• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

WMU's season.....

Rate this topic

WMU is playing Michigan in the CCHA playoffs right now. Michigan is up 4-3. if WMU loses are they going to make the frozen four? if not and Michigan holds on, is Dekeyser available to be signed this weekend? next week? Danny would sure look good in Red and White next weekend....... (Griffins version).

Ok Michigan won, but as I was watching they mentioned it is a best of 3 series. So at least 1 more game. But the same questions are there. if WMU is out of the CCHA this weekend, is their season done? if so Dekeyser gets signed when?

Hopefully after they lose whatever game ends their season, Dekeyser gets notice from his coach that Ken Holland is on the line with a contract ready to sign.

Given that WMU is currently sitting 9th in the rankings, even if they get bumped from the CCHA playoffs, I doubt they'll end up missing the NCAA tourney. They've got a way to go before their season's over. Now Andrej Sustr's season at Nebraska-Omaha, that's probably going to end sooner.

edit: correcting Sustr's first name

Edited by ogreslayer

Given that WMU is currently sitting 9th in the rankings, even if they get bumped from the CCHA playoffs, I doubt they'll end up missing the NCAA tourney. They've got a way to go before their season's over. Now Anredj Sustr's season at Nebraska-Omaha, that's probably going to end sooner.

Holy s***...that's the huge dude my dad was telling me about I think. 6'8 lol. 23 points in 36 games is decent too. give me some of that and Mr. Dekeyser please. Dude will look like the leaning tower of Red!

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=44405

The overconfidence people have that Dekeyser with for sure comes to Detroit scares me a little. Call me superstitious, I just don't like assuming anything is certain. "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" is the saying, I believe.

What are the chances he comes here? I've not been able to find many good articles about it. Has he said anywhere that he would prefer Detroit?

If this is the case, the next thing that scares me is what Kenny will do. I'm hoping he takes a two-way contract and is just promised to start with the big club. Can he be offered any amount of money or are the restrictions because of his age?

I live in Kalamazoo and I hear so many good things about him and I hope he ends up a Wing..

Holy s***...that's the huge dude my dad was telling me about I think. 6'8 lol. 23 points in 36 games is decent too. give me some of that and Mr. Dekeyser please. Dude will look like the leaning tower of Red!

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=44405

Most of the NCAA eligible UFA lists I've seen have DeKeyser as the clear #1 target in what's being called a weak class with Sustr at either 2 or 3. I would really love to see Sustr in the winged wheel at some point with the 6'6" Rasmus Bodin up front.

The overconfidence people have that Dekeyser with for sure comes to Detroit scares me a little. Call me superstitious, I just don't like assuming anything is certain. "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" is the saying, I believe.

What are the chances he comes here? I've not been able to find many good articles about it. Has he said anywhere that he would prefer Detroit?

If this is the case, the next thing that scares me is what Kenny will do. I'm hoping he takes a two-way contract and is just promised to start with the big club. Can he be offered any amount of money or are the restrictions because of his age?

I live in Kalamazoo and I hear so many good things about him and I hope he ends up a Wing..

Sort of like everyone, including people in the Wings organ-i-zation evidently, thought Ryan Suter was a lock. Yeah, I'm with you there on the whole "counting chickens" front. He's gonna have all 30 teams going after him so the odds of some other team having a better offer, mostly about ice-time I would think, are pretty good.

There is some history with the RW and dekeyser. he is from detroit and grew up a Wings fan. Both good. he has camped with the RW the last few summers. Better. last year when he was deciding on staying in college or coming out, he talked to the RW and they told him to go back for 1 more year, and then come out. Which he did.

He was wanted by all 30 teams last year as well. if money is what he cared about, he could have come out last year. He didn't. Now is it a sure thing? No. nothing is. But would I give dekeyser signing a high $? hell yes. like 75%+.

Given that WMU is currently sitting 9th in the rankings, even if they get bumped from the CCHA playoffs, I doubt they'll end up missing the NCAA tourney. They've got a way to go before their season's over. Now Andrej Sustr's season at Nebraska-Omaha, that's probably going to end sooner.

Went to the Minnesota State vs Nebraska Omaha game last night. Kid looked decent

I heard that Danny DeKeyser's family is friends with Jim Nill's. He came to the Wings prospect camp in 2011. Played under Blashill. Seems like a lock. Only question is when he's eligible?

I heard that Danny DeKeyser's family is friends with Jim Nill's. He came to the Wings prospect camp in 2011. Played under Blashill. Seems like a lock. Only question is when he's eligible?

He's eligible as soon as he leaves WMU. Technically, he could quit the team before or after their game tonight & the Wings could sign him on the spot.

As soon as WMU's season is done, he is going to sign with.......

As soon as WMU's season is done, he is going to sign with.......

According to Hockeybuzz, the Oilers :lol: Because they got Schultz...

I think there's a good chance he'll be coming to an Oilers team near you.

"source"

Guest DeGraa55

ericsson (29). Lashoff (22). Kindl (26). Quincey (27). Smith (24). Dekeyser (23). if we keep that unit together for years they could be good.

also white (28). carlo (30). Kronwall (32). but i can see some of them not being part of our future.

You forgot our even bigger name young guys. This is why I'd be OK with trading kronwall or Colo or white or all three. Our problem now is scoring. Giving up two or threes goals isn't a big of a problem as only scoring one.

You forgot our even bigger name young guys. This is why I'd be OK with trading kronwall or Colo or white or all three. Our problem now is scoring. Giving up two or threes goals isn't a big of a problem as only scoring one.

yeah we need to get our offense going.

hopefully sproul and ouellet will be good too, but if we get danny it takes less pressure off them having to be good

Guest Johnz96

I would rather have Sustr

I have been beating this drum since my buddy dated Dan's sister last year at this time...I seriously hope this is about to happen! Having Him, Smith and McKee all playing together is a huge ego boost for all NCAA defensemen! I STILL want Holland to acquire Welsh from Carolina to put up front!

You may or may not realize that I am partial to NCAA players.... :lol:

I have been beating this drum since my buddy dated Dan's sister last year at this time...I seriously hope this is about to happen! Having Him, Smith and McKee all playing together is a huge ego boost for all NCAA defensemen! I STILL want Holland to acquire Welsh from Carolina to put up front!

You may or may not realize that I am partial to NCAA players.... :lol:

The quality of NCAA players is great cause they have more time to mature before joining the NHL cause they generally want to finish school before making the jump and we don't have everyone wanting to push them straight from Jr to NHL. There are few exceptions of guys who are ready to make that jump. Sproul and Ouellet may be 2, but they'll still do their time in GR. Dekeyser on the other hand would take the Schultz jump right to the big club cause he's matured enough to do so, and I truly hope he is a Wing as soon as the season is done.