482 replies to this topic

#461 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

:plain:

Read my post about him and Smith on the previous page.  

Some big loss.   :shout:

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#462 WINGS & FLOW

WINGS & FLOW

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

Datsyuk's shot never would've went in had the puck not first been blessed by the benevolent spirit of the Mule.

Yes sir

#463 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,368 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

Anyone know who is getting the nod in goal tomorrow? 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#464 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

http://www.leftwingl...arting-goalies/

leftwinglock has Howard as probable

Edit: Confirmed it will be Howard

Edited by Yak19, 16 March 2013 - 12:53 AM.

#465 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

Howard = average... in Bizarro World.

#466 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

Won the game but lost a d-man:

Kyle Quincey suffered injury to cheek when hit by puck. Out indefinitely. #RedWings

Is this real life??

IPB Image

#467 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

Is Jeff Petry available? He's a goal scorer.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#468 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

I wonder if Quincey will come back with a visor.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#469 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

Sick OT goal ... 

#470 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

Considering this team passes like a Kia on the Autobahn this year, I’d say our standards here are pretty low. Hence “great pass by Franzen”. 

This.  There are 5 people on the team that could deliver a pass like that and only 3-4 of them could actually catch the pass and put it in.  Franzen + Dats = Goal!

BTW, Dats played with Franzen today and finally broke out of his slumber.  Everyone here wanted to see Dats with someone besides Cleary and Abdelkader.  He was with Franzen for probably half of his shifts.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#471 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

This.  There are 5 people on the team that could deliver a pass like that and only 3-4 of them could actually catch the pass and put it in.  Franzen + Dats = Goal!

He frustrates me as much as everyone else, but if that had been Cleary or Abdelkader in Mule's spot on that play, the puck would have been dumped into the corner.

On Datsyuk's goal?

I only saw the highlights so maybe I missed something? But if you guys are talking about the pass at center ice that was something anyone on the team could've done.

Great move and shot by Dats though.

I think it was more the awareness to cut to the middle and wait until Pav created a passing lane.

THAT is something most guys on this team WOULDN'T do.

#472 Wings10

Wings10

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Whoa Wings won this game :blushing:  Maybe I should shut the tv off more after 2 periods.

#473 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again...effed if I can figure this team out.  The 1st 2 periods were us at our worst...playing on the outside..too fancy..then in the 3rd we got pucks to the middle of the ice and got some shots on net...and some luck..I like luck.  Dats is the best player on this team but in my opinion Jimmy is the MVP

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#474 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

I think Datsyuk is really missing Bert. I can imagine them two being the weird combination of friendship within the locker room. Bert being all stern but his joke side, pasha with his quiet but joke side. Bert mimic's his shootouts and tries to one up it. Playing on the same line, produced together, several celebration hugs  . The loveship between them is gone! Pasha misses his Bert!

I'd like to think you're right.   :)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#475 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

He frustrates me as much as everyone else, but if that had been Cleary or Abdelkader in Mule's spot on that play, the puck would have been dumped into the corner.

I think it was more the awareness to cut to the middle and wait until Pav created a passing lane.

THAT is something most guys on this team WOULDN'T do.

True. True.

It wasn't really intended so much as a slam on Mule, just wondered if I missed something else before the highlight. And that goal was 90% Datsyuk.

The biggest thing Mule brought to that play was patience with the puck, which goalscorers tend to have more of then most guys.

#476 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

Cleary - Andersson - Abdelkader wasn't half bad as a shutdown line.

That said, I wish that Tatar would replace Nyquist. Tatar is NHL-ready, Nyquist is not.

#477 heyfolks

heyfolks

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

I enjoyed glancing through pages 10+.  Eff youuu. F***, malarky, is Mule overweight? Howard has horrible rebound control,  very creative Cleary with Pavel, and my favorite, this D passes like a Kia on the autobahn.

I think we all agree Pasha's legend is growing.  I enjoy every game he plays.

Howard was, again, sensational.

Fil - Mickey insists on it and I can't disagree, he hasn't missed a beat.  A contract year will do that.

Hank & Brunner - they are turning the puck over, not in the right spot, etc.  They need SOMETHING! < now THAT'S coaching!

Tootoo - Everyone can be bested, accept Anderson Silva.  Mike Brown is your weakness.  Skate on by.

OK, now far be it for me to stop the complaint fest on this group.  I still see them in the postseason, and I like the top 6 on D.... so I will bash them to shreds!  :)

Smith -This kid plays tryout hockey.  Give the puck up, make the pass, support, etc.  < He is the most frustrating guy on D for me to watch.  He has the tools, but he either has severe myopia or an ego that requires two helmets.

Kronner - you are getting beat, making bad passes and not hitting a SOUL.  Rather than focus on improving your skill set, crush someone.  The adreneline of fight or flight will take care of the rest, but good night Kindl has the best D hit of the season... KINDL!

Kindl - Let them drop into the sack kid.   Babcock can't literally whip you.  The guy skates through the neutral zone with fear, not of a crushing hit, but of a mistake.   Painful to watch.  Last night the guy did the same drop pass again and again and again and again, literally that many times.  Drop passes are one step above dump and chases on the PP.  You see the pass, but you don't make it.  MAKE IT .. or not, but efffing try.  < It just struck me, maybe Kindl's nickname should not be Kuba it should be TULL.   Why?  Whenever he is ourt there  he reminds of the lyrics, " skating away on the thin ice of a new day." 

Lash - you get beat on the outside like a returned runaway slave.  I would tell you to get faster, but that is like telling the Show Pony to get tougher.

Quincey - Kindl was given the ridiculous "almost made the roster at 18 label" which is bad enough because of the implied skill set but you sir, have a real issue.  The Wings gave up a #1 pick for you.  Forget the Wings history with #1's no one will recall McCollum, Wallin, Max, Yan etc.  NO sir, you cost the Wings eerrrr, hhhmmmm, welllllll,, the next Sheahan, Smith or Kindl!  Soft, out of position and no offense.

Ericsson - Babcock said you were Pronger w/o the nasty stuff.  You ain't. I recall all the hype about your slapshot.  Sure, if this were golf hockey and you were Happy Gilmore we would put it on a tee and give you all the time you like to shoot.  However, every team knows the forward can drop between the circles and still get to you before you shoot.  Try the nasty stuff.

#478 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,368 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Is this real life??

Fractured cheek bone. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#479 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

Edmonton sucks.

#480 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts