:

That was my main point.  Not so much the specifics of the Stuart situation, but it's a father who was separated from family.  It sounds like Datsyuk gets very limited time with his daughter because she's back in Russia most of the year.  I can't dismiss the opportunity to be close to his daughter as simple posturing.

#147 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hold up, noob on the datsyuk personal life here... when did datsyuk divorce his wife? It has to have been in the past few years cuz I remember seeing her with him in the states after they won the cup in 08.. unless that was a girlfriend or something? Anyone know the reason for divorce?

#148 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

Wait, are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?  :lol:

That was my main point.  Not so much the specifics of the Stuart situation, but it's a father who was separated from family.  It sounds like Datsyuk gets very limited time with his daughter because she's back in Russia most of the year.  I can't dismiss the opportunity to be close to his daughter as simple posturing.

Haha completely agreeing. Just elaborating more for the pleasure of typing.

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#149 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hold up, noob on the datsyuk personal life here... when did datsyuk divorce his wife? It has to have been in the past few years cuz I remember seeing her with him in the states after they won the cup in 08.. unless that was a girlfriend or something? Anyone know the reason for divorce?

That was she at the Cup parade.  They divorced quietly some time afterwards.   I know I heard that she wanted to go back home.   I also read that they wanted Elizabeth educated in Russia since that is where they'd be living after Pavel was done playing.

As to the reason for the divorce, all I heard was that she wanted to go home.  Anything else is something they have chosen to keep private.

She's a beautiful girl.  I don't blame them for wanting to have more time together.  The years do go fast.

#150 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

533865_447973055284766_1574927926_n.jpg

Is that Pavel's wife with the ball?

No wonder he wants to flee to Russia.

Posted Image

#151 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Datsyuk has put his career first in front of his personal life. No reason to change that now.

#152 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Datsyuk has put his career first in front of his personal life. No reason to change that now.

It's easier to do that when your daughter doesn't fully understand everything. He signed the long contract when she was younger, it was easier for him to sign. Now... she's more mature and she's at the age where she needs him around. Nonetheless, the family complex has changed since his last signing. He was happily married when signing his contract, and now he is divorced. Would you want your ex-wife to be able to see your daughter while you're stuck in the States playing hockey? Things change my man. Put his life in perspective when thinking about contract signings. They always say come free agent time, if you want to know where someone is going.... find out where their significant other is. 

Edited by evilzyme, 17 April 2013 - 12:14 PM.

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#153 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

How could somebody divorce Pav? He just seems like he'd be the nicest, most generous guy that his wife would have had to been the biggest B to ditch him. Maybe thats just what we see.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#154 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

How could somebody divorce Pav? He just seems like he'd be the nicest, most generous guy that his wife would have had to been the biggest B to ditch him. Maybe thats just what we see.

Even nice guys have relationships that don't work out.  Nice girls, too.

If she was lonely- no other Russian women to be friends with, as I've heard, then it's just one of those things.  Imagine being alone in a place where you don't speak the language and the only person you know who does is gone half the time flying all around the country and busy when they're home.

If you left home and friends and culture, you're going to get homesick.  From what I've heard, Pavel was a bit lonely for a friend from his background and became quite close to Salei when he was here.  Of course, there was no one for Svetlana as Rusty's wife was American and stayed in California.

Sometimes things just don't work, and it's sad, especially if there's a child involved.

#155 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

It's easier to do that when your daughter doesn't fully understand everything. He signed the long contract when she was younger, it was easier for him to sign. Now... she's more mature and she's at the age where she needs him around. Nonetheless, the family complex has changed since his last signing. He was happily married when signing his contract, and now he is divorced. Would you want your ex-wife to be able to see your daughter while you're stuck in the States playing hockey? Things change my man. Put his life in perspective when thinking about contract signings. They always say come free agent time, if you want to know where someone is going.... find out where their significant other is. 

You are ASSUMING everything. I can do that too. Watch:

Datsyuk's wife didn't want a long distance relationship, but understood why Pavel would want to play in the world's number 1 hockey league considering his talent level. She agreed with Pavel and his agent that it was important for the daughter and her that Pavel play in the NHL because it gives him the best opportunity for stability in income and endorsement money. And Pavel really likes playing for the Red Wings.

See?

Neither one of is knows didley squat about Pavel's personal life or career choices, so let's stick to the basics. NHL is the league of choice. End of story. Pavel will play NHL hockey until he feels he doesn't belong in it.

I don't want to hear about Radulov, Jagr, Smirnov, Popolov, etc. These are OUTLIERS. Not the norm.

#156 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,909 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

That may be your decision on the matter, which is nice, but I'm more interested in Datsyuk's.

#157 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

You are ASSUMING everything. I can do that too. Watch:

Datsyuk's wife didn't want a long distance relationship, but understood why Pavel would want to play in the world's number 1 hockey league considering his talent level. She agreed with Pavel and his agent that it was important for the daughter and her that Pavel play in the NHL because it gives him the best opportunity for stability in income and endorsement money. And Pavel really likes playing for the Red Wings.

See?

Neither one of is knows didley squat about Pavel's personal life or career choices, so let's stick to the basics. NHL is the league of choice. End of story. Pavel will play NHL hockey until he feels he doesn't belong in it.

I don't want to hear about Radulov, Jagr, Smirnov, Popolov, etc. These are OUTLIERS. Not the norm.

His daughter was nearly 6 years old when he signed his latest contract, nonetheless it was when he was still married. He could be closer to his family, as they had a Detroit house. You can read about how he said he was the interior designer for their house, and if he didn't make it as a professional hockey player... he would've been an interior designer. Yes, his family complex changed. It's called a divorce and not having your daughter near you. I asked you, if you were divorced, would you want your ex-wife to see your daughter all the time while you were stuck in America? It was a question, not an assumption. So, I ask you, what was assumed here? 

Assumptions my friend, is assuming things instead of actually knowing. We know the divorce happened, we know he was married when his contract was signed, we know his daughter is in Russia right now. You now, are assuming that he is "posturing." If you want to sit there and dismiss events that actually happened... I don't know what to tell you my friend.

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#158 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

That may be your decision on the matter, which is nice, but I'm more interested in Datsyuk's.

Exactly!!! So why do people ASSUME one way over the other? Do they know Pavel personally? Its all supposition.

#159 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

His daughter was nearly 6 years old when he signed his latest contract, nonetheless it was when he was still married. He could be closer to his family, as they had a Detroit house. You can read about how he said he was the interior designer for their house, and if he didn't make it as a professional hockey player... he would've been an interior designer. Yes, his family complex changed. It's called a divorce and not having your daughter near you. I asked you, if you were divorced, would you want your ex-wife to see your daughter all the time while you were stuck in America? It was a question, not an assumption. So, I ask you, what was assumed here? 

Assumptions my friend, is assuming things instead of actually knowing. We know the divorce happened, we know he was married when his contract was signed, we know his daughter is in Russia right now. You now, are assuming that he is "posturing." If you want to sit there and dismiss events that actually happened... I don't know what to tell you my friend.

Its not always about what you want. Pavel is an elite hockey player. He knows the NHL is the elite league. I didn't sit in on the custody arrangents, so I have no idea how he and his ex plan to allocate their time with their daughter. All I know is that I don't "suppose" in regards to his personal life. He could very well be like the MILLIONS of divorced fathers who understand that they need to find a balance between a satisfying career and putting bread on the table for the children.

#160 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Its not always about what you want. Pavel is an elite hockey player. He knows the NHL is the elite league. I didn't sit in on the custody arrangents, so I have no idea how he and his ex plan to allocate their time with their daughter. All I know is that I don't "suppose" in regards to his personal life. He could very well be like the MILLIONS of divorced fathers who understand that they need to find a balance between a satisfying career and putting bread on the table for the children.

If you paid any attention to the guys life, you'd realize quickly that his daughter is his life. Axe, the problem with you is that you will dismiss logical thinking. People can show you numerous sources, reports, and quotes and you would sit there and say, Nah bro. Pasha is a world class player, absolutely, but he's also won 2 stanley cups, numerous awards and he has done more than enough for this franchise. Have you forgotten he's been here for a decade? If the man wants to go back to Russia to finish out his career (which he's blatantly stated, surely not an assumption), he will go. No one is sitting here saying "he's doing this, he's doing that." Well.... I suppose one person is assuming things pretty hard:

Don't dismiss logical thinking. Don't dismiss the truth. Especially if you want to make huge assumptions like this, when you have absolutely no information to back it up. I love debating, but if you want to jump at someone with assumptions, make sure you aren't the one assuming in the first place.

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"