• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

WMU's season.....

Rate this topic

We don't have the ties to Sustr like we do DeKeyser. Sustr has attended the NYR camp 3 years ago (IIRC) and for the past 2 he's attended PITTS and TB's camps. Josh Archibald has connections with Andrej Sustr, which is one of Pittsburghs prospects. So I could easily see TB or Pittsburgh getting Sustr with little to no problem. Every team has most likely been calling Sustr since he announced he was starting to take NHL offers and not do his senior year. Danny DeKeyser we have connections to. He's been at the camps the past 2-3(i'm almost positive it has been 3) seasons and Jim Nill's family is close with DeKeyser's. I would say we are in the front runner group for DeKeyser, if not THE front runner, but when it comes to Sustr... it's a pipe dream. I just hope we get ONE of them, please :(

EDIT:

Also, I would like DeKeyser more than Sustr right now. Obviously, both would be outstanding but DeKeyser is more NHL ready than Sustr. Sustr is an absolute beast at 6'8 230, and has the higher ceiling, but development wise, he's behind DeKeyser. Although, many say that Sustr has the potential to be the next Chara. Right now, we would be more prone to needing someone that would fit within the system now, not within 1-2+ years. We have enough defensemen within the system that I think our d core will be looking good in those upcoming years.

Sign Dekeyser and draft Pulock. That is all I ask from Kenny. After the past few years not being able to find trading partners unless it's a 3-way deal, he needs to pull out the check book for young ready talent. I cannot stand the idea of Sustr going to the Penguins though. I'd rather him go to the Rangers than the Pens, at least I like the Rangers team and their constant underachieving.

How many Black Aces can we carry? I know the playoff roster expands, but I'm not sure how many, and how many are actually on the roster as opposed to Black Aces.

Sorry about the massive run-on sentence.

We can only have the 23 man roster, but if i'm not mistaken Holland would usually bring more guys along if for nothing more than to soak in the playoff intensity and get a second hand taste of it.

How many Black Aces can we carry? I know the playoff roster expands, but I'm not sure how many, and how many are actually on the roster as opposed to Black Aces.

Sorry about the massive run-on sentence.

After the trade deadline the 23 man roster limit gets removed. There fore, technically, you can have unlimited black aces.

We can only have the 23 man roster, but if i'm not mistaken Holland would usually bring more guys along if for nothing more than to soak in the playoff intensity and get a second hand taste of it.

Holland usually brings 5+ black aces come playoff time and once April 3rd hits the 23 man roster limit goes away.

So is the NCAA tourney teams announced Sunday morning or night?

Wanna see if Minnesota State makes the cut. After getting smoked by the Badgers today I don't know. I doubt it but they were ranked 10th overall before the Nebraska Omaha series.

9:00 PM EDT Sunday on ESPNU. Minn State's sitting in the 8 spot in the rankings as of Monday so I think their chances would be pretty good.

Abby. It was only two games, right at the end of the year when we already had the President's Trophy locked up, but I think he stayed on as black ace for the Cup run.

Riley Sheahan also got a game in Detroit & 7 in GR after signing out of Notre Dame at the end of last season.

Difference is that both Abdelkader and Sheahan were drafted by the Wings previously, and just happened to sign their pro deals and play in the same year. I don't know if the Wings have ever signed an undrafted free agent out of college, let alone sign and play in the same year. If and when we reach a deal with Dekeyser, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a game or two in with the big club before being sent down to GR for a bigger role, then get the black-ace call up once GR's season is over.

Difference is that both Abdelkader and Sheahan were drafted by the Wings previously, and just happened to sign their pro deals and play in the same year. I don't know if the Wings have ever signed an undrafted free agent out of college, let alone sign and play in the same year. If and when we reach a deal with Dekeyser, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a game or two in with the big club before being sent down to GR for a bigger role, then get the black-ace call up once GR's season is over.

Adam Oates..... :ninja:

Excellent.

Ok ladies and gentlemen, take this bit of info any way you want to, with a grain of salt or with a shot of tequila!

Just talked to my buddy who is real good friends with Dans sister, Jenn. He was with her last night and he told me that it is her belief that Dan is choosing the Red Wings. She also said if there is any kind of upset in the CCHA Championship, WMU is likely out and, heres the good part, he told me that Dan told his family that Babcock has promised him a spot in the lineup...

Like I said, this is just hearsay from Dans sister, but I find it very excitable news!

Ok ladies and gentlemen, take this bit of info any way you want to, with a grain of salt or with a shot of tequila!

Just talked to my buddy who is real good friends with Dans sister, Jenn. He was with her last night and he told me that it is her belief that Dan is choosing the Red Wings. She also said if there is any kind of upset in the CCHA Championship, WMU is likely out and, heres the good part, he told me that Dan told his family that Babcock has promised him a spot in the lineup...

Like I said, this is just hearsay from Dans sister, but I find it very excitable news!

I can only imagine Ian White when Danny DeKeyser takes over his spot, haha. I really hope that's some credible and awesome information. I just wanna see this kid sign with us...

Edited by evilzyme

I cant imagine it not to be true. He was the one who first told me about Dekeyser and dated his sister for awhile. He still sees her here and there....i too hope her feeling is correct and the babs statement as well! I fully believe that Danny D will be suiting up soon in the #15 for us! (just a guess on an available #)

Edit: another fyi, he just now told me and said the way she was acting, he believes its a done deal, but she just couldnt let it out before its announced.... :w00t2:

Edited by LeftWinger

Yeah, it is my understanding that if Michigan wins today and tomorrow Western may get bounced. However I don't like their chances against Miami today.

Yeah, it is my understanding that if Michigan wins today and tomorrow Western may get bounced. However I don't like their chances against Miami today.

It's not just Michigan winning, it's what's happening in the other conference championships as well since the winners get automatic bids. Here's what's left:

Atlantic Hockey: Canisius vs. Mercyhurst (Both unranked)

CCHA: Ohio State (u/r) vs. ND (9) & Michigan (20) vs. Miami (3)

ECAC: Brown (u/r) vs. Union (18)

WCHA: Colorado College (u/r) vs. Wisconsin (14)

Hockey East: Boston U (17) vs. UMass-Lowell (5)

Worst case scenario for WMU is that Michigan or even worse OSU takes the CCHA, Brown the ECAC, Colorado College the WCHA, & BU Hockey East. That would mean 5 bids going to unranked or lower ranked teams with WMU sitting 12th in this past Monday's rankings. Even in the best case (Miami in the CCHA, Wisconsin in the WCHA, & UMass in Hockey East) WMU still might find themselves on the outside looking in regardless of what Michigan or OSU does this weekend.

So what I'm saying is that regardless of what happens in the conference tourneys today or tomorrow, there's a pretty good chance that Western's season is over.

Edited by ogreslayer

If they sign this kid we've got a whole lot of d-men with few places to put them. We've also got a lot of them coming up soon from the minors to the AHL. With all that defensive talent, Holland could possibly take a chance and move a higher end piece. I know it's not a popular opinion around here, but I'd be willing to move a package with Smith as the center piece for Yandle. We'd be so boss with that guy.

Edited by kipwinger

@JeffDeacs: Western Michigan is officially eliminated from the NCAA Hockey Tournament. #BroncoHockey #WMU

Ok, too bad for WMU, but I am starting to get anxious! I texted my buddy and told him to keep me updated if he happens to hear something! He is with Jenn Dekeyser right now, but they are in hanging out in Florida so he may not get the word before we do up here! Even though I seem to have been the biggest proponent of Danny D, I won't be too upset if I don't break the news! I just hope it comes soon!

If they sign this kid we've got a whole lot of d-men with few places to put them. We've also got a lot of them coming up soon from the minors to the AHL. With all that defensive talent, Holland could possibly take a chance and move a higher end piece. I know it's not a popular opinion around here, but I'd be willing to move a package with Smith as the center piece for Yandle. We'd be so boss with that guy.

Nah, don't move Smith...keep all our defensive prospects and what we have past this year up in the NHL. With (hopefully) the imminent signing of Danny D, we have a young NHL core that will grow together and only get better and better! This will give Ouellet and Sproul and the others a good couple of season to get acclimated to the AHL and our system... If Danny is signed, I can see all three of Huskins, White and Colaiacovo gone next season...

To start the 2013-14 season:

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Quincey

Dekeyser - Kindl

Lashoff

....me likes! :cheesy:

Edited by LeftWinger

hellllllll no, dont trade smith. he carries himself so good, i love watching people try to hit him.

Ok, too bad for WMU, but I am starting to get anxious! I texted my buddy and told him to keep me updated if he happens to hear something! He is with Jenn Dekeyser right now, but they are in hanging out in Florida so he may not get the word before we do up here! Even though I seem to have been the biggest proponent of Danny D, I won't be too upset if I don't break the news! I just hope it comes soon!

Nah, don't move Smith...keep all our defensive prospects and what we have past this year up in the NHL. With (hopefully) the imminent signing of Danny D, we have a young NHL core that will grow together and only get better and better! This will give Ouellet and Sproul and the others a good couple of season to get acclimated to the AHL and our system... If Danny is signed, I can see all three of Huskins, White and Colaiacovo gone next season...

To start the 2013-14 season:

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Quincey

Dekeyser - Kindl

Lashoff

....me likes! :cheesy:

I'd move Smith for Yandle. Yandle is only 2 years older (26), so it's not like we wouldn't have a young d-core. Plus, Yandle already is everything that Smith is projected to be. A stud on the powerplay, super durable, capable of producing in transition as well as in a defense first system, and amazingly fast. Not quite as aggressive as Smith perhaps, but we don't really need our offensive d-men to be too aggressive. Plus Yandle is signed through 2016, which means you've got stability on the back end while these other young guys develop.

I like Smith, and think he'll be good. But I don't think he projects any higher than Yandle, and the latter has been doing it for a while now. Who knows whether Smith turns into an all star one day, with Yandle you've already got it and will have it for quite a while. Then you can get Kronwall back to doing what he should be doing, leading the second d-pairing.

hellllllll no, dont trade smith. he carries himself so good, i love watching people try to hit him.

Look he's a good player, he's just not better than Yandle and even if he reaches full potential, he's only projected to be what Yandle already is (and has been for a while). Yandle helps us now and in the future. Brendan Smith is still a crap shoot. He'll probably make it as an offensive d-man, but for the right return (and Yandle is that) I'd move him.

Helene St. James@HeleneStJames1m

#Redwings have made pitch to Danny DeKeyser. Agent has told teams they are going through process and will take a few days to make decision.

Typical jockeying and being politically correct...nobody can offer any more money than anyone else, or length of contract. Babcock has already told him there is a roster spot for him, so I guess it just comes down to where he would really love to play...of course you have to at least listen to interested teams so you don't look like a jack ass to the league. Even if he has already chosen Detroit. I hope upon hope that he has chosen us! I tend to lean on the side of his sister, but who knows, maybe its just a feeling she has (probably wants him to be a Red Wing as much as we do.)

I would hate to get stood up by a local kid who grew up loving this team and when that team offers you a max deal and guaranteed icetime and you still turn them down, that really says a lot about the current status of that organization...it will all be Kenny's fault for not keeping this team elite if they lose out on him....it'll be a sad sad day...