• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red Crazy

Trade Kronwall?

Rate this topic

Not a knee jerk thread but if the Wings continue to play like they have been. What would Kronwall bring at the deadline? He has been good at putting up some points but he has been really good at costing the Wings goals. The first 2 tonight are all on him and his buddy E

ya why dont you destroy our defense even more

What defense are you talking about? I don't see much to brag about. I am talking about trading a player that might have very good value which we don't have a lot of.

What defense are you talking about? I don't see much to brag about. I am talking about trading a player that might have very good value which we don't have a lot of.

he's our best defensemen , cup winner... played with lidstrom for many years and no doubt learned from him and you wanna get rid of him ? makes zero sense

he's our best defensemen , cup winner... played with lidstrom for many years and no doubt learned from him and you wanna get rid of him ? makes zero sense

Yes and maybe he looked a lot better while playing with Nick and with Stuart. It depends a lot on what can be got for him. I am not suggesting trading him for nothing. If it is a good time to rebuild then players of value that can help the future by being traded need to be shopped. Not sure we are there yet but its not looking good.

I see a lot to brag about. They proved that they can survive without lidstrom. They are still one of the better defensive teams in the league. Mistakes are bound to happen when the defense is so young, but they have otherwise been extremely impressive.

I think your proposition is the definition of a "knee jerk reaction"

Not a knee jerk thread but if the Wings continue to play like they have been. What would Kronwall bring at the deadline? He has been good at putting up some points but he has been really good at costing the Wings goals. The first 2 tonight are all on him and his buddy E

Considering you posted this after the Oilers went up 2-0, it is a knee jerk thread. :tounge:

There is no better defenseman than Kronwall available in trade, so I dont see how trading him could possibly improve the team.

Why I suggested Kronwall was IF the Wings looked like they would not make the playoffs come deadline day and a big return could be had for him. Maybe in a package with Mule? It's funny how some on here are screaming about a rebuild or a big trade but never want to give anything up in return.

Kronwall helped poop the bed on 2 goals last night, but if you all notice, his only 2 mistakes ended up in our net. He also assisted on Petry's goal, which was a beauty by the way :lol: and has been great lately adding his name to the list in Norris talks believe it or not. With the roll over of our D since Rafalski retired, and then losing Lids and Stuart this year, does anyone think his life is easy? Give him the rest of the season to sort his s*** out. I for one think he's earned it.

Why I suggested Kronwall was IF the Wings looked like they would not make the playoffs come deadline day and a big return could be had for him. Maybe in a package with Mule? It's funny how some on here are screaming about a rebuild or a big trade but never want to give anything up in return.

We are currently sitting in 5th in the conference, I would rather trade prospects and picks then one of the best dmen in the league (believe it or not) He is second among dmen in scoring, He has been a +6 since his awful start, and he is really figuring out his role since #5 left. This was known to be a TRANSISTION season, not a rebuild, we are bring younger, bigger, faster guys up. We all knew that we wouldn't be the top team in the league, let them make their mistakes it is the only way to learn, there is no need to to hit the panic button every time we get scored on, or lose a game.

We are currently sitting in 5th in the conference, I would rather trade prospects and picks then one of the best dmen in the league (believe it or not) He is second among dmen in scoring, He has been a +6 since his awful start, and he is really figuring out his role since #5 left. This was known to be a TRANSISTION season, not a rebuild, we are bring younger, bigger, faster guys up. We all knew that we wouldn't be the top team in the league, let them make their mistakes it is the only way to learn, there is no need to to hit the panic button every time we get scored on, or lose a game.

Agreed. This is likely why Tatar was swapped with Nyquist as well so they both get a taste and you can only have a 23 man roster so we'll only see a couple up at a time. After a couple contracts expire we'll see more if them inserted. Next up is Callahan.

First you can't trade Kronwall-Full NTC. Not untill 2015/16 can he be moved. Now with that being said, the question is valid. it depends on what the answer to the question of: How far away from a SC are we? If you beleive that we can compete for SC over the next 3 years-when Kronwall is 33, 34, and 35, then you keep him. if you beleive that we are further away than that, then the idea of moving expensive veteran players for cheap young talent is a valid question.

yes kronwall is doing well, offensively. the flip side is, the defense part of defensemen needs some serious work. he is overly agressive and alwasy out of position lately. Last night-before Q went out of the game, Kindl and Ericsson where togehter facing the Oilers top line. kronwall was with Smith facing the second line.

Yes, you have a point in that to get something you will need to give up something too. The problem I have with trading Kronwall is that he is not likely to fetch a player to be considered an upgrade in return. What we seek is a "legitimate" no 1 defenseman. For obvious reasons we are not going to get a Weber or Doughty in return from a team looking to go deep in the playoffs. I also do not believe that the best solution is to initiate a complete rebuild, that would basically mean trading for picks and prospects ready to make an impact years from now. This team isonly missing a few key pieces IMO. I, as many others, have argued that the Red Wings most tradeable assets are Filppula and Franzen. Unfortunately, the pending FA status of Filppula will impact the return for him, but if there is a possibility to trade him in a package deal I see this as the most viable option for Holland to improve this team. Mainly because I think Filppula could benefit from a change of scenery and because his pass first mentality is similar to others on the team. What I hope to get in return is a speedy forward with goal scoring touch and preferably some size.