• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Abby. It was only two games, right at the end of the year when we already had the President's Trophy locked up, but I think he stayed on as black ace for the Cup run.

Riley Sheahan also got a game in Detroit & 7 in GR after signing out of Notre Dame at the end of last season.

Difference is that both Abdelkader and Sheahan were drafted by the Wings previously, and just happened to sign their pro deals and play in the same year.  I don't know if the Wings have ever signed an undrafted free agent out of college, let alone sign and play in the same year.  If and when we reach a deal with Dekeyser, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a game or two in with the big club before being sent down to GR for a bigger role, then get the black-ace call up once GR's season is over.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#62 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Difference is that both Abdelkader and Sheahan were drafted by the Wings previously, and just happened to sign their pro deals and play in the same year.  I don't know if the Wings have ever signed an undrafted free agent out of college, let alone sign and play in the same year.  If and when we reach a deal with Dekeyser, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a game or two in with the big club before being sent down to GR for a bigger role, then get the black-ace call up once GR's season is over.

Adam Oates..... :ninja:

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#63 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

Excellent.

Ok ladies and gentlemen, take this bit of info any way you want to, with a grain of salt or with a shot of tequila!

Just talked to my buddy who is real good friends with Dans sister, Jenn. He was with her last night and he told me that it is her belief that Dan is choosing the Red Wings. She also said if there is any kind of upset in the CCHA Championship, WMU is likely out and, heres the good part, he told me that Dan told his family that Babcock has promised him a spot in the lineup...

Like I said, this is just hearsay from Dans sister, but I find it very excitable news!

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#64 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

Ok ladies and gentlemen, take this bit of info any way you want to, with a grain of salt or with a shot of tequila!

Just talked to my buddy who is real good friends with Dans sister, Jenn. He was with her last night and he told me that it is her belief that Dan is choosing the Red Wings. She also said if there is any kind of upset in the CCHA Championship, WMU is likely out and, heres the good part, he told me that Dan told his family that Babcock has promised him a spot in the lineup...

Like I said, this is just hearsay from Dans sister, but I find it very excitable news!

I can only imagine Ian White when Danny DeKeyser takes over his spot, haha. I really hope that's some credible and awesome information. I just wanna see this kid sign with us...

Edited by evilzyme, 23 March 2013 - 10:32 AM.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#65 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

I cant imagine it not to be true. He was the one who first told me about Dekeyser and dated his sister for awhile. He still sees her here and there....i too hope her feeling is correct and the babs statement as well! I fully believe that Danny D will be suiting up soon in the #15 for us! (just a guess on an available #)

Edit: another fyi, he just now told me and said the way she was acting, he believes its a done deal, but she just couldnt let it out before its announced.... :w00t2:

Edited by LeftWinger, 23 March 2013 - 10:46 AM.

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#66 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Yeah, it is my understanding that if Michigan wins today and tomorrow Western may get bounced. However I don't like their chances against Miami today.

#67 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

:lol: just put the request in to have my buddy to tell his sister to tell Dan to pick #15 if he indeed signs here....i am so excited, hope it happens!

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#68 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Yeah, it is my understanding that if Michigan wins today and tomorrow Western may get bounced. However I don't like their chances against Miami today.

It's not just Michigan winning, it's what's happening in the other conference championships as well since the winners get automatic bids.  Here's what's left:

Atlantic Hockey: Canisius vs. Mercyhurst (Both unranked)

CCHA: Ohio State (u/r) vs. ND (9)  & Michigan (20) vs. Miami (3)   

ECAC: Brown (u/r) vs. Union (18)  

WCHA: Colorado College (u/r) vs. Wisconsin (14)

Hockey East: Boston U (17) vs. UMass-Lowell (5)

Worst case scenario for WMU is that Michigan or even worse OSU takes the CCHA, Brown the ECAC, Colorado College the WCHA, & BU Hockey East.  That would mean 5 bids going to unranked or lower ranked teams with WMU sitting 12th in this past Monday's rankings.  Even in the best case (Miami in the CCHA, Wisconsin in the WCHA, & UMass in Hockey East) WMU still might find themselves on the outside looking in regardless of what Michigan or OSU does this weekend.  

