• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/15 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Oilers 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Exactly! Just for fun I google searched "Young Mike Babcock" to see if I could find a picture of him in his youth, or his days coaching the juniors, or anything of the sort. Being a fairly famous person you would think there would be some. There...aren't...any.

"Mike Babcock" is a character created by the National Hockey League to evaluate fan intelligence. If the reasonably intelligent "rabid fanbase" of the NHL does not notice/care that this man is an imposter then surely they aren't smart enough to give a damn about repeat work stoppages, arbitrary rules changes/enforcement, and blatant favoritism.

Worst of all, the plan worked. So well in fact, that one of the premier organizations in the league hired this loutish thespian before being let in on the secret. After a good belly laugh Ilitch, Holland, Devellano, and Nill decided to play along with the charade while closely guarding the fact that the Red Wings ACTUAL head coaches since 2005 have been Todd McClellan, Paul McLean, Jeff Blashill, and Tom Renney.

Time to wake up Red Wings fans. We're being hoodwinked! Doncha see?

This pre game rant = awesome

We need a cartoon comic atyle pic of Babcock to go with it.

Z - Datsyuk - Brunner

Franzen - Filppula - Nyquist

Maybe we can try this or something else instead of Abdelkader there and none of the lines producing lately.

Did you copy and paste my post from last game?

I want Hank to score tonight.

I would like to see this happen before i shovel the first tostitos bowl of taco salad into my face

Go Wings.

At least have a better day than I did, with fewer glaring errors and embarrassing mistakes.

If you can win, that would be good too.

Wings win a millionty-seven to one.

Why can't you ever be realistic? Your like a little kid! The ONLY way we could score a millionty-seven is if we had two Abby's to put on Pasha's line! I say they only win eleventy-five to one. Grow up!!!

Ahh it's that time again. I didn't get to watch the Flames game, first one I missed in a few years, but I don't think I missed out on that much. It was nice to see that Filppula scored and I'm hoping he does against the Oil tonight!

Here's to turning things around and playing solid games!

Red Wings 4 (Brunner, Zetterberg, Franzen, Filppula)

Oilers 2

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

Exactly! Just for fun I google searched "Young Mike Babcock" to see if I could find a picture of him in his youth, or his days coaching the juniors, or anything of the sort. Being a fairly famous person you would think there would be some. There...aren't...any.

"Mike Babcock" is a character created by the National Hockey League to evaluate fan intelligence. If the reasonably intelligent "rabid fanbase" of the NHL does not notice/care that this man is an imposter then surely they aren't smart enough to give a damn about repeat work stoppages, arbitrary rules changes/enforcement, and blatant favoritism.

Worst of all, the plan worked. So well in fact, that one of the premier organizations in the league hired this loutish thespian before being let in on the secret. After a good belly laugh Ilitch, Holland, Devellano, and Nill decided to play along with the charade while closely guarding the fact that the Red Wings ACTUAL head coaches since 2005 have been Todd McClellan, Paul McLean, Jeff Blashill, and Tom Renney.

Time to wake up Red Wings fans. We're being hoodwinked! Doncha see?

This is funny, clever stuff! Thanks for the chortles. Hope it won't be the last time I smile tonight...!

Why can't you ever be realistic? Your like a little kid! The ONLY way we could score a millionty-seven is if we had two Abby's to put on Pasha's line! I say they only win eleventy-five to one. Grow up!!!

It's a good thing I looked to see who was posting. I read the first two sentences and was about to raise a single-finger salute. Cheers, friend. I'll take the eleventy-five, but it's gonna be eleventy-five to one-half.

Young Mike Babcock for kipwinger:

10wqt699.jpg

Note that he floats in mid-air. Just like an apparition or a hologram. I think you might be on to something.

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 3-game losing streak (1 shutout, 1 shootout))

Away: 2-game losing streak (1 shutout)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. Edmonton

Overall: 3-game winning streak (1 shutout)

Away: 1-game losing streak (shootout)

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season

Overall: 5W-3L-0OTL-2SOL

Away: 3W-5L-2OTL

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season v. Edmonton

Overall: 9W-0L-0OTL-1SOL

Away: 6W-0L-0OTL-4SOL

Home Games / Away Games

This is the second of three consecutive Away games

Detroit v. Edmonton

All-time, Overall v. Edmonton
118G: 58W-36L-13T-0RT-4OTL-7SOL
All-time, Away v. Edmonton
58G: 21W-20L-10T-0RT-2OTL-5SOL
Season Record v. Edmonton
This is the last of three games v. Edmonton this season, with the Club's record in the previous two games:
2W
This is the only Away game v. Edmonton this season

Record on this Day

March 15

This is the 42nd regular-season game played on this day, with the Club’s record in the previous 41 games:

23W-12L-6T

This is the 2nd game played v. Edmonton on this day, with the Club's record in the previous game:

1W

LGW.

Tonight's Officials

Referees #4 Wes McCauley, #22 - Ghislain Hebert Linesmen#76 - Michel Cormier, #57 - Jay Sharrers

Edited by cusimano_brothers

It's a good thing I looked to see who was posting. I read the first two sentences and was about to raise a single-finger salute. Cheers, friend. I'll take the eleventy-five, but it's gonna be eleventy-five to one-half.

Young Mike Babcock for kipwinger:

10wqt699.jpg

Note that he floats in mid-air. Just like an apparition or a hologram. I think you might be on to something.

LOL. Was hoping to catch you a little off guard. LGW!!!

Did you copy and paste my post from last game?

I would like to see this happen before i shovel the first tostitos bowl of taco salad into my face

Haha, I didn't see that but I like the way you think. It makes more sense for Babcock to at least try Z and Pavel together again now with Filppula back to center the second line. Nyquist is being wasted on the third line too.

Haha, I didn't see that but I like the way you think. It makes more sense for Babcock to at least try Z and Pavel together again now with Filppula back to center the second line. Nyquist is being wasted on the third line too.

Exactly why I proposed those exact lines last game. I just wish to follow that the 3rd line was Tatar-Andersson-Eaves again. That line sure hustled a lot.

why is tootoo out again damnit

Because only when we here at LGW.COM realize and admit that Babs IS Yoda Of Hockey and WAY wiser than we could ever hope to be, will he stop reading our furum and creating lines just to spite us. So, suck it up and pay homage to him.

Oh great and wise Babs, I realize that I know nothing about hockey and that you are the great and wise one in these matters. Please forgive me for falling to the temptations brought about by my fellow LGW'rs and questioning your divine wisdom in all matters hockey. I will for the remainder of my existance pay homage to and fall before the feet of the One True Hockey Yoda. For He knows best. Word!

Helene St. James said that it's likely that Toots is in and Eaves out.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130315/SPORTS05/130315076/detroit-red-wings-edmonton-oilers