• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

WMU's season.....

Rate this topic

Typical jockeying and being politically correct...nobody can offer any more money than anyone else, or length of contract. Babcock has already told him there is a roster spot for him, so I guess it just comes down to where he would really love to play...of course you have to at least listen to interested teams so you don't look like a jack ass to the league. Even if he has already chosen Detroit. I hope upon hope that he has chosen us! I tend to lean on the side of his sister, but who knows, maybe its just a feeling she has (probably wants him to be a Red Wing as much as we do.)

I would hate to get stood up by a local kid who grew up loving this team and when that team offers you a max deal and guaranteed icetime and you still turn them down, that really says a lot about the current status of that organization...it will all be Kenny's fault for not keeping this team elite if they lose out on him....it'll be a sad sad day...

If a local kid who grew up loving a team, and that team offered him the max deal and guaranteed ice time, and the kid turns them down, how would that be Kenny's fault? The organization has made it to the playoffs 20+ straight years with 4 Stanley Cups to show for it and 6 appearances in the finals since 95. The pedigree of this team speaks for itself. Don't get me wrong, I hope Danny comes here, but if the Wings lose out on him it won't be Kennys fault. The kid has to make a decision that is best for him. Maybe another team is going to offer him first line minutes with other benefits. Maybe he has a girlfriend that lives in another state and he is going to go play near where she lives. There are no guarantees, but I won't blame the organization if he chooses to go elsewhere. The Wings made their best pitch to get him. That alone should be enough.

Ok, too bad for WMU, but I am starting to get anxious! I texted my buddy and told him to keep me updated if he happens to hear something! He is with Jenn Dekeyser right now, but they are in hanging out in Florida so he may not get the word before we do up here! Even though I seem to have been the biggest proponent of Danny D, I won't be too upset if I don't break the news! I just hope it comes soon!

Are they normally in Florida? It had just dawned on me, WAIT?! Why is DeKeyser's sister in Florida? I sure would hate for them to be in Florida due to DeKeyser signing in Tampa! Maybe they haven't told you in fear that you would leak the information. So they give you the normal, "Oh yeah, Detroit!"....

But that's just the paranoid side of me.

Are they normally in Florida? It had just dawned on me, WAIT?! Why is DeKeyser's sister in Florida? I sure would hate for them to be in Florida due to DeKeyser signing in Tampa! Maybe they haven't told you in fear that you would leak the information. So they give you the normal, "Oh yeah, Detroit!"....

But that's just the paranoid side of me.

No, my buddy lives on Marco Island...he is a former airline employee from here (no, not a retired old freak he had to take medical retirement due to back issues) and he fly's her down there periodically...although...he is 43 and scores 25 years olds on a regular basis...good on him!

Edited by LeftWinger