So what I'm saying is that regardless of what happens in the conference tourneys today or tomorrow, there's a pretty good chance that Western's season is over.

Edited by ogreslayer, 23 March 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#69 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

@JeffDeacs: Western Michigan is officially eliminated from the NCAA Hockey Tournament. #BroncoHockey #WMU

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#70 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

If they sign this kid we've got a whole lot of d-men with few places to put them.  We've also got a lot of them coming up soon from the minors to the AHL.  With all that defensive talent, Holland could possibly take a chance and move a higher end piece.  I know it's not a popular opinion around here, but I'd be willing to move a package with Smith as the center piece for Yandle.  We'd be so boss with that guy. 

Edited by kipwinger, 23 March 2013 - 02:36 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#71 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

@JeffDeacs: Western Michigan is officially eliminated from the NCAA Hockey Tournament. #BroncoHockey #WMU

Ok, too bad for WMU, but I am starting to get anxious!  I texted my buddy and told him to keep me updated if he happens to hear something!  He is with Jenn Dekeyser right now, but they are in hanging out in Florida so he may not get the word before we do up here!  Even though I seem to have been the biggest proponent of Danny D, I won't be too upset if I don't break the news! I just hope it comes soon!

If they sign this kid we've got a whole lot of d-men with few places to put them.  We've also got a lot of them coming up soon from the minors to the AHL.  With all that defensive talent, Holland could possibly take a chance and move a higher end piece.  I know it's not a popular opinion around here, but I'd be willing to move a package with Smith as the center piece for Yandle.  We'd be so boss with that guy. 

Nah, don't move Smith...keep all our defensive prospects and what we have past this year up in the NHL. With (hopefully) the imminent signing of Danny D, we have a young NHL core that will grow together and only get better and better! This will give Ouellet and Sproul and the others a good couple of season to get acclimated to the AHL and our system... If Danny is signed, I can see all three of Huskins, White and Colaiacovo gone next season...

To start the 2013-14 season:

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Quincey

Dekeyser - Kindl

Lashoff

....me likes!  :cheesy:

Edited by LeftWinger, 23 March 2013 - 03:31 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#72 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

hellllllll no, dont trade smith. he carries himself so good, i love watching people try to hit him.

#73 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

Ok, too bad for WMU, but I am starting to get anxious!  I texted my buddy and told him to keep me updated if he happens to hear something!  He is with Jenn Dekeyser right now, but they are in hanging out in Florida so he may not get the word before we do up here!  Even though I seem to have been the biggest proponent of Danny D, I won't be too upset if I don't break the news! I just hope it comes soon!

Nah, don't move Smith...keep all our defensive prospects and what we have past this year up in the NHL. With (hopefully) the imminent signing of Danny D, we have a young NHL core that will grow together and only get better and better! This will give Ouellet and Sproul and the others a good couple of season to get acclimated to the AHL and our system... If Danny is signed, I can see all three of Huskins, White and Colaiacovo gone next season...

To start the 2013-14 season:

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Quincey

Dekeyser - Kindl

Lashoff

....me likes!  :cheesy:

I'd move Smith for Yandle.  Yandle is only 2 years older (26), so it's not like we wouldn't have a young d-core.  Plus, Yandle already is everything that Smith is projected to be.  A stud on the powerplay, super durable, capable of producing in transition as well as in a defense first system, and amazingly fast.  Not quite as aggressive as Smith perhaps, but we don't really need our offensive d-men to be too aggressive.  Plus Yandle is signed through 2016, which means you've got stability on the back end while these other young guys develop. 

I like Smith, and think he'll be good.  But I don't think he projects any higher than Yandle, and the latter has been doing it for a while now.  Who knows whether Smith turns into an all star one day, with Yandle you've already got it and will have it for quite a while.  Then you can get Kronwall back to doing what he should be doing, leading the second d-pairing. 

hellllllll no, dont trade smith. he carries himself so good, i love watching people try to hit him.

