• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/15 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Oilers 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

We are the Detroit Red Wings and we are making the PLAYOFFS

Official Bandwagon Driver right here, hop aboard! *presses the horn and a large, red colored boat horn that sounds remarkably like the one over the Joe sounds*

20 minutes of hockey and they got 2 points and Datsyuk being Datsyuk is a big part of that extra point

they got out of that slump but that effort won't work tomorrow in Vancouver have to play start to finish hopefully the Wings are going to put some W's together now

Edited by Yak19

Franzen made a heck of a pass thats for sure. Got to give him credit for that.

On Datsyuk's goal?

I only saw the highlights so maybe I missed something? But if you guys are talking about the pass at center ice that was something anyone on the team could've done.

Great move and shot by Dats though.

On Datsyuk's goal?

I only saw the highlights so maybe I missed something? But if you guys are talking about the pass at center ice that was something anyone on the team could've done.

Considering this team passes like a Kia on the Autobahn this year, I’d say our standards here are pretty low. Hence “great pass by Franzen”.

Considering this team passes like a Kia on the Autobahn this year, I’d say our standards here are pretty low. Hence “great pass by Franzen”.

This. There are 5 people on the team that could deliver a pass like that and only 3-4 of them could actually catch the pass and put it in. Franzen + Dats = Goal!

BTW, Dats played with Franzen today and finally broke out of his slumber. Everyone here wanted to see Dats with someone besides Cleary and Abdelkader. He was with Franzen for probably half of his shifts.

This. There are 5 people on the team that could deliver a pass like that and only 3-4 of them could actually catch the pass and put it in. Franzen + Dats = Goal!

He frustrates me as much as everyone else, but if that had been Cleary or Abdelkader in Mule's spot on that play, the puck would have been dumped into the corner.

On Datsyuk's goal?

I think it was more the awareness to cut to the middle and wait until Pav created a passing lane.

THAT is something most guys on this team WOULDN'T do.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...effed if I can figure this team out. The 1st 2 periods were us at our worst...playing on the outside..too fancy..then in the 3rd we got pucks to the middle of the ice and got some shots on net...and some luck..I like luck. Dats is the best player on this team but in my opinion Jimmy is the MVP

I think Datsyuk is really missing Bert. I can imagine them two being the weird combination of friendship within the locker room. Bert being all stern but his joke side, pasha with his quiet but joke side. Bert mimic's his shootouts and tries to one up it. Playing on the same line, produced together, several celebration hugs . The loveship between them is gone! Pasha misses his Bert!

I'd like to think you're right. :)

He frustrates me as much as everyone else, but if that had been Cleary or Abdelkader in Mule's spot on that play, the puck would have been dumped into the corner.

I think it was more the awareness to cut to the middle and wait until Pav created a passing lane.

THAT is something most guys on this team WOULDN'T do.

True. True.

It wasn't really intended so much as a slam on Mule, just wondered if I missed something else before the highlight. And that goal was 90% Datsyuk.

The biggest thing Mule brought to that play was patience with the puck, which goalscorers tend to have more of then most guys.