• Please log in to reply
482 replies to this topic

#141 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

The whole thing is Abby gives Datsyuk more space to work on the ice, but no one is using that space to take shots so it's not helping anyone.

Posted Image

#142 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

For those not watching the FSD feed, Mick is saying Dats is very high on Abby being on his line and Abby was moved down to help the third line defensively against the RNH line.

Hopefully Nyquist can spark Dats and Mule.

haha just beat me to it!

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#143 djv19

djv19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Maybe dats was just high.

#144 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

For those not watching the FSD feed, Mick is saying Dats is very high on Abby being on his line and Abby was moved down to help the third line defensively against the RNH line.

Hopefully Nyquist can spark Dats and Mule.

I'm calling bulls*** on Datsyuk actually liking Abby on his line over others on the team.  Mickey's just carrying the water for Babs on that one.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#145 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

I'm calling bulls*** on Datsyuk actually liking Abby on his line over others on the team.  Mickey's just carrying the water for Babs on that one.

esteef

I also thought this was a possibility. We'll.... never know now. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#146 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

I same the same exact thing to my girlfriend. "Wow, Brendoané really speaks well for himself. He sounded really good and gave a novel for each answer. That was insane."

What was REALLY interesting is when Micky Redmond was giving his segment. They asked what he had thought about Nyquist playing with Datsyuk and Abby playing on the 3rd line to pair up with Ryan Nugent Hopkins. Micky said that when asked about his teammates, Datsyuk actually said he LIKED Abdelkader on his line. He liked his physicality and he felt like he opened space for him. Apparently Babcock had asked Datsyuk about his line and he said he didn't want it changed. I have zero idea, but that's what came out of Micky Redmond's mouth.

I think it's true. Dats has played with Homer and/or Bert for the past few seasons while the other top line has been smaller physically. This is part of the reason I'd like Clowe next season, especially if Bert is on LTIR.

#147 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

2nd period underway

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#148 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

I also thought this was a possibility. We'll.... never know now. 

Dats is too good of a guy to throw one of his teammates under the bus to the media like that.  He can't like having Abby with him too much with his whopping ZERO goals in umpteen games.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#149 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

I same the same exact thing to my girlfriend. "Wow, Brendoané really speaks well for himself. He sounded really good and gave a novel for each answer. That was insane."

What was REALLY interesting is when Micky Redmond was giving his segment. They asked what he had thought about Nyquist playing with Datsyuk and Abby playing on the 3rd line to pair up with Ryan Nugent Hopkins. Micky said that when asked about his teammates, Datsyuk actually said he LIKED Abdelkader on his line. He liked his physicality and he felt like he opened space for him. Apparently Babcock had asked Datsyuk about his line and he said he didn't want it changed. I have zero idea, but that's what came out of Micky Redmond's mouth.

College doesn't look so bad now.   :lol:

Abby isn't so bad cause he works hard, he's just not good with the puck.  It just looked even worse when Cleary was on that line cause he's suck a mess.  Now if Abby was on with Dats and Z, then it would have a similar effect to having Homer on that line, freeing up a chance to have the Euro Twins together and have Flip centre Mule and Sir Damien.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#150 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

you expect Datsyuk to say he hates having Abby on his line?

#151 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

2nd period underway

Dear Gamecenter, 

Please catch up with real life.  

Thanks.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#152 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

esteef

I'm sure he'd prefer someone with more skill, but the Wings have no one close to being as physical as Abby on the forecheck. He has ~13% of the entire team's hits and leads the next closest player (Tootoo) by ~20 hits.

#153 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

man after that 1st period I need a beer

if things keep going the way they are, by the end of the night I'll be needing a keg

or some heroin

hey! here's an idea- someone sneak into the Wings' locker room and spike their water bottles with amphetamines, or some cocaine perhaps; that'll jump-start 'em!!

#154 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

you expect Datsyuk to say he hates having Abby on his line?

No, but Cleary's another story.  :cheesy:

#155 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

So I guess everything about datsyuk is BS right? At least according to us "fans". I like Abby with datsyuk. He brings size, speed, and some grit. No he doesn't score-not his game. But there is no one else on this team that can do the things that Abby does.

#156 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

The crowd is enjoying a nice night out at the theatre. 

Naahhh, that was Coach Bill Self at the Kansas/Iowa State game.  

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#157 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Dear Gamecenter, 

Please catch up with real life.  

Thanks.

The Hall goal was on here about 30 seconds prior to GameCenter catching up. It's worse refreshing the forums during a PP and knowing there won't be a goal.

#158 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Lol Hall. What a chode

#159 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

I'm sure he'd prefer someone with more skill, but the Wings have no one close to being as physical as Abby on the forecheck. He has ~13% of the entire team's hits and leads the next closest player (Tootoo) by ~20 hits.

He plays half the game....

#160 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

I bet we lead the league in posts hit. At least 2 a game