• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Time to blow it up and rebuild

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

Datsyuk's retiring after next season. There's no realistic chance that we're going to be able to get out of the garbage Holland's gotten us into by next season (not enough to be a legitimate championship contender, at least). Let's be the first team ever to know when is when, and blow it up to jump-start a rebuild.

Trade Datsyuk. He'll make a middling contender into the favorite to win the next two Stanley Cups. He's got a lot more value than most players in his situation. Put him out there and take the best draft pick/prospect/young player package you can get - ASAP (trade deadline, this season). Honor Pav. Part on good terms. Give him the chance he deserves to win two more rings. Retire his jersey soon thereafter.

Trade Franzen. I've had enough of him too. Still got several years left in him. Manageable contract. Still a big name. Still excites with memories. Still has value. Float him out there and take the best draft pick/prospect/young player package you can get - ASAP (trade deadline, this season).

Filppula. He's topped out and it's not that great. Similar to Mule in terms of mistaken apparent value. Little less due to expiring contract. Still, plenty of value at the deadline. Put him out there and take the best draft pick/prospect/young player combo we can get.

Samuelsson. Trade him if you can. Buy him out if you can't.

Quincey. Trade him if you can. Buy him out if you can't.

Colaiacovo. Trade him if you can. Bu..

Bertuzzi. Trade him if you can. Bu..

Eaves. Trade him if you can. Bu..

Gustavsson. Trade him if you can. Bu..

Cleary. Trade him if you can. Let him walk at the end of the season if you can't.

White. Trade him if you can. Let him walk at the end of the season if you can't.

Miller. Trade him if you can. Let him walk at the end of the season if you can't.

Huskins. Let him walk at the end of the season.

Kronwall? I'd float his name out there to see what we could get in return; but I'd probably prefer to keep him as the leader of our next generation's defense.

Zetterberg? Again, I'd float his name out there as well to see what we could get in return; but again, I'd probably prefer to keep him as the leader of our next generation's forwards - and team as a whole.

Call up all the kids and see what they can do. Mix in all the picks, prospects and young players we're going to get from the above moves with what we've got below.

Tatar-Zetterberg-Brunner(UFA)
Nyquist(RFA)-Jarnkrok-Pulkkinen
Frk-Helm-Jurco
Andersson(RFA)-Abdelkader-Sheahan
Emmerton, Tootoo

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Lashoff
Kindl-Sproul
Oullet

Howard(UFA)
Mrazek

Also. I think it's time for Mr. Holland to hang em up as well. Bring in Yzerman to handle the rebuild. The mistakes Holland has made in getting us into this mess - and wasting the second half of Datsyuk's career - are too many to name. The bottom line is that he hasn't done one good thing since Bowman left the organization (as an advisor).

Edited by blueadams

While I agree that we need to trade Datsyuk for max assets if he is leaving - i think that bringing in all our prospects at once is a bad idea.

I think that we should explore:

- Trading Datsyuk (if leaving) and Fil asap and get what we can

- Keep Franzen for now

- LTIR Bert so we don't go on the hook for his cap hit.

- Trade/Amnesty Sammy

- Trade/Amnesty Colo

- Keep Quincey for now unless included in a trade (not losing him for nothing after giving up first rounder)

- Let White and Cleary Walk

- Re-up Miller for a year or two

- Keep Eaves

- Keep core of Zetterberg, Franzen, Brunner, Helm, Kronner, Ericsson with some good grinders like Eaves, Miller to avoid being too young

- Promote Jarnkrok, Tatar, Nyquist, Andersson, Smith, Lashoff, Backman Full time next season - (Backman already plays for Sweden)

- Wait a year or two to promote all of Sproul, Ouellet, Pulkkinen

- Be active in the UFA and trade market (We have a lot of forward and D assets that are young and talented and with Kindl emerging too we can afford to move some things around) - try to swing a few trades for young assets not fully valued yet (Gormley, Rundblad, etc.)

If re-built correctly, this process will take another 2-3 seasons to come to fruition and possibly competing to be a playoff team again. The key is getting Jarnkrok and Backman in now so they are comfortable when the 2 years are up.

I won't project a lineup because who knows which guys will be traded and for whom. Who knows who will hit free agency either. It all depends on 29 other teams going forward.

While I agree that we need to trade Datsyuk for max assets if he is leaving - i think that bringing in all our prospects at once is a bad idea.

I think that we should explore:

- Trading Datsyuk (if leaving) and Fil asap and get what we can

- Keep Franzen for now

- LTIR Bert so we don't go on the hook for his cap hit.

