12 replies to this topic

#1 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

great shift by matthias on the pk here.

has anyone seen another player have a great shift while on the PK?

#2 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Great effort.

Cue the Holland haters in 5-4-3-2-1................

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#3 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

What a shift! Why would this have anything to do with Holland???

#4 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

we traded him for todd bertuzzi. 

#5 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

From Hockeydb.com: 2007-Feb-27 Traded from Detroit Red Wings with round 2 pick in the 2007 draft (Nick Spaling) and conditional pick in the 2008 draft to Florida Panthers for Todd Bertuzzi

"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#6 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

Seriously awesome shift.  Scouting report on him says he lacks hustle and intensity.  Definitely proved the haters wrong on that one.  Atta boy Shawn!

Edited by kipwinger, 15 March 2013 - 09:11 AM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#7 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

Great goal, he could have gotten called for tripping though, but it look like Hamilton dove.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#8 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

akldfj;alj;fajfa;j HOLLLANDDD NOOOOO. WHYYY. 

but seriously great shift. We need bert, our resident shoot out expert, back in the lineup one of these days.

#9 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

Matthias wasn't a great loss, but that shift was awesome.  A Helm-like shift there, and the score at the end of it, he can brag about that for a while.

Speaking of Helm, anyone have a video of that one shift he had maybe three years ago, where it was him against basically the entire opposing team, and he kept getting the puck along the boards and carrying it around for a whole shift?  Passing to himself and whatnot?  That was one of the coolest things I've seen.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#10 BleedRed&White25

BleedRed&White25

Salty Dog

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

Matthias wasn't a great loss, but that shift was awesome.  A Helm-like shift there, and the score at the end of it, he can brag about that for a while.

Speaking of Helm, anyone have a video of that one shift he had maybe three years ago, where it was him against basically the entire opposing team, and he kept getting the puck along the boards and carrying it around for a whole shift?  Passing to himself and whatnot?  That was one of the coolest things I've seen.

You mean this one?  :hehe: 

Hostile to the past, impatient of the present, and cheated of the future.

#11 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

That's the one!  That was the seminal Helm moment for me.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#12 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Get used to him...Panthers are in our division next year. That is so wierd btw.

#13 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Chasing down that puck, then diving and getting the puck before the defenders legs, then getting up and controlling the puck, then scoring from in that close... Wow! All of those things take great skill alone, but putting them all together in a 5 second sequence is absolutely amazing

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy