• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Red Wings lack offensive creativity

Rate this topic

Yeah, I understand them putting a premium on responsible defensive play. But to try and turn your franchise into Nashville, Phoenix, or someone like that doesn't make much sense. We haven't been drafting for that type of system, nor developing, nor coaching, nor anything. So switching midstream without the type of roster necessary to excel in that type of game is a bit silly. Then again, what do I know. It's obviously been working out for us thus far eh?

They lack offense in general! Or, otherwise, the ability to capitalize on chances.

I feel like we have a team of pass first players with the exception of Franzen and Brunner and unfortunately the latter is snake bitten as hell. I appreciate the work Abby has done on the first line, but his job is to be a third line grinder, and he excels at that job. We need a gritty top 6 player who isn't afraid to shoot the puck.

It sucks because I really think Nash would have been the answer to our top 6 woes. He could have been paired up with Pav and Fil and Z could have been on the second line with Mule and Brunner. I am really hoping this offseason that Kenny goes after a Nash or Ryan type player. Offensive creativity is not the only way to score goals, sometimes you've got to just grind hard, power your way in and score that garbage goal.

We could also work with who we already have in our system like, I don't know, TATAR MAYBE!! It kills me that he is not in this lineup and freaking Cleary is. That move alone might have had us in a different spot today. No disrespect to Cleary, but his time in Detroit should be over after this season.

Edited by Wingsfan72

Wings lost against an AHL-team. Rookie's like Baertschi, Horak, Reinhart or Hanowski stepped up and create a lot of offense. Calgary's actually playing a lot better than the redwings do - not only because of the loss yesterday. So why Babcock doesn't want to give our youth a chance? As already said before, Wings didn't draft a lot of defensive responsible players. With Brunner, Samuelsson and Nyquist most of the newest roster additions aren't defensive responsible, too. So why not let the youth play big minutes as they do very successfully for Calgary as long as the other guy's nearly produce nothin? Does anybody think that our prospects are worse than Calgary's? Never.

Plus it's very hard to get a PP going or create some offense as long as you got a Quincey on the ice. I'm very sorry, Kyle, but see what happened in Calgary since the Bouwmeester trade. TJ Brodie's playing big minutes every single night and is creating a lot of offense. He's one of the best defensemen in the league as long as he plays on this level. Some of our younger defensemen (DeKeyer, Smith, Lash) could also do that if they get a chance to. See how Kindl stepped up by playing big minutes.

Same problem with Ericsson. You can't create offense with two defensmen in the lineup who are useless at the blueline.

Edited by poel

And to all the hate for Holland - he did say before the season started that he was unsure the team would make the playoffs. That is because THIS season was always about NEXT season; the vets were brought in as a band-aid to get to the land of magic, the UFA and salary dump market in July 2013.

Does anybody really believe that desirable players will be part of any team's salary dump? Maybe a couple of second tier players, but nothing of the quality you're describing. If he seriously gave up on a season to get more fluffy filler, I will be pissed.