- Trade/Amnesty Sammy

- Trade/Amnesty Colo

- Keep Quincey for now unless included in a trade (not losing him for nothing after giving up first rounder)

- Let White and Cleary Walk

- Re-up Miller for a year or two

- Keep Eaves

- Keep core of Zetterberg, Franzen, Brunner, Helm, Kronner, Ericsson with some good grinders like Eaves, Miller to avoid being too young

- Promote Jarnkrok, Tatar, Nyquist, Andersson, Smith, Lashoff, Backman Full time next season - (Backman already plays for Sweden)

- Wait a year or two to promote all of Sproul, Ouellet, Pulkkinen

- Be active in the UFA and trade market (We have a lot of forward and D assets that are young and talented and with Kindl emerging too we can afford to move some things around) - try to swing a few trades for young assets not fully valued yet (Gormley, Rundblad, etc.)

If re-built correctly, this process will take another 2-3 seasons to come to fruition and possibly competing to be a playoff team again. The key is getting Jarnkrok and Backman in now so they are comfortable when the 2 years are up.

I won't project a lineup because who knows which guys will be traded and for whom. Who knows who will hit free agency either. It all depends on 29 other teams going forward.

This is a much better idea than the OP. And we can only have 2 amnesty buyouts. The 1 thing though is only trade Datsyuk if we're out of the playoff picture NEXT year to a team that could win it to send him out on top, but still I'd have a sour taste in my mouth seeing Dats on any other team. Boston wouldn't be the worst team to go to...

:hysterical: blowing up an NHL team like it's the NBA.

:hysterical: we're a #1 D and another top 6 guy from being back in the hunt, now can we stop these god damn knee jerk reaction threads?

I'm down for letting some scrubs walk and bring up some young blood, but blowing up the team is crazy talk. The OP just looks like a screen shot from the Wings Hockey's Future.

Wow..... They are not even that far away from contending. They have prospects, they are also the most likely team to make a blockbuster trade at the deadline btw. They've lost some games the past couple but what are ya gonna do. Bring up 12 players with no NHL experience and have then get injured or even worse not get a chance to develop? They will finish in the 6th spot head to playoffs and have a shot. That's all anyone can ask for this year.

:thumbup:

I can't even begin to think about how to respond to this post. It's simply insane.

Do you realize/understand what buying out all those contracts would do to this team both in the near and long-term?

+1

blueadams are you Jeff Loria? When did we become the Miami Marlins?...put down the kool-aid bro, this is some crazy speak. While I agree that some stuff needs to change for real, your post is incredibly shortsighted. The financials, fan reaction, and bad logic would be overwhelming. You think we'd even get decent value for our players if everyone knew we were having a fire sale? You think free agents will want to.come to Detroit after that?

Edited by achildr1

Guest blueadams

I said to buy out two contracts - Samuelsson and Quincey - if we can't move them in a trade.

:thumbup:

I can't even begin to think about how to respond to this post. It's simply insane.

Do you realize/understand what buying out all those contracts would do to this team both in the near and long-term?

Face the facts. 20 year run is over. Has been over. It's time to start over. Clear the roster. Acquire new kids and picks in trade. Sign some new kids in FA. Call up our own kids. Get a couple high 1st rd. picks.

Start over.

Do it right.

It'll be easier to do now than in two
years.

I said to buy out two contracts - Samuelsson and Quincey - if we can't move them in a trade.

Face the facts. 20 year run is over. Has been over. It's time to start over. Clear the roster. Acquire new kids and picks in trade. Sign some new kids in FA. Call up our own kids. Get a couple high 1st rd. picks.

Start over.

Do it right.

It'll be easier to do now than in two years.

This is what you wrote:

To the avid English-speaking poster, this implies you want these players to be bought out if they can't be traded. That number is 6, not 2.

The twenty year run is not over until they miss the playoffs. Blowing up the roster is simply stupid when you can subtract pieces and continue to build with the solid players you have along with the youth that's making its way up.

Is this team what it once was, no...but that doesn't mean they can't be with the correct additions/subtractions. Your OP comes off like something an impulsive child would say.

This is what you wrote:

To the avid English-speaking poster, this implies you want these players to be bought out if they can't be traded. That number is 6, not 2.

The twenty year run is not over until they miss the playoffs. Blowing up the roster is simply stupid when you can subtract pieces and continue to build with the solid players you have along with the youth that's making its way up.

Is this team what it once was, no...but that doesn't mean they can't be with the correct additions/subtractions. Your OP comes off like something an impulsive child would say.

That's what I was referring to when I stated that we only have 2 buyouts. Thanks for the time saver.

I look at it differently. I do not see it a a drastic decline in the Wings, but rather, an improvement in the competition. The salary cap era was created to gain parity in the league, and I think it has done so. For a lot of those years prior, the Wings had an open checkbook and could dominate the league in paying for talent, and it showed. Unfortunately, it has caused a lot of spoiled fans that are now longing for the return of those days. Well, people, those days are over.