• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/15 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Oilers 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

If we have trouble to score goals again tonight, and again Babcock refuses to change the lines, then Kenny needs to strongly consider giving him the pink slip.

Now more positively, LETS GO WINGS! I think Pavel is going to have a great game tonight.

At least have a better day than I did, with fewer glaring errors and embarrassing mistakes.

Sorry you had a crappy day:(

I don't know what to say about the game tonight. Hopefully they come out and play like they actually give two s***s and we see a full sixty minute effort by the team we were watching prior to these last 3 games. Please and thank you. LGW!

Sorry you had a crappy day:(

I don't know what to say about the game tonight. Hopefully they come out and play like they actually give two s***s and we see a full sixty minute effort by the team we were watching prior to these last 3 games. Please and thank you. LGW!

Not a crappy one- just one of those days where you say, "I can't believe I did that. How stupid."

It started with falling out of bed and scraping my knee on an open drawer, and then pouring the milk on my cereal with the spoon sitting on top of the cereal, causing the splash to deflect and spray out in every direction.

Now in hockey terms, this means that we'll forget to change ends at the start of each period and Babs will forget which of the kids plays defense and which is a forward, causing awkward line changes.

falling out of bed and scraping my knee on an open drawer, and then pouring the milk on my cereal with the spoon sitting on top of the cereal, causing the splash to deflect and spray out in every direction.

LOL so essentially "bad ice" that leads to everybody tripping over their own dicks, and deflected pucks that go everywhere *except* in the back of the Oilers' net. Throw in a few too many men on the ice penalties and we've got ourselves a game!

In that case, I am in total agreement with you--here's to hoping the Wings have a better day than you!

Don't try to rationalize the Tootoo benching. Babcock is the only guy on earth who in the same interview can say “I go through this time and time again with players and media and everyone: The players decide who plays, not me. If you play good, you get to keep playing". And then say immediately afterwards, "Now, Lash, there’s nothing wrong with Lash’s game,” he said. “We just want to change here for a day".

Sometimes I have to work really hard to convince myself that he's not a performance artist whose whole "routine" is to make obviously contradictory statements just too see if he can talk people into believing stupid s*** simply by scowling and having good hair.

Edited by kipwinger

If Babs sat Tootoo on purpose, I wish I knew his reasoning. He has more heart on a given shift than most of the more veteran Wings.

I've given up on trying to make sense of Babcock's lineup decisions this season. There is no rhyme or reason to any of it.

This game needs to be a win. Badly. And we need to score more than 2 goals. I'd like to see Brunner get one, as well as Pav, Z and anyone in the bottom 6.

Edited by dat's sick

Don't try to rationalize the Tootoo benching. Babcock is the only guy on earth who in the same interview can say “I go through this time and time again with players and media and everyone: The players decide who plays, not me. If you play good, you get to keep playing". And then say immediately afterwards, "Now, Lash, there’s nothing wrong with Lash’s game,” he said. “We just want to change here for a day".

Sometimes I have to work really hard to convince myself that he's not a performance artist whose whole "routine" is to make obviously contradictory statements just too see if he can talk people into believing stupid s*** simply by scowling and having good hair.

5017621236_8d93d567ab_z.jpg

esteef

5017621236_8d93d567ab_z.jpg

esteef

Exactly! Just for fun I google searched "Young Mike Babcock" to see if I could find a picture of him in his youth, or his days coaching the juniors, or anything of the sort. Being a fairly famous person you would think there would be some. There...aren't...any.

"Mike Babcock" is a character created by the National Hockey League to evaluate fan intelligence. If the reasonably intelligent "rabid fanbase" of the NHL does not notice/care that this man is an imposter then surely they aren't smart enough to give a damn about repeat work stoppages, arbitrary rules changes/enforcement, and blatant favoritism.

Worst of all, the plan worked. So well in fact, that one of the premier organizations in the league hired this loutish thespian before being let in on the secret. After a good belly laugh Ilitch, Holland, Devellano, and Nill decided to play along with the charade while closely guarding the fact that the Red Wings ACTUAL head coaches since 2005 have been Todd McClellan, Paul McLean, Jeff Blashill, and Tom Renney.

Time to wake up Red Wings fans. We're being hoodwinked! Doncha see?

Edited by kipwinger