• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DetroitRedWings1993

Gustav Nyquist

Rate this topic

I've been pretty hard on Nyquist in my time. I've always vented about how unimpressed by him I am after just about every game.

But after last night, I think I've changed my tune.

Abdelkader, despite Nyquist's call up, was still on Pav's line for most of the night.

Read the above sentence again.

Now finish vomitting.

This isn't Nyquist's fault. This falls squarely on Babcock.

His team can't score. In no universe of hockey is that a good thing. His second line is in shambles. So instead of putting a young player with good skill on Datsyuk's wing and seeing where that goes, he leaves Abdelkader there.

Nonetheless, Nyquist had an assist and a great shot on goal that resulted in a scoring chance. He produced more than Abdelkader did, no matter how simple that is.

I wonder if we'll ever get our offense back. We can't continue to be so badly mismanaged. Datsyuk is being wasted.

At least Cleary got demoted...

I've been pretty hard on Nyquist in my time. I've always vented about how unimpressed by him I am after just about every game.

But after last night, I think I've changed my tune.

Abdelkader, despite Nyquist's call up, was still on Pav's line for most of the night.

Read the above sentence again.

Now finish vomitting.

This isn't Nyquist's fault. This falls squarely on Babcock.

His team can't score. In no universe of hockey is that a good thing. His second line is in shambles. So instead of putting a young player with good skill on Datsyuk's wing and seeing where that goes, he leaves Abdelkader there.

Nonetheless, Nyquist had an assist and a great shot on goal that resulted in a scoring chance. He produced more than Abdelkader did, no matter how simple that is.

I wonder if we'll ever get our offense back. We can't continue to be so badly mismanaged. Datsyuk is being wasted.

At least Cleary got demoted...

At the NHL level Nyquist is not nearly as good as Tatar has been. In spite of being given as much or more opportunity. I don't know what he did to impress you, but if that did the trick then think back 5-10 games ago and pay attention to number 21 and your mind will probably be blown into cosmic dust.

I know everyone has been real impressed with Tatar because he came out of the gate flying, but in reality he's cooled considerably lately to a level you'd more expect out of him. The last two games he played in particular he was really weak on the puck. I'm not hating on Tatar or anything, I think he's great, but at this time I don't think you'll see a real impact if Nyquist is up instead of Tatar. That being said I'd take both of them over some of our current roster.

And if I remember right I think their numbers are pretty similar NHL wise. I know Nyquist has a bit more time with Datsyuk from last year, but still not a real game changing difference.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

I know everyone has been real impressed with Tatar because he came out of the gate flying, but in reality he's cooled considerably lately to a level you'd more expect out of him. The last two games he played in particular he was really weak on the puck. I'm not hating on Tatar or anything, I think he's great, but at this time I don't think you'll see a real impact if Nyquist is up instead of Tatar. That being said I'd take both of them over some of our current roster.

And if I remember right I think their numbers are pretty similar NHL wise. I know Nyquist has a bit more time with Datsyuk from last year, but still not a real game changing difference.

The difference is that one of them scores goals and the other racks up secondary assists. Also, Nyquist's most common linemates last season were Datsyuk and Bertuzzi so it was more than just "a bit more time". Finally, Tatar didn't cool off, or at least any more than Datsyuk, Zetterberg, or anyone else did. Nobody is scoring goals currently. If we take the last five games as any indication then our only offensive threats have been Kronwall and Kindl. Ugh.

The difference is that one of them scores goals and the other racks up secondary assists. Also, Nyquist's most common linemates last season were Datsyuk and Bertuzzi so it was more than just "a bit more time". Finally, Tatar didn't cool off, or at least any more than Datsyuk, Zetterberg, or anyone else did. Nobody is scoring goals currently. If we take the last five games as any indication then our only offensive threats have been Kronwall and Kindl. Ugh.

I think Tatar is more of a goal scorer. But you're exaggerating a bit with description of their play.

Take this year's stats in GR:

Tatar - 45GP - 20G

Nyquist - 57GP - 23G

So while Tatar is on pace to score more, he's hardly blowing Goose out of the water.

Tatar was making rookie mistakes his last few games. Lots of people I think are still starry eyed by his great start and don't see it, but his youth started to show in the wrong ways. Do I still think he deserved top 6 over Cleary? Totally. I'm not going to argue Nyquist over Tatar, I like them both. I just don't think the move will be impactful either way. And Abdelkader and Cleary have both proven that just because you play with Datsyuk doesn't mean you put up points, lol. Nyquist got a lot of time with that line last year because he was doing well at it.

Both deserve to be up here. Nuff said. However no matter how much we ***** about it, Babcock will not move them around right away. I think he is waiting for his precious Helm to come back. Then we'll see him up with Dats.