• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
xBflinker

Datsyuk Leaving?!

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Datsyuk has put his career first in front of his personal life. No reason to change that now.

Datsyuk has put his career first in front of his personal life. No reason to change that now.

It's easier to do that when your daughter doesn't fully understand everything. He signed the long contract when she was younger, it was easier for him to sign. Now... she's more mature and she's at the age where she needs him around. Nonetheless, the family complex has changed since his last signing. He was happily married when signing his contract, and now he is divorced. Would you want your ex-wife to be able to see your daughter while you're stuck in the States playing hockey? Things change my man. Put his life in perspective when thinking about contract signings. They always say come free agent time, if you want to know where someone is going.... find out where their significant other is.

Edited by evilzyme

How could somebody divorce Pav? He just seems like he'd be the nicest, most generous guy that his wife would have had to been the biggest B to ditch him. Maybe thats just what we see.

How could somebody divorce Pav? He just seems like he'd be the nicest, most generous guy that his wife would have had to been the biggest B to ditch him. Maybe thats just what we see.

Even nice guys have relationships that don't work out. Nice girls, too.

If she was lonely- no other Russian women to be friends with, as I've heard, then it's just one of those things. Imagine being alone in a place where you don't speak the language and the only person you know who does is gone half the time flying all around the country and busy when they're home.

If you left home and friends and culture, you're going to get homesick. From what I've heard, Pavel was a bit lonely for a friend from his background and became quite close to Salei when he was here. Of course, there was no one for Svetlana as Rusty's wife was American and stayed in California.

Sometimes things just don't work, and it's sad, especially if there's a child involved.

Guest The Axe

It's easier to do that when your daughter doesn't fully understand everything. He signed the long contract when she was younger, it was easier for him to sign. Now... she's more mature and she's at the age where she needs him around. Nonetheless, the family complex has changed since his last signing. He was happily married when signing his contract, and now he is divorced. Would you want your ex-wife to be able to see your daughter while you're stuck in the States playing hockey? Things change my man. Put his life in perspective when thinking about contract signings. They always say come free agent time, if you want to know where someone is going.... find out where their significant other is.

You are ASSUMING everything. I can do that too. Watch:

Datsyuk's wife didn't want a long distance relationship, but understood why Pavel would want to play in the world's number 1 hockey league considering his talent level. She agreed with Pavel and his agent that it was important for the daughter and her that Pavel play in the NHL because it gives him the best opportunity for stability in income and endorsement money. And Pavel really likes playing for the Red Wings.

See?

Neither one of is knows didley squat about Pavel's personal life or career choices, so let's stick to the basics. NHL is the league of choice. End of story. Pavel will play NHL hockey until he feels he doesn't belong in it.

I don't want to hear about Radulov, Jagr, Smirnov, Popolov, etc. These are OUTLIERS. Not the norm.

You are ASSUMING everything. I can do that too. Watch:

Datsyuk's wife didn't want a long distance relationship, but understood why Pavel would want to play in the world's number 1 hockey league considering his talent level. She agreed with Pavel and his agent that it was important for the daughter and her that Pavel play in the NHL because it gives him the best opportunity for stability in income and endorsement money. And Pavel really likes playing for the Red Wings.

See?

Neither one of is knows didley squat about Pavel's personal life or career choices, so let's stick to the basics. NHL is the league of choice. End of story. Pavel will play NHL hockey until he feels he doesn't belong in it.

I don't want to hear about Radulov, Jagr, Smirnov, Popolov, etc. These are OUTLIERS. Not the norm.

His daughter was nearly 6 years old when he signed his latest contract, nonetheless it was when he was still married. He could be closer to his family, as they had a Detroit house. You can read about how he said he was the interior designer for their house, and if he didn't make it as a professional hockey player... he would've been an interior designer. Yes, his family complex changed. It's called a divorce and not having your daughter near you. I asked you, if you were divorced, would you want your ex-wife to see your daughter all the time while you were stuck in America? It was a question, not an assumption. So, I ask you, what was assumed here?

Assumptions my friend, is assuming things instead of actually knowing. We know the divorce happened, we know he was married when his contract was signed, we know his daughter is in Russia right now. You now, are assuming that he is "posturing." If you want to sit there and dismiss events that actually happened... I don't know what to tell you my friend.

Guest The Axe

That may be your decision on the matter, which is nice, but I'm more interested in Datsyuk's.

Exactly!!! So why do people ASSUME one way over the other? Do they know Pavel personally? Its all supposition.

Guest The Axe

His daughter was nearly 6 years old when he signed his latest contract, nonetheless it was when he was still married. He could be closer to his family, as they had a Detroit house. You can read about how he said he was the interior designer for their house, and if he didn't make it as a professional hockey player... he would've been an interior designer. Yes, his family complex changed. It's called a divorce and not having your daughter near you. I asked you, if you were divorced, would you want your ex-wife to see your daughter all the time while you were stuck in America? It was a question, not an assumption. So, I ask you, what was assumed here?

Assumptions my friend, is assuming things instead of actually knowing. We know the divorce happened, we know he was married when his contract was signed, we know his daughter is in Russia right now. You now, are assuming that he is "posturing." If you want to sit there and dismiss events that actually happened... I don't know what to tell you my friend.

Its not always about what you want. Pavel is an elite hockey player. He knows the NHL is the elite league. I didn't sit in on the custody arrangents, so I have no idea how he and his ex plan to allocate their time with their daughter. All I know is that I don't "suppose" in regards to his personal life. He could very well be like the MILLIONS of divorced fathers who understand that they need to find a balance between a satisfying career and putting bread on the table for the children.

Its not always about what you want. Pavel is an elite hockey player. He knows the NHL is the elite league. I didn't sit in on the custody arrangents, so I have no idea how he and his ex plan to allocate their time with their daughter. All I know is that I don't "suppose" in regards to his personal life. He could very well be like the MILLIONS of divorced fathers who understand that they need to find a balance between a satisfying career and putting bread on the table for the children.

If you paid any attention to the guys life, you'd realize quickly that his daughter is his life. Axe, the problem with you is that you will dismiss logical thinking. People can show you numerous sources, reports, and quotes and you would sit there and say, Nah bro. Pasha is a world class player, absolutely, but he's also won 2 stanley cups, numerous awards and he has done more than enough for this franchise. Have you forgotten he's been here for a decade? If the man wants to go back to Russia to finish out his career (which he's blatantly stated, surely not an assumption), he will go. No one is sitting here saying "he's doing this, he's doing that." Well.... I suppose one person is assuming things pretty hard:

Datsyuk is the LAST thing Wings fans need to worry about. Nick Lidstrom said he wanted to be in Sweden with his family for how many years? This is just TALK that ensures contract negotiations go in the player's/agent's favor. What do you think they are going to say? "I will sign with Detroit no matter what. Even if its for more years and less money. As long as I get to be a Red Wing." Use your heads, people. Simple posturing.

Don't dismiss logical thinking. Don't dismiss the truth. Especially if you want to make huge assumptions like this, when you have absolutely no information to back it up. I love debating, but if you want to jump at someone with assumptions, make sure you aren't the one assuming in the first place.

Exactly!!! So why do people ASSUME one way over the other? Do they know Pavel personally? Its all supposition.

As is your post below where you dismiss it as posturing. I'm guessing you don't know Datsyuk or his agent.

Datsyuk is the LAST thing Wings fans need to worry about. Nick Lidstrom said he wanted to be in Sweden with his family for how many years? This is just TALK that ensures contract negotiations go in the player's/agent's favor. What do you think they are going to say? "I will sign with Detroit no matter what. Even if its for more years and less money. As long as I get to be a Red Wing." Use your heads, people. Simple posturing.

My whole point was basically that we have no idea what Pavel is thinking. But I do know he has a daughter in Russia that he rarely gets to see. That's enough to make me think the KHL is at least a possibility.

So now that some of you confirmed to me that Datsyuk is divorced (had no idea he was) it all makes sense now. Here's my quick story:

A couple months ago I went to Cheli's Chili bar in Dearborn with some friends (I go to UM-Dearborn so was our occasional hangout spot). Wouldn't you know it, Datsyuk was there with two GORGEOUS women (yes not one but two). As we were walking in, they were walking out. At the time I didn't think anything of it, but now it makes sense why he was with these women... the mans divorced and he's trying to make the most of his single life. (speculation but that's the way I see it especially since he was preeeety touchy with the women) .

Anyways I asked him if I could take a pic with him and he immediately answered with a " No" , but I think he felt bad because he turned back and said something like "sorry no pictures at bars " and I kind of understand what he means since people out there could put the pics up twist up the story of him and the models. Anyways he was very genuine about it and I respected his response.

But in any case, a lot of people are saying how datsyuk is lonely here in the US and blah blah. I don't think that is true. I think he makes the most of his time when he's here. I mean he seemed like he had a great bar night when he was walking out... And from those pics of him playing soccer with those neighbors and what not. In any case, at the end of the day were all making speculations based on what he hear and see. I told you guys my story of seeing him, conclude what you must with it.

Edited by kickazz

So now that some of you confirmed to me that Datsyuk is divorced (had no idea he was) it all makes sense now. Here's my quick story:

A couple months ago I went to Cheli's Chili bar in Dearborn with some friends (I go to UM-Dearborn so was our occasional hangout spot). Wouldn't you know it, Datsyuk was there with two GORGEOUS women (yes not one but two). As we were walking in, they were walking out. At the time I didn't think anything of it, but now it makes sense why he was with these women... the mans divorced and he's trying to make the most of his single life. (speculation but that's the way I see it especially since he was preeeety touchy with the women) .

Anyways I asked him if I could take a pic with him and he immediately answered with a " No" , but I think he felt bad because he turned back and said something like "sorry no pictures at bars " and I kind of understand what he means since people out there could put the pics up twist up the story of him and the models. Anyways he was very genuine about it and I respected his response.

But in any case, a lot of people are saying how datsyuk is lonely here in the US and blah blah. I don't think that is true. I think he makes the most of his time when he's here. I mean he seemed like he had a great bar night when he was walking out... And from those pics of him playing soccer with those neighbors and what not. In any case, at the end of the day were all making speculations based on what he hear and see. I told you guys my story of seeing him, conclude what you must with it.

Outstanding story man, awesome that it got cleared up haha. You should add Pasha on facebook or twitter, he posts pictures from road trips all the time. He looks like he has lots of fun. He was going to movies with Brunner (Monsters University) and was posing with Sully. It seems like he really likes to travel and make the most of every experience. He post a lot of statues and historic places.

Guest The Axe

That wasn't Pavel. Pavel was at home absolutely pining to be back in the -15 degree mother Russia to see his beloved daughter. You, my friend, saw Pavel's twin brother, Richard. Equally as popular with the ladies, but not quite as good of a stick handler!

Like I said before, pasha re-signing is the least of our concerns. 5 years, 35 mil and he's in.

“I did meet with Gary Greenstin during our last homestand,'' Holland said. “We briefly talked about Pav and we both agreed that between now and the end of June, when he heads home, we'll sit down and have further discussion about Pav.''

The Red Wings would like to sign Datsyuk to an extension on July 5, the first day he is able to re-up. Datsyuk, however, hasn't committed to staying in the NHL beyond next season, having previously indicated a desire to finish his career in his native Russia, whether that's in 2014-15 or later.

Greenstin said no decision has been made on Datsyuk's future, but said he assured the Red Wings that if Datsyuk remains in the NHL beyond next season, it will be with Detroit.

Some in the organization don't believe it's a slam-dunk that Datsyuk will return to Russia after 2013-14. Greenstin's desire to talk with the Red Wings after this season indicates that Datsyuk at least is seriously considering remaining in the NHL.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/04/red_wings_dont_know_pavel_dats.html

Guest The Axe

As I've said before, I have a deep inherent feeling he will be back. However, I plan on some heavy duty groveling at camp. Can't hurt!

Do you like Datsyuk?