Look he's a good player, he's just not better than Yandle and even if he reaches full potential, he's only projected to be what Yandle already is (and has been for a while).  Yandle helps us now and in the future.  Brendan Smith is still a crap shoot.  He'll probably make it as an offensive d-man, but for the right return (and Yandle is that) I'd move him. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#74 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

Helene St. James@HeleneStJames1m

#Redwings have made pitch to Danny DeKeyser. Agent has told teams they are going through process and will take a few days to make decision.

#75 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

Helene St. James@HeleneStJames1m

#Redwings have made pitch to Danny DeKeyser. Agent has told teams they are going through process and will take a few days to make decision.

Typical jockeying and being politically correct...nobody can offer any more money than anyone else, or length of contract. Babcock has already told him there is a roster spot for him, so I guess it just comes down to where he would really love to play...of course you have to at least listen to interested teams so you don't look like a jack ass to the league.  Even if he has already chosen Detroit.  I hope upon hope that he has chosen us! I tend to lean on the side of his sister, but who knows, maybe its just a feeling she has (probably wants him to be a Red Wing as much as we do.) 

I would hate to get stood up by a local kid who grew up loving this team and when that team offers you a max deal and guaranteed icetime and you still turn them down, that really says a lot about the current status of that organization...it will all be Kenny's fault for not keeping this team elite if they lose out on him....it'll be a sad sad day...

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#76 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Ok crossing my fingers and toes and whatever else I can manage!

#77 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Typical jockeying and being politically correct...nobody can offer any more money than anyone else, or length of contract. Babcock has already told him there is a roster spot for him, so I guess it just comes down to where he would really love to play...of course you have to at least listen to interested teams so you don't look like a jack ass to the league.  Even if he has already chosen Detroit.  I hope upon hope that he has chosen us! I tend to lean on the side of his sister, but who knows, maybe its just a feeling she has (probably wants him to be a Red Wing as much as we do.) 

I would hate to get stood up by a local kid who grew up loving this team and when that team offers you a max deal and guaranteed icetime and you still turn them down, that really says a lot about the current status of that organization...it will all be Kenny's fault for not keeping this team elite if they lose out on him....it'll be a sad sad day...

If a local kid who grew up loving a team, and that team offered him the max deal and guaranteed ice time, and the kid turns them down, how would that be Kenny's fault?  The organization has made it to the playoffs 20+ straight years with 4 Stanley Cups to show for it and 6 appearances in the finals since 95.  The pedigree of this team speaks for itself.  Don't get me wrong, I hope Danny comes here, but if the Wings lose out on him it won't be Kennys fault.  The kid has to make a decision that is best for him.  Maybe another team is going to offer him first line minutes with other benefits.  Maybe he has a girlfriend that lives in another state and he is going to go play near where she lives.  There are no guarantees, but I won't blame the organization if he chooses to go elsewhere.  The Wings made their best pitch to get him.  That alone should be enough.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#78 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

A little more info on WMU still having a slim chance of getting into the NCAA's yet:

http://blog.collegeh...se-live-blog-3/

#79 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Are they normally in Florida? It had just dawned on me, WAIT?! Why is DeKeyser's sister in Florida? I sure would hate for them to be in Florida due to DeKeyser signing in Tampa! Maybe they haven't told you in fear that you would leak the information. So they give you the normal, "Oh yeah, Detroit!"....

But that's just the paranoid side of me.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#80 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Are they normally in Florida? It had just dawned on me, WAIT?! Why is DeKeyser's sister in Florida? I sure would hate for them to be in Florida due to DeKeyser signing in Tampa! Maybe they haven't told you in fear that you would leak the information. So they give you the normal, "Oh yeah, Detroit!"....

But that's just the paranoid side of me.

No, my buddy lives on Marco Island...he is a former airline employee from here (no, not a retired old freak he had to take medical retirement due to back issues) and he fly's her down there periodically...although...he is 43 and scores 25 years olds on a regular basis...good on him!

Edited by LeftWinger, 23 March 2013 - 08:22